• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New-silver-bie

Hyperion

On 15/04/2021 at 14:24, ScentSationCandles said:

Every writer knows, it's not the first draft; it's all the drafts afterward. But listen to me. I spent less than two hours making edits on a whole 14k word document, of which I sent you about 20% of.

In order to break the mold, the manuscript has to be just familiar enough territory to be accepted. The editors need the map to be familiar enough to know where they're going before you can get them lost in it.

Especially since this is your first major work of fiction, you may want to wait till the whole series is complete. I know that will make for a long wait, but it will also give you the opportunity for another rewrite of a previous book after each current book is complete, which would also guarantee no reader will have to wait as long as those reading A Song of Ice and Fire. I think I read A Game of Thrones back in 2003. It's like, come on already!

PS. Reading aloud helps with editing too.

Apologize for the delay...I couldn’t access the website :) 

well you are definitely way faster than me in editing lol....I needed to review my manuscript probably 20 times, over and over with my girlfriend, every time wondering/debating/considering ...trying to arrive to the most suitable version of it...
it took a loooot of time...she was of great help since my English is far from perfection...the entire book was my first attempt of making a full book in English, so she had quite an hard time understanding and proofreading mannny times every single page ...

you definitely have a point and I’m sure you’re right...and as my girlfriend say I can take advantage to improve my writing skills and possibly writing something better in the second and third one.
I know many “speed writers” complete books in weeks/months...but I’m more oriented on researches and doing my best to have it bullet proof in terms of logic/logistic and history...since I’m definitely not Socrates, I need to dedicate quite a considerable amount of time in the process lol

I completed some drafts for 3 other books: different topic and genre and several short stories etc...it’s good training and maybe they’ll be more “commercial” and interesting to a broader audience (my main/ first is a historical fantasy suitable since a middle grade age...and I discovered its quite a broad and crowded genre eheh)

21 hours ago, Hyperion said:

well you are definitely way faster than me in editing lol....I needed to review my manuscript probably 20 times, over and over with my girlfriend, every time wondering/debating/considering ...trying to arrive to the most suitable version of it...

The more you improve, the less editing you will need to do, but as you are learning it just won't seem like it.

since I’m definitely not Socrates, I need to dedicate quite a considerable amount of time in the process lol

You don't need to be. Focus on who you are and your strengths and continue doing what you described. You'll get there, maybe even a bit easier if you leven your humility and listening skills that you already clearly have with a bit more confidence. You can only be you, even if it can always be a better version of you.

I completed some drafts for 3 other books: different topic and genre and several short stories etc...

George R R Martin recommends starting with short stories to hone one's craft. Of course short stories and novels are entirely different animals.

(my main/ first is a historical fantasy suitable since a middle grade age...and I discovered its quite a broad and crowded genre eheh)

Very much so and while there is a market, they tend overall to sell about 30% as well as the adult market.

When I emailed you, I was actually referring to your question about silver.

Apologize for the delay...I couldn’t access the website :) 

No problems, man. You're good.

Have you devised your own magic system?

Archived