• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 1oz silver coins

Fifsilver

Hi, I'm new to this site and I would like to buy some Silver 1oz Britannia coins. I am looking for 2014,2015 and 2017. Thanks in advance.

Like I said I'm new so I am not sure if this is where I would post to ask. Any information would be helpful.

I've tried to have a look round but it seems a premium membership would be better but I'm just testing it out first to see how it all works. Thanks.

Hi you'd need to be looking in the trade section for your area I. E. UK, Europe, America ect. from my experience paid membership even the basic one pays for its self every month for instance their is currently 2 100oz silver bars for 2160 works out at £21.60 per oz their are sovs galore starting from 310 for bog standard bullion grade but these sorts of deals don't generally last the 3 days before getting snapped up as for Britannia's I couldn't say I have maybe 3 1ozer's 🤷‍♂️ prefer silver krugs. My suggestion have a poke around for a few days you could always put a wanted add up in the trade section with what your looking for and price your willing to pay 

I'd second Robda's comment there in the sense that a premium membership is very beneficial if you are looking to buy (and sell) on the forum. The good deals here get snapped up quickly, I've genuinely seen some of the good deals here being completed within 1-2 hours. I started off with a silver membership few months back and in my opinion, that's when the ''full'' potential of the forum is unlocked. 8 EUR (6 or 7 GBP) is definitely worth it for me.

You could always post a wanted topic in the buy section for the UK trading area: https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/13-united-kingdom-ungraded/

Good practice if you mention apart from the coins you're looking for, the type of payment you are willing to make (Bank transfer, Paypal F&F) and a base price that you are willing to pay for it.

Best of luck with that!

5 hours ago, Fifsilver said:

Hi, I'm new to this site and I would like to buy some Silver 1oz Britannia coins. I am looking for 2014,2015 and 2017. Thanks in advance.

I've got a couple of spare silver 1 oz Brit 2014.
Checking around it looks as if you would be paying around £40 plus shipping but that's if you can find a dealer having any in stock.
I would ask £34 plus postage at cost and at your risk.
PM if interested.

Hello Fifsilver,

Shame you didn’t ask sooner. Just sold some loose 2017’s 1oz  Silver Brits for £28 per coin fresh from the tube. I’m clearing out a lot of loose dates, so i’ll probably be listing a few more around the same price, as I’m only sticking to tubes in storage going forward.

Will send you a pic tomorrow if I do.

1 hour ago, ZigZag said:

Hello Fifsilver,

Shame you didn’t ask sooner. Just sold some loose 2017’s 1oz  Silver Brits for £28 per coin fresh from the tube. I’m clearing out a lot of loose dates, so i’ll probably be listing a few more around the same price, as I’m only sticking to tubes in storage going forward.

Will send you a pic tomorrow if I do.

Hi, it's actually 2016 I need not 2017, my mistake. So just to be clear it's 2014,2015 and 2016. 

Yeah that would be great if you could let me know when your posting.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Pete said:

I've got a couple of spare silver 1 oz Brit 2014.
Checking around it looks as if you would be paying around £40 plus shipping but that's if you can find a dealer having any in stock.
I would ask £34 plus postage at cost and at your risk.
PM if interested.

Hi, thanks for the offer but I'm not really looking to pay that much. Thanks for letting me know though. 

11 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

Hi you'd need to be looking in the trade section for your area I. E. UK, Europe, America ect. from my experience paid membership even the basic one pays for its self every month for instance their is currently 2 100oz silver bars for 2160 works out at £21.60 per oz their are sovs galore starting from 310 for bog standard bullion grade but these sorts of deals don't generally last the 3 days before getting snapped up as for Britannia's I couldn't say I have maybe 3 1ozer's 🤷‍♂️ prefer silver krugs. My suggestion have a poke around for a few days you could always put a wanted add up in the trade section with what your looking for and price your willing to pay 

Thanks for the information it's much appreciated and yeah I will just try to get used to everything before applying for membership. I also have silver Krugerrands but because I've only been collecting them since last October I am looking to different years, so I have them all once. I do have others but I'm wondering which to start collecting next. I've looked at the Germania coins which look nice but so far all of my are British minted at the Royal mint except one other I have.

I'm an oddball collector with krugs check the diamond on the top of the coin alot of fakes I've seen have a blob or a semi circle silver krug were minted from 2017 I just grab them as and when they come up at a reasonable price 

3 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

I'm an oddball collector with krugs check the diamond on the top of the coin alot of fakes I've seen have a blob or a semi circle silver krug were minted from 2017 I just grab them as and when they come up at a reasonable price 

Oh yeah I've just checked and never noticed them really before. All mine look good but that's great to know for future reference. Cheers.

Archived