• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PAMP Ruthenium bars

The way i see it ..... NO, though others might disagree.  To who and where will you sell it when you want to cash in your investment?  You are unlikely to make much profit selling back to your supplier and at the moment i don't seen much interest from collectors

The premium doesn't surprise me, since it's new and unusual. There's simply no way for anyone to assess its likely performance as an investment at this point because it's so new and there's no track record or data to refer to.

That said, ruthenium will surely never be a widespread, common precious metal in bullion form. This is a market that is already somewhat small, with gold and silver firmly established as the core precious metals / "monetary metals". Platinum is a distant third, and palladium a distant fourth that is far, far behind platinum. There isn't really any room for displacement of gold and silver, since a different metal wouldn't do anything different or better than gold and silver – it's not like there's room for meaningful innovation here. The metals are just stores of value, inert chunks, and the cultural place of gold and silver isn't going to give way to any other metals.

Ruthenium is a platinum group metal, one of six including iridium, osmium, palladium, platinum, and rhodium. I've seen rhodium bullion every now and then, but this is the first I've heard of ruthenium bullion. It makes sense that they would try other platinum group metals, but the long-term interest is unclear. It's definitely not a short-term play given how hard it will be to sell, so if you buy them you should plan to keep them for years, after which it might be easier to sell them.

StackSellRepeat took the plunge

As mentioned by Bimetallic this a long, very long term investment not a quick flip.

I remember seen in 2019 Degussa ruthenium minted bars, not sure if they sell them at his moment. 

Archived