• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ditch the packaging?

Bigmarc

Hello. 

I've bought a few of these today for no other reason than that they were a bargain.

As lovely as they are I am desperate to rip the out of the envelopes, pop them in a capsule and add them to the pile. 

Have done it before with a few Brits, not sure if I regret it or not.

Any thoughts?

IMG_20210416_195421875.thumb.jpg.88a7e5d5592fdebfd76245acd63e83c3.jpg1908423095_IMG_20210416_1954589222.thumb.jpg.ef3263bd4d4efc55f816a7e557193e4d.jpg554788725_IMG_20210416_1954475322.thumb.jpg.507426dbd9f046e0487eda78db201111.jpg

Don't. Keep them in the packaging.
i know it is some old tat but keep it in the packaging - it takes nothing from the value and might possibly add to the value in the mind of a potential buyer.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Cheers chaps.

Will do. Ironically the fact they were in that packaging mixed in with other commemorative coins may be the reason they were missed. 

It could be true, i had to cut a britannia out of a package to put into my britanniacollection box but I checked the value out beforehand and it wasn't a boost..better to be in a first 50 britannia set then some tourist second grade holder.

Personally, I would keep in the packaging. Just easier to sell and is slightly unusual compared to the many raw coins that you see for sale.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Unfortunately keeping it in the packaging would be my advice too. I don't understand why people are willing to pay a premium for a bit of paper/cardboard but they will.

I keep all the packaging (and poinless COAs) in a cardboard box. If i should decide to start Ebaying some of my collection those pieces of paper will add 5-20% to the sale price....

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Unfortunately keeping it in the packaging would be my advice too. I don't understand why people are willing to pay a premium for a bit of paper/cardboard but they will.

I keep all the packaging (and poinless COAs) in a cardboard box. If i should decide to start Ebaying some of my collection those pieces of paper will add 5-20% to the sale price....

I keep mine but its a little more then a cardboard box full..lol...it can effect house insurance with afire risk of several boxes of boxes.

A pristine coin out of packaging is going to raise people's concerns as they will automatically suspect it to be fake if its to perfect. But yea I get the point I've got the same issue with some £20 and £50 coins but if putting up with a bit of paper and plastic helps sell them down the road 👍

I had a pile of these, ripped them out of the packaging and kept the coin and stamp. They take up too much space.

I have 3 folders of german Numisblatters. its annoying me how much space they use up so I am thinking of ripping them up too. The value is in the silver coin and stamps, everything else is just waste.

11 minutes ago, Silverscrooge said:

I had a pile of these, ripped them out of the packaging and kept the coin and stamp. They take up too much space.

I have 3 folders of german Numisblatters. its annoying me how much space they use up so I am thinking of ripping them up too. The value is in the silver coin and stamps, everything else is just waste.

Better to grade them then just throw away the packaging then its just coa youd have to keep.