• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

European mint shipping uk

Im at the point where im ready to confirm my order from european mint but i really dont understand how to get it shipped to the uk just says schedule own shipping but doesnt say how and dont want to confirm without knowing whos shipping it 

Many thanks

https://www.capitallogistics.eu/

This is the courier company I use - you can contact them on info@capitallogistics.eu

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

23 hours ago, Silversurfer999 said:

Im at the point where im ready to confirm my order from european mint but i really dont understand how to get it shipped to the uk just says schedule own shipping but doesnt say how and dont want to confirm without knowing whos shipping it 

Many thanks

How did the process go. Did you end up buying from European mint. 

If it is not too late you ought to run through the costs and charges.
Work out the sterling equivalent for your order.
Add the Capital Logistics shipping which is generally a bit higher than most but you may not have a choice.
I've had goods shipped from C.L. by air which was quick but also by road which took weeks but I didn't have a choice at the time.

Then you need to add 20% UK VAT plus a fee to the courier ( unknown ) but this could be around £10 or maybe more - sorry I don't know.

You may ??? discover that what you end up paying is very similar to UK prices so is it worth it ?

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

If it is not too late you ought to run through the costs and charges.
Work out the sterling equivalent for your order.
Add the Capital Logistics shipping which is generally a bit higher than most but you may not have a choice.
I've had goods shipped from C.L. by air which was quick but also by road which took weeks but I didn't have a choice at the time.

Then you need to add 20% UK VAT plus a fee to the courier ( unknown ) but this could be around £10 or maybe more - sorry I don't know.

You may ??? discover that what you end up paying is very similar to UK prices so is it worth it ?

I have just purchased some goods from European mint. I contacted them about shipping. Someone called Janne Kalda contacted  me and said regular post would be appropriate for me. The weight is 10oz plus package weight. 35 euro plus the 20% VAT.

Is this normal for European mint/Capital Logistics to use  regular post.

I asked about insurance of goods. She said all insurance is included,

Hi,

I have an order on the way from EM. It works out at £1 per coin for delivery. 50oz = €60 using capital logistics.. 

Anything between 1-2kg = €60

Under 1kg around €35

EM charge €15 handling fee but if you email them & ask for some discount they normally give you €15. 

22 hours ago, Colnago said:

Hi,

I have an order on the way from EM.

Just to be sure, VAT on shipping is directly charged by Capital Logistics. But VAT on the silver will be charged when it enters the country by the courier, correct?

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

34 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

Just to be sure, VAT on shipping is directly charged by Capital Logistics. But VAT on the silver will be charged when it enters the country by the courier, correct?

The answer I received was. If I choose courier service by CL, there is 100% vat will be applied. If I choose regular post delivery. It could slip through without the charge. 

Either way up to 500g outside Europe, delivery is 35 euro.

No vat added on the invoice for delivery.

Edited by Groundup

What other collection methods are available apart from CL? How do I choose/organise and pay for regular post instead? IF there's a chance the package could slip through customs I feel like taking it haha

6 minutes ago, Groundup said:

The answer I received was. If I choose courier service by CL, there is 100% vat will be applied. If I choose regular post delivery. It could slip through without the charge. 

Either way up to 500g outside Europe, delivery is 35 euro.

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

33 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

Sorry folks, i'm based in Northern Ireland so the VAT does not apply at the moment

12 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

What other collection methods are available apart from CL? How do I choose/organise and pay for regular post instead? IF there's a chance the package could slip through customs I feel like taking it haha

Just email CL with order number or European mint with order number they will advise. Because mine was only 10oz a nice person called Janne explained that I could choose courier or post. Post is slower but as above. Courier is quicker but 100% vat charged.

I'm not holding my breath that my items will pass through border and not get pinged. They are in pre- sale so I'm not bothered about time lines.

As far as payment I use transfer wise. Now called WISE.

Edited by Groundup