• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NGC Graded Coins in Registry Sets

trozau

5 hours ago, trozau said:

For those who have and collect NGC graded coins, do you have them entered in the NGC Registry Set collections. The few slabbed coins in my collection are. Below is a link and anybody is welcome to check them out...

trozau’s NGC Registry links

what is that mean at the end of your set name  "AAM""DAM"?

I have a couple of custom sets but I keep forgetting to maintain them so they usually get updated before the end of each year when I get the email about the awards so I check my standard and current sets are in order.

2 hours ago, JJH said:

what is that mean at the end of your set name  "AAM""DAM"?

AAM & DMA are my daughter’s & son’s initials to whom the collection goes to.

1 hour ago, terakris said:

I have a couple of custom sets but I keep forgetting to maintain them so they usually get updated before the end of each year when I get the email about the awards so I check my standard and current sets are in order.

Care to share a link to your registry entries? 

3 hours ago, JJH said:

I dont use it ,what other function does registry have or does it just display a list of favorites?

As terakris mentioned, NGC (annually) recognizes and give awards to the outstanding collections in the NGC Registry.

• 2 months later...
On 07/04/2021 at 22:08, JJH said:

I dont use it ,what other function does registry have or does it just display a list of favorites?

One function is to recognize the legitimacy of a slabbed coin.  For example, fraudsters pump out slabbed coins with fake NGC registration numbers.   By going online and checking the NGC registry, you will be able to determine if the slabbed coin you bought is legitimate or fake.  if the slabbed sticker matches the description on the registry, you will have peace of mind that all is well.  

On a side note, I have 2 slabs on NGC registry (one of which I have posted on the silver sub-forum regarding my 2021 super incuse silver maple leaf).  

Edited by SilverStorm

• 3 weeks later...

@StackemHigh So any coin you own you can type it in. The only problem you might have is some people don’t delist coins that they have sold.

Example. Someone slabs a three graces PF70. Then adds it to their set.

You then buy it from them. They need to remove it from their list so you can add it. 

1 hour ago, StackemHigh said:

Can i use this registry for all my slabbed coins or do i have to be the one getting them slabbed to be included?

I believe (but not 100% sure) you can only use the NGC registry for NGC slabbed coins.  If you have slabbed coins from PCGS, you can't upload to the NGC registry.

Edited by SilverStorm

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

@StackemHigh So any coin you own you can type it in. The only problem you might have is some people don’t delist coins that they have sold.

Example. Someone slabs a three graces PF70. Then adds it to their set.

You then buy it from them. They need to remove it from their list so you can add it. 

This is true.  But the NGC FAQ also says this: 

What happens if I register a coin that is already registered to another member?

When a coin entered in the NGC Registry is already registered to another member, an email is automatically sent to the member who originally registered the coin to request that they release it from their set. The entry remains pending until the original member either confirms or denies the release. If the original member does not respond within three business days, the coin will automatically be registered to the new member and an email will be sent to both parties confirming the transfer.

Link: NGC Registry FAQs - NGC Registry FAQs | NGC (ngccoin.com)

• 4 months later...

An update on my NGC registry sets:

https://www.ngccoin.uk/registry/competitive-sets/342599/ - This is my QB set not sure if I want to try finish it now but if I do I will just buy them graded.

https://www.ngccoin.uk/registry/competitive-sets/342601/ - My next challenge. 1979 PF70 is the aim next and then a 1911 Proof in hopefully a 66.