• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Does anyone know when 2021 Rwandan nautical silver coin will be released?

Great series, i am pretty sure there are many who collects it.

I always buy couple of BU coins and try to get Proof by reasonable price.

As well, last year bought high relief antique issues, they look great.

Edited by ak74

I'm collecting this series too and wait for the next issue. The BU and Proof are really nice. But last years High Relief is a fantastic coin. In 3, but also in 1 OZ a great High Relief. Wondering if anyone likes this coins also. And i hope, they will continue the High Reliefs too. 

30 minutes ago, MuddyOfCoventry said:

So far I've just bought the standard silver versions, do you guys think those will also gain numismatic value over time?

Only if there come more of the High Reliefs. Until now there is not much interest. For me by far underrated, its a fabolous Relief, even on the small one. Really good Job by B.H.Mayer 

I could be wrong about this, but I seem to recall reading at some point (prior to the release of the first coin) that the 'Rwanda Nautical Ounce' series would be limited to a four-coin series only (both in BU and Proof versions):

2017: Santa Maria

2018: HMS Endeavour

2019: Victoria

2020: Mayflower

So, much as I've liked all of these designs to date, I wasn't actually expecting any further releases.

The 1oz and 3oz antique high relief versions of the Mayflower only, which I agree are very impressive, were intended as a kind of artistic 'final flourish' to coincide with the ship's 400th anniversary in 2020, I believe.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no to another release, if it does actually happen!

Regards,

NeutronJack

56 minutes ago, NeutronJack said:

I could be wrong about this, but I seem to recall reading at some point (prior to the release of the first coin) that the 'Rwanda Nautical Ounce' series would be limited to a four-coin series only

I think you are wrong indeed, maybe you read that about Australian Shipwreck series, the one with triangular coins. It was capped at 4 releases.

Screenshot.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, MuddyOfCoventry said:

Does anyone know if there was a 2022 release? I can't find anything and its a shame if they've stopped it. 

Unfortunately, indeed there was no 2022 release and no any information on the series future :( we may just hope they "missed" the 2022, but will make a 2023 release...

According to a German dealer, the new 2023 issue will be released in the middle of the year (BU, Proof & High Relief). But he could not give me a reason why there was no 2022 coins. 
Someone else from the German silver forum got the same statement from another dealer, let's just hope they know what they are telling us.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, MuddyOfCoventry said:

Same question as before,  anyone selling the above 2022 coin?

Maybe it's worth try placing "wanted" post in the buy/sell forum section