• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Investing in rum - Foursquare

13 minutes ago, Chorlton said:

Is no one drinking their Rum 🙂

The trouble is once you drink any half decent rum the cheaper stuff just tastes like antiseptic 😝

Your surprised? - this is a stacking forum full of people that buy things and put them in a safe.
This IMO is a better investment - last least I dont have an expensive doorstop & can actually drink this stuff. ;) 

Agreed - but not if you have a 50 litre home column still - never worked it out but triple distilled costs me about 20-50p a litre.  ;) 
If I carbon filtered it it would knock the socks off any half decent premium spirit - even grey goose!! 

Edited by Stacktastic

Yes I drink and collect! Trouble is with Whisky and Rum even for collectables I used to try to drink one and keep one but given the frenzy over  some releases you're lucky if you get one these days with all the Bots, WhatappSIgnal/Slack/ groups etc used people who see it primarily as an investment. 

Edited by 272

27 minutes ago, 272 said:

Yes I drink and collect! Trouble is with Whisky an Rum even for collectables to try to drink one and keep one but given the frenzy over  some releases you're lucky if you get one these days with all the Bots, WhatappSIgnal/Slack/ groups etc used people who see it primarily as an investment. 

I had not thought about robots buying the alcohol - I remember Shibboleth selling straight away.
Thats good thing in some respects, but you want people to drink it dont you as that limits supply!! 
But I bet a lotofmy bottles were from those people & bars and drinkers will bar buying them?? 

I have gouty answer about the £25 charge thing
You would need to buy at least 4 bottles to make it worth your time basically. 
Makes sense to buy cheaper from the EU to UK as to ship to Poland's not a lot less. 

easily save £10-15 a bottle of Shibboleth if you buy enough. 

In regards to our shipping fees from the EU to the UK, we charge £25.00 for the first bottle and further £3.00 for every bottle after that.
For example, 3 bottles from the EU to the UK would cost £31.00. 

I have too say i impressed with the rum auctioneer in terms of this site, delivery time & customer service.
They have earnt their 10% if you ask me!! :) 

Edited by Stacktastic

Wow I can't believe I have only found this feed today

I live rum and am thinking of starting a collect I do have some already 21yr Appleton estate  i have already finished one bottle but have an untouched one 

I am hoping  to get an older English Harbour soon 

My favourite non standard may offend a few and it's captain Morgan private stock

In also thinking of building a whiskey collection I already have a decent macallan 1969 25yr old with box etc

I keep that out of arms reach thats for sure 

to add to my bottle of Shibboleth - I have just been hit with an import tax charge of £45!!
That makes the total £186 for a bottle of rum worth about £120. :( 

Im not paying it & have demanded a discount of some sort for future purchases - see what they say as it was certainly not obvious!!
Im glad at least it was the Shibboleth as the future value of that should be a lot higher, so I could take the hit. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 272 said:

Four square tasting packs for £30 if you want to taste what you've collected?

https://tipples-of-manchester.myshopify.com/collections/tipples-tasting-boxes

I almost hit the buy button then, but for 150ml of rum for £36 - nah, my 4x distilled vodka is better. ;) 
I would love to but its not a lot of rum for that money - but thanks. 

Plus if I carry on with this, I should be rich enough some point to neck a bottle of that each weekend and not care. 
Im tempted to crack open my £180 rip off Shibboleth now though - despite being penniless.  😛 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2022 at 11:03, Shinus73 said:

Managed to pick up a couple of these, before they sold out (quickly) earlier this week.

23F3B695-69F5-4F37-8B2A-F2586A9DB475.jpeg

There are still some  available online if anyone wants one

LBD Spirits Foursquare Rum 2011 – Kinnaird Head Whiskies

LBD Foursquare Rum – The Scottish Gantry

LBD Foursquare Rum 2011 50cl – Callander Drinks Co. (callander-drinks-co.myshopify.com)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 272 said:

https://www.theatreofwine.com/p/XHK6971/rum/theatre-of-wine/rl-seale-foursquare-exceptional-cask-sovereignty-62-barbados

Get free delivery over £90 so might be worth getting a bottle of wine with it.

Ah out too, but I shall get one on the auctions. Sure there will ver plenty at some point. 
PM me if you see anything else. :) 

Not Sovereignty (they'll arrive next week) but picked up another Exceptional Cask Selection Mark XVII and the Foursquare LBD although I suspect I'll just drink that one.

1528208765_WhatsAppVideo2022-07-23at9_15.17PM_Moment.jpg.7f1730b351ff3e576bb1fbf84bd0649a.jpg

20220723_193347.thumb.jpg.c1466c0b4f2bfc7fec2c465a77f9596b.jpg

1 hour ago, 272 said:

Thanks Mate - I sold a pair of sunglasses (I found) yesterday for £10 more so its effectively free. Thanks for that. :) 

Not long after: 

Untitled.png

Edited by Stacktastic

As I feel broke at the moment, i thought I would set up a little investment cupboard to remind me where my capital has gone! 
I shall replace the other bits with other types of investments as I go along (not sure what yet?). 

Note the warning to my curious sons in the future 😛 
My eldest (6yo) watched me open my key safe the other day, wrote down the code and got into my PM safe. 
I also found a note in his bedroom saying ' breaking daddies safe and take his gold. I have created a monster. 
My 5yo could not give a stuff about all that at all.

Bless him he thought I would find it funny, but I calmly told him that was anything else but funny LOL. 

Is it OK to store it like this? i have added the poly on top to protect from potential water damage. 
Its a steady temperature & I will install a lock on it as there will be a few £K in there before too long!!

IMG_9679 2.JPG

IMG_9683.jpg

Edited by Stacktastic

2 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

As I feel broke at the moment, i thought I would set up a little investment cupboard to remind me where my capital has gone! 
I shall replace the other bits with other types of investments as I go along (not sure what yet?). 

Note the warning to my curious sons in the future 😛 
My eldest (6yo) watched me open my key safe the other day, wrote down the code and got into my PM safe. 
I also found a note in his bedroom saying ' breaking daddies safe and take his gold. I have created a monster. 
My 5yo could not give a stuff about all that at all.

Bless him he thought I would find it funny, but I calmly told him that was anything else but funny LOL. 

Is it OK to store it like this? i have added the poly on top to protect from potential water damage. 
Its a steady temperature & I will install a lock on it as there will be a few £K in there before too long!!

IMG_9679 2.JPG

IMG_9683.jpg

Its not as tempermental as wine - just needs a fairly consistent temperature out of direct sunlight and store it upright so the corks arent destroyed by the spirit over time. Some people tip the bottles once every few months to keep the cork moist but I personally dont hold any store by that. If you really want to make sure you dont get oxidisation / evaporation just wrap the cork and bottle top in parafilm. 

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use