• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Celebrating 150 years of the Royal Albert Hall 23/3/2021

• NewCoins changed the title to Celebrating 150 years of the Royal Albert Hall 23/3/2021
1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

Looks like a new coin is on sale 9am today at the Royal Mint. Can't find any designs or mintages anywhere, least not easily.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/royal-albert-hall/

Thanks so much. I always miss new releases even though i am signed up for the Royal Mint email. Get hundreds of emails a day so not surprising. lol which I got saw a message like this on the forum on the day of the release of the Una and the Lion or the 3 Graces. :)

Well the design is not my favourite... doesn't really capture, to me, what the Albert Hall is... looks more like the Mayor of London's office

Edited by Rll1288

4 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Well the design is not my favourite... doesn't really capture, to me, what the Albert Hall is... looks more like the Mayor of London's office

Yes the silver is sterling too not .999. Those coins are never the greatest investment I have noticed. I may get one of the 2oz just as rather limited. 

4 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

Wow it looks like a Terrys chocolate orange 😀

The gold version sold out super fast!

Is there any particular reason why they used sterling silver and 22ct gold for this one and not fine silver/gold?

I think the gold version is still available - if anyone wants it.

With my poor eyesight it looks like a cricket ball!

For some reason they have chopped off the wings of the Albert Hall, and I am not sure that concentrating on its roof is its best feature.

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I think the gold version is still available - if anyone wants it.

With my poor eyesight it looks like a cricket ball!

For some reason they have chopped off the wings of the Albert Hall, and I am not sure that concentrating on its roof is its best feature.

The CC have a domed version of the coin (which I must have missed) hence the focus on its roundness.

https://www.thecoinconnection.co.uk/product-category/2021-royal-albert-hall/?utm_source=The+Coin+Connection+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=842ff41128-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_18_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_10bae54d00-842ff41128-246697941&ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_6_11_2018_0_3_COPY_01)&mc_cid=842ff41128&mc_eid=27192fc376

52 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

Wow it looks like a Terrys chocolate orange 😀

The gold version sold out super fast!

Is there any particular reason why they used sterling silver and 22ct gold for this one and not fine silver/gold?

gold is still available, has said awaiting stock since they listed it 

1 minute ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

gold is still available, has said awaiting stock since they listed it 

When I looked at it 30 mins ago it was saying "No Longer Available", just the Royal Mint fiddling about with their website.

I think I would have preferred the ground level view instead of the birds eye view but if they're trying out a 3D type of domed coin the photo's they have used don't look like they're do the coin justice.

2 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

When I looked at it 30 mins ago it was saying "No Longer Available", just the Royal Mint fiddling about with their website.

I think I would have preferred the ground level view instead of the birds eye view but if they're trying out a 3D type of domed coin the photo's they have used don't look like they're do the coin justice.

yeah they were doing some funny stuff to it earlier, it's a shame it's not a nice release, I was actually early today 😂

Yes, it was amazing how quickly it sold out especially when no one knew in advance of the release. I quite like the design and the domed version will most probably look stunning in hand. I am tempted to buy the gold and silver versions when they are released. 

The domed version looks like a better buy although around £100 more, release has been delayed a couple of months due to production issues.

Is this the first domed coin produced by the Royal Mint?

Coin connection sold out but managed to pre order one from Paul Davies instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2021 at 09:49, Chrisplym said:

Does anyone know why the standard version of the gold coin sold out so quickly? Is it because the design was just liked by collectors?

Low mintage. 

BTW, the domed versions are all on sale now, I got myself a silver proof. Comes in a nice premium box, and the coin looks great. The pictures don't do it justice. And being domed it's something different and unique. First RM domed coin.