• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Mandalorian Beskar CoinBar

daca

1 minute ago, Groundup said:

I can't get my head round the fact people are paying these prices and there is no fancy packaging/displaybox.

Popular series, only licensed version of it and limited mintage of 1.000. Many will try to flip it short term. Others will keep it until season 3 is being released next year.

It seems like a good bet if you can get at 'reasonable' price. Time will tell what 'reasonable' is.

57 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

Popular series, only licensed version of it and limited mintage of 1.000. Many will try to flip it short term. Others will keep it until season 3 is being released next year.

It seems like a good bet if you can get at 'reasonable' price. Time will tell what 'reasonable' is.

Thanks to daca posting this thread 👍, I ordered one early. 348.35. TBH i usually get 2+ to flip some but I didn't this time. Sods law I didn't and it's looking like a good buy.

Let's see where the price is on release.

I was fortunate to get it for $468 for the 10oz only bought one for my personal collection but I was debating even paying that much but I really liked the design and I am a fan of the tv show so thought why not.

Then i was glad i did when i saw the price jump several times throughout the day. I bought about 30 of the 1oz bars I'm keeping a tube and giving the rest as birthday gifts for my nephews they love star wars and will enjoy these.

4 hours ago, Justjoshinya said:

I was fortunate to get it for $468 for the 10oz only bought one for my personal collection but I was debating even paying that much but I really liked the design and I am a fan of the tv show so thought why not.

Then i was glad i did when i saw the price jump several times throughout the day. I bought about 30 of the 1oz bars I'm keeping a tube and giving the rest as birthday gifts for my nephews they love star wars and will enjoy these.

Yeah I got mine for around the same, I was really debating it as that was already pretty expensive, but like you it's for my own collection and enjoying, was pretty happy I got it now that I see how hard it is to get anymore.  Also super glad I picked up some of the 1oz as well while they were still around, I was debating getting even more when the sale just shut down.  Didn't think even the 1oz would be gone in a day! (APMex).

On 09/04/2021 at 23:10, dikefalos said:

First batch was six for 469€, then raised to 11 for 499, and now 5 for 599. Münzdachs came out with 649 and EMK will sell it for 795. Thanks for having the EuropeanMint. 

Silbertrezor at €699 now.

Munzdachs last one at €679.

Edited by StevenDS

1 hour ago, StevenDS said:

Silbertrezor at €699 now.

Munzdachs last one at €679.

Kraatz Edelmetalle now for €649,95 

https://kraatz-edelmetalle.de/star-wars/972-1-x-1-oz-silberaustralien-pinguin.html

Had LPM the 10 OZ, or it's still just offline?

https://www.lpm.hk/2021-10-oz-niue-star-wars-beskar-bar-999-silver-coin.html

9 minutes ago, FoolzGold said:

For 795€ you could buy 2 10oz Queen's Beasts White Horse coins (309 each at GSBe) and have 177€ left over to buy another 5oz or so of bullion silver coins. Will those 25oz of silver be worth more than the 10oz Beskar coin-bar in a couple of years? Who knows?

It's clear this current pricing of the Beskar is speculating on the collectability of an official star wars licensed product with limited mintage of 1.000 pieces and only official PM version rather than silver content.

A Pokemon or Dragon Ball trading card also far exceeds the worth of the paper it's printed on. At least percentage wise the underlying value of silver in the Beskar bar is higher then the paper in the Pokemon/DBZ card. 😉

4 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

There are plenty who have done that, just google it. Even with the symbol. 

It's so obvious really, isn't it?

My friend is the cheapest silver pourer in the UK I think but he won't touch copyright stuff. All I'd have to do is have it stamped after delivery :)

3 hours ago, StevenDS said:

It's clear this current pricing of the Beskar is speculating on the collectability of an official star wars licensed product with limited mintage of 1.000 pieces and only official PM version rather than silver content.

