• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 13,000+ forum members.

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

On 22/05/2022 at 16:04, SidS said:

Treasure you say?

IMG_20220522_154719.jpg

@SidS - Lovely treasure selection there!  Very intrigued as to what specific coins you have there (I can see some W&M coins and a James II as well as Charles II, William III, Anne, Georges 1, 2 and 3.  Which are your favourites?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Stuntman said:

@SidS - Lovely treasure selection there!  Very intrigued as to what specific coins you have there (I can see some W&M coins and a James II as well as Charles II, William III, Anne, Georges 1, 2 and 3.  Which are your favourites?

I love the Charles II coins the most.

There's a good mixture of denominations, £12 11s face.

Charles, James and WM are a few examples of crowns, halfcrowns and shillings. I can't find any cheap, circulated sixpences.

William III, Anne and George II are crowns, halfcrowns, shillings and sixpences.

George I and III are just shillings and sixpences (the larger coins are way out of my price range for George I).

I've been buying them on and off for the past ten years. Most are G-VF grades. I quite like picking up bent coins which have been straightened. They can have great detail but are much cheaper.

Some are ex-mount, the odd one might have some subtle engraving or the odd counterstamp. One or two have been gilded and made to look like guineas.

The majority though are just honest, problem free coins which have been used.

The prices for these coins have exploded in recent years though. I doubt I could pick any of these up now for what I paid just five years ago.

I told you I sold off all my gold, well this was the stuff I was buying with the proceeds.

Playing the numismatic market a little.

I prefer these to sovereigns anyhow. I used to collect Early Milled sixpences by date, sold them years ago and missed them. Decided I wanted a more broad set, but I couldn't afford EFs.

Edited by SidS

• 3 months later...
Just now, EdwardTeach said:

After four months of saving (including two big bonuses) I finally managed to buy the last coin on Friday evening just minutes before they sold out. They mean a lot to me these ones because they’re the 2022 Jubilee edition Sovereigns and I bought the last one on the same day the Queen died. 😢

IMG_1664.JPG

Congrats mucker. Very nice collection and one for keeps. Impressive achievement. 

• 2 weeks later...