• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Investing in rum - Foursquare

8 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

out of stock 

Sorry but if you only got to the website 7 hours after I posted the link you've got no chance!  2010 was a higher volume run too so more opportunities than Isonomy for example. 

Still some Elysium in stock at TWE though...

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Spent a bit too much at the Rum Auctioneer last night 😬

Did anyone else have a punt? 

missed that, but im all in on tangibles now - I have nothing in the bank. 
Working on more income as I feel poor :( 

Its so easy to over buy on that site!!! 

Edited by Stacktastic

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

🤣 Im out at the mo, year end coming up so concentrating on the ISA.

Any bargains ?

I managed to pick up a 17 year old Foursquare for £85, which sounds reasonable.

I probably over paid for the other two lots of Uitvlugt but they were both over 30 years old and it’s a closed distillery 😬 Two bottle to lay down for a decade and check the prices then 😉 I won one quite easy but the other I got out bid on two times but I was on top of the website and didn’t go over my budget (even though I consider one bottle “too expensive”).

Might drink the Foursquare but then again maybe not. Maybe too good for my limited  palette at the moment.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

9 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

missed that, but im all in on tangibles now - I have nothing in the bank. 
Working on more income as I feel poor :( 

Its so easy to over buy on that site!!! 

I got caught up on one bottle of Uitvlugt, see comment above. One, maybe two other bidders wanted it, it was a limited bottle run of 205 and 30 years old. It’s going away for a decade and we will see where prices are then. I could easily leave this in storage for 25 years and hopefully it will help pay for my daughters wedding with it being a closed distillery bottle, hopefully fewer bottle left sooner. 🤷‍♂️ 

I like to drink rum so consider it and investment and maybe a treat in retirement. I should be buying two of each modern release. One to sell in 25 years and one to drink in retirement 😂 

Is anyone else a user on RumX website or phone app? I think we can search each other and be “friends” and read about each others Rums. 👍🏻 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

I might get 2 of these - is this good value??
my brother in law only drinks decent rum & doorless is the most affordable. 

Sod it just bought 2 lots (4 bottles). 
After reading this it should hold its value well. 

https://www.secretrumbar.com/post/foursquare-touchstone-vs-sassafras-vs-dominus 

Edited by Stacktastic

15 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

I might get 2 of these - is this good value??
my brother in law only drinks decent rum & doorless is the most affordable. 

Sod it just bought 2 lots (4 bottles). 
After reading this it should hold its value well. 

https://www.secretrumbar.com/post/foursquare-touchstone-vs-sassafras-vs-dominus 

The price seems fair. The Doorlys 12 goes for £50 in most places.

Picked up a Touchstone today from Royal Mile Whiskies (balloted), although the UK is behind as ever as they announced Covenant as the next edition the other week!

16 minutes ago, 272 said:

Picked up a Touchstone today from Royal Mile Whiskies (balloted), although the UK is behind as ever as they announced Covenant as the next edition the other week!

I entered that too, but no joy. Never won a thing since they moved to that system.

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use