A Pokemon or Dragon Ball trading card also far exceeds the worth of the paper it's printed on. At least percentage wise the underlying value of silver in the Beskar bar is higher then the paper in the Pokemon/DBZ card. 😉

If i see something like this

i'm not surprised, that not much people own or even know about silver. But this Pokemon and Dragonball Card game seems to is much more known than the silver market. I think under 500€ everybody did a good buy.  

Edited by dikefalos

40 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

If i see something like this

i'm not surprised, that not much people own or even know about silver. But this Pokemon and Dragonball Card game seems to is much more known than the silver market. I think under 500€ everybody did a good buy.  

I don't get this... This guy spends all day making out them peeps are fools for not buying the silver off him. Then he goes to the coin shop and sells it for sh*t fiat. He's as thick as them.

1 hour ago, Groundup said:

I don't get this... This guy spends all day making out them peeps are fools for not buying the silver off him. Then he goes to the coin shop and sells it for sh*t fiat. He's as thick as them.

The Video is couple of years old but still...

GSBe has them in now at 740 Euros:

https://goldsilver.be/en/miscellaneous/3847-niue-10-oz-silver-star-wars-mandalorian-bar-2021-20.html

Interesting question: If you buy one of the 10oz bars for 740 Euros today, or 21 of the 1oz bars for the same money, which will be worth more in 2 years' time? Who can say, but personally I'd be tempted to go the 1oz route.

2 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

GSBe has them in now at 740 Euros:

https://goldsilver.be/en/miscellaneous/3847-niue-10-oz-silver-star-wars-mandalorian-bar-2021-20.html

Interesting question: If you buy one of the 10oz bars for 740 Euros today, or 21 of the 1oz bars for the same money, which will be worth more in 2 years' time? Who can say, but personally I'd be tempted to go the 1oz route.

As a collector and, thanks to my kids, a fan of the series i must say, the 1 OZ is really boring. Maybe i antique them by myself. The 10 OZ is imo an absolute must. Sad to see this ridiculous premiums allready at presale. Would love a 1 Kilo Version, but not with this premiums

On 12/04/2021 at 19:55, Groundup said:

I'm pretty sure he didn't sell them. It's all clickbait. Every time I show people I know a pretty single oz silver coin and ask them how much they think it's worth they're blown away by how cheap pure silver is.

He's just taking advantage of people's natural instinct to refuse a deal 'too good to be true' on the street from a stranger.

I believe one of two things will happen.

A: since the coins/bars are struck 2021, they will release again in 2022 another round of 1oz and 10oz beskar coin bars. This would not alter their "limited mintage" 

Or

B: they will do a one off run and do 2oz and 1kilo coin bar runs on the next run. This also would not alter their "limited mintage" 

From a business standpoint it makes more economic sense to do another 1oz/10oz run in 2022 which will negatively affect a "collectors" view point of the beskar run.

From a collector's standpoint we hope they do another run but in different "denominations" of 2oz and 1kilo as this will positively affect our holdings on the original run. Only time will tell. 

I guess there is option C they dont do anymore runs of the beskar and this will be a double positive from a collector's standpoint. We shall see. All I know is "this is the way"

Edited by Justjoshinya

Just got an email from APMEX these bars were supposed to ship on 4/20/2021 now they are on a slight delay from the mint and have a new ship date of 5/7/2021 any delays from the European suppliers? Was anxious to get these and post some picks and reviews and 4 of the 1oz bars were going to my nephews for birthday presents now I gotta send the I.O.Us

4 hours ago, Justjoshinya said:

Just got an email from APMEX these bars were supposed to ship on 4/20/2021 now they are on a slight delay from the mint and have a new ship date of 5/7/2021 any delays from the European suppliers? Was anxious to get these and post some picks and reviews and 4 of the 1oz bars were going to my nephews for birthday presents now I gotta send the I.O.Us

No, but they all buy them from APMEX, so they will come also delayed.