• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Mandalorian Beskar CoinBar

daca

13 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I thinked they come from the New Zealand Mint. But no matter which mint, this is an APMEX exclusive "from" Niue, so the mint didn't had to hold some back in Australia / NZ. 

The funny thing was, I never did see these on the New Zealand Mint site (I was expecting they would be there), just APMex and EurpeanMint.  I thought New Zealand Mint had all of the Niue and Star Wars stuff.

14 minutes ago, Groundup said:

Apmex eBay have some left.

Interesting, they are being listed at $715, but so far I have not seen any move to sold.

Edited by SirBill

2 minutes ago, SirBill said:

I have to admit, I was so excited for silver Beskar I also went and ordered a custom Beskar pour from this guy - it will be interesting to compare with the 10oz Niue:

https://www.jaysilverbull.com/product-page/copy-of-beskar-bar

That's pretty cool be sure to post some comparisons/pictures when your product arrives.

Now I wish I had bought more than one 10oz beskar from apmex

14 minutes ago, SirBill said:

Interesting, they are being listed at $715, but so far I have not seen any move to sold.

Now sold out on Apmex eBay last two sold since my post.

There was 10 originally.

Edited by Groundup

Have a case full of 10 oz bars - never paid a premium on any of them.

I don’t understand the willingness to pay such large premiums for a bullion bar, even a pretty one.

They’ll be the same price as all the others in 5 years time.

However, each to their own and perhaps I can now sell my case full at £35/oz!

8 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Have a case full of 10 oz bars - never paid a premium on any of them.

I don’t understand the willingness to pay such large premiums for a bullion bar, even a pretty one.

They’ll be the same price as all the others in 5 years time.

However, each to their own and perhaps I can now sell my case full at £35/oz!

The 10oz bars are limited to 1000, in five years time they will probably be at the spot price + $400.  They are already selling for $715+ for each 10oz on eBay...  I think you underestimate the power of Star Wars collectables mixed with precious metal.

It says quite a bit that each site with an allocation of 100 sells out in less than a day, even with APMex selling the last few bars at $600.  

Plus, they are just darn cool!  And will be easier to sell than some generic bar later on.

I get that many collectors are hyper-focused on getting silver at the absolute lowest price per ounce, that strategy makes a lot of sense.  But I think there's also a place for a strategy where you are collecting cons desirable enough that selling later you may not only make back the higher premium, but quite a bit more... see: Queen's Beast series.  

Edited by SirBill

34 minutes ago, SirBill said:

The 10oz bars are limited to 1000, in five years time they will probably be at the spot price + $400.  They are already selling for $715+ for each 10oz on eBay...  I think you underestimate the power of Star Wars collectables mixed with precious metal.

It says quite a bit that each site with an allocation of 100 sells out in less than a day, even with APMex selling the last few bars at $600.  

Plus, they are just darn cool!  And will be easier to sell than some generic bar later on.

I get that many collectors are hyper-focused on getting silver at the absolute lowest price per ounce, that strategy makes a lot of sense.  But I think there's also a place for a strategy where you are collecting cons desirable enough that selling later you may not only make back the higher premium, but quite a bit more... see: Queen's Beast series.  

I agree that there’s a place for collector pieces and I’ve been playing that game for many years - I just don’t see 10 oz bars, regardless of mintage, as part of that scene. With the exception of older Engelhard & JM stuff, no bars maintain significant premium long term.

APMex stock check - 3133 1oz Beskar remain in stock.  I think possibly each bullion dealer gets 100 10oz, and 5000 1oz, so I still think we'll see these pop up at other dealers, probably with a slightly lower premium than APMex.

1oz Beskar on ApMex now set to "AlertMe", when I checked early this morning it was down to around 650 or so I think... I wonder if that means they are getting more in.

The APMex 10oz Beskar page still just says "Sold Out", so not sure if they are getting any more of those.

The EMK page is still in "coming soon" with a very smart release date of 5/4/2021...  now I am thinking any other place that had plans to sell these is releasing on May 4th also, which would make a ton of sense.

Also the more I look at it the more I am sure the NZMint site will have some of these, if you look at the top of the box of 300 on APMex it has a big "NZM" strap over the top of it.

Edited by SirBill

When I checked yesterday their stock of the 1oz bars fluctuated several times throughout the day I'm sure as they sell them to other mints in bulk they update their own stock when they open another monster box I imagine the monster boxes come on a pallet or in their own monster box probably 10x monster box so 3k at a time. Yesterday I saw them go from 3100+ down to the few hundreds several times throughout the day.

I do not expect their to be any more 10oz bars released from apmex as their were only 1k total and I'm sure half went to other mints worldwide and apmex sold the others themselves. They may have vaulted a few to be released possibly on may 4th or maybe sometime later this year at a high premium. But I dont think there is a restock on these coming. 1k is a very small amount especially when other mints have them as a listing as well.

2 hours ago, dikefalos said:

EMK prices the 10 OZ for 795€, the 1 OZ for 40. Maybe this is real Beskar and no silver.

Pretty bold pricing by EMK. It was 348 Euros on EuropeanMint a couple of days ago, then 377, then 423, then 473 Euros when they had 2 left.

Still a 

10 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

Pretty bold pricing by EMK. It was 348 Euros on EuropeanMint a couple of days ago, then 377, then 423, then 473 Euros when they had 2 left.

795 EU / $946 USD is around what they are going for on eBay (highest sold price $900 USD), and I've just seen one listed for $1183 USD.

Maybe some people are pricing in that $100 silver spot price we have coming. 😀

1 minute ago, StevenDS said:

Muenzdachs still has 2 left for €649.

https://www.muenzdachs.de/epages/63784639.sf/secc49c728a91/?

I just bought the last 3x 10 oz from Silbertrezor for €570 each. Best pricing I could find atm.

Great price at 570EU, I am kicking myself for not buying the last few from APMex even at $600... at least I got a few before that.  I still was planning to look around May 4th and see If any dealers release a few more that day.

28 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

Muenzdachs still has 2 left for €649.

https://www.muenzdachs.de/epages/63784639.sf/secc49c728a91/?

I just bought the last 3x 10 oz from Silbertrezor for €570 each. Best pricing I could find atm.

Silbertresor has 5 for 599€. They sold the first for 469/499€ yesterday.

https://www.silbertresor.de/product_info.php?info=p9203_Niue---20-NZD-Star-Wars--Mandalorian-Beskar-Bar---10-Oz-Silber.html

Only one dealer, aurinum, in germany had a fair prizing with 358€. 

I stoped waiting for good offers in germany. Every interesting coin comes almost every time with premiums like for the 10 OZ Beskar. But they still sell, and sell, and sell....   

5 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Silbertresor has 5 for 599€. They sold the first for 469/499€ yesterday.

https://www.silbertresor.de/product_info.php?info=p9203_Niue---20-NZD-Star-Wars--Mandalorian-Beskar-Bar---10-Oz-Silber.html

Only one dealer, aurinum, in germany had a fair prizing with 358€. 

I stoped waiting for good offers in germany. Every interesting coin comes almost every time with premiums like for the 10 OZ Beskar. But they still sell, and sell, and sell....   

So Silvertrezor is selling them in batches of 3, increasing price whenever the sell out.

1 minute ago, StevenDS said:

So Silvertrezor is selling them in batches of 3, increasing price whenever the sell out.

First batch was six for 469€, then raised to 11 for 499, and now 5 for 599. Münzdachs came out with 649 and EMK will sell it for 795. Thanks for having the EuropeanMint.