• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Complete Kook Collection?

dicker

I have the full 1 oz Bu Kook set - was fun putting it together one by one in 2014-2017 , now just ticking over with each new year.  Must admit I don't have a nice box like that one @5huggy has ! I do collect the annual Perth swan series now as well, as they have great designs as well.  

• 2 weeks later...

1 oz Silver Kooks are the one date run I was determined to finish. Once I’d got 2 sets nothing else has been as much fun, I Just they are so pretty in variations to any other series. Really don’t know what to challenge myself on next in the Kookaburra’s; whatever it is I’d have to get 2 sets 🤔

I'm useless at sets, I've started many and not finished a single one 🤣 :(

A Kook set is very achievable, it just requires a fair bit of work and a lot of patience to get them at the right prices.

I 'cheated' and bought the P20 set as it came up at a good price on here. I think I've got all the other issues since (many duplicates in some cases).

Anything you need from the later years (post-P20) @dicker ? <edit> Looking at the trade listings it seems like there is a lot available!

Love a good Kook thread :)

Edited by kimchi

Hi @kimchi

I have been slowly collecting over the years but am a long way off of a full set.

I have to make a visit to the vault at some point and will look at my list!

Many thanks

Dicker 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

26 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi @kimchi

I have been slowly collecting over the years but am a long way off of a full set.

I have to make a visit to the vault at some point and will look at my list!

Many thanks

Dicker 

I assume you have the most recent years (2015+) and apart from that (and some privies) only have the 2007s out of storage I think atm, let me know if you need one :)

• 1 month later...

I've recently completed the Perth 1991-2005 2 oz Kook proof set. I also completed the 1992-2009 oz BU set. Well I say "completed" but I'm still waiting for the arrival of the 1995-96 BU coins to arrive in the mail next week. I honestly hoped, but never thought I would complete the 2 oz proof set, much less the BU version. I'm glad I was able to make it happen as I don't know how much longer some of these coins will remain on the market or as easily available given the current climate we live in. I would like to collect both the proof and BU 1 oz versions but I don't know if I will be able to make that happen at this point. We'll see.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2021 at 08:26, ZigZag said:

1 oz Silver Kooks are the one date run I was determined to finish. Once I’d got 2 sets nothing else has been as much fun, I Just they are so pretty in variations to any other series. Really don’t know what to challenge myself on next in the Kookaburra’s; whatever it is I’d have to get 2 sets 🤔

Make life hard for yourself & try assemble a Panda set!