• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Price of Queens Beast Gold Coins

Pete

I was browsing for some 1 oz Queens Beasts in gold and stunned to see the latest prices for the earlier coins.
For example the Griffin over £2,700 now.
Almost impossible to find any dealers with inventory so how can they justify these prices ?
What do you reckon I could expect to receive if I wanted to sell a mint perfect Griffin ?
Spot maybe  - that would be a joke !!

I've been looking for a 1oz gold griffin for some time and not finding one. Are you willing to sell yours, Pete? I'm prepared to pay over the odds but not £2,700!

Regards, Bixley

6 hours ago, Pete said:

I was browsing for some 1 oz Queens Beasts in gold and stunned to see the latest prices for the earlier coins.
For example the Griffin over £2,700 now.
Almost impossible to find any dealers with inventory so how can they justify these prices ?
What do you reckon I could expect to receive if I wanted to sell a mint perfect Griffin ?
Spot maybe  - that would be a joke !!

You didn't say where you were browsing, or where you say these latest prices.

"For example the Griffin over £2,700 now."

ebay? There are always optimists, jokers, and rip-off merchants there.
"Almost impossible to find any dealers with inventory so how can they justify these prices ?"

If nobody has any inventory, that indicates a severe imbalance in supply/demand, which will almost guarantee high asking prices.

I don't think anyone will be trying to justify their prices, but there is no need to do so. Most people understand or accept the age-old well-known relationship between supply, demand and price.

"What do you reckon I could expect to receive if I wanted to sell a mint perfect Griffin ?
Spot maybe  - that would be a joke !!"

You could ask your own price, although bear in mind nobody is forced to pay it, and you would presumably want somewhere close to the going market value.

Similarly, if someone offered you spot, you would presumably decline the offer, keep your coin, or hold out for more.

£2700 sounds very cheap compared with the price of the two ounce gold Three Graces coins. 🙂

Chards

16 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

You didn't say where you were browsing, or where you say these latest prices.

"For example the Griffin over £2,700 now."

ebay? There are always optimists, jokers, and rip-off merchants there.

£2700 sounds very cheap compared with the price of the two ounce gold Three Graces coins. 🙂

Price reference - Two of your very well established and well known bullion dealers in Birmingham that I am sure you will know.
When each QB coin was minted it sold at a regular price of spot plus x% where x was in the zone 5 - 10%
Same with the silver 2 ounce coins at regular bullion prices or thereabouts.
As the series became more popular it attracted collectors who missed out on the first few coins so market forces kicked in and prices rose.
The silver Lion and Griffin climbed in price by 3-400% for example.
The same has happened with the gold so the asking price of a gold Griffin is now over 200% its fellow coins.

Very low in supply and still very high in demand 👍 The Royal Mint Bullion was only selling the latest releases when I last checked so looks like they stopped production long ago . Checking Atkinsons now and again they dont even have the latest designs in stock at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Very low in supply and still very high in demand 👍 The Royal Mint Bullion was only selling the latest releases when I last checked so looks like they stopped production long ago . Checking Atkinsons now and again they dont even have the latest designs in stock at the moment.

Yes, the earlier coins are now unavailable from the RM so supply will have to resort to the resale market.
I am sure there will be owners looking to sell sometime when they can make a profit or decide they cannot complete the set so might as well cash-in.
The problem is the dealers will try to make a killing and its pure chance that you will spot a coin for sale unless you are monitoring every dealer 12 hours a day.
I am seeking the Yale, White Lion and White Horse but those that I can find are ridiculously priced and I would rather just purchase a Britannia or other gold ounce at a reasonable price.

I'm a bit of a fan of the Queen's beast's set. Since we lost Prince Philip it makes you wonder how long we will have her majesty with us. When she doesn't depart this world I'd imagine that the prices may increase again.

I've been looking for a 1 Oz gold white horse of Hanover but can find one at a dealer anywhere for any price?

i bought a 1oz gold greyhound proof and i wil be honest for no more than speculation profit, not ashamed of it either 😁, however looks like i will have to wait for a gain on the purchase price which was high, as was the gold price when released. but i am fortunate to be able to hold on for it to have its time to increase,/demand  or to hold forever to pass on.

mmm 18 K for 1oz set , does that make my 1/4 oz proof set worth 4.5 K ?😁

dean.m

On 21/04/2021 at 17:48, AurumArgenti said:

I'm a bit of a fan of the Queen's beast's set. Since we lost Prince Philip it makes you wonder how long we will have her majesty with us. When she doesn't depart this world I'd imagine that the prices may increase again.

I've been looking for a 1 Oz gold white horse of Hanover but can find one at a dealer anywhere for any price?

Here you go - https://www.sharpspixley.com/buy-bullion/buy-gold/buy-coins?coin_type=20

6 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

How much are the 2016 Lion Of England 1oz gold Bullion coins selling for at the moment ? I still really like this beast design and the style of the shield .

If a dealer has one in stock £2000 plus. You just don't see them for sale anywhere nowadays.

Archived