• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1oz Silver Robin Hood by RM

SilverJacks

These caught my eye today. I assume they are new release. Personally, I think they are cool and are first in the series

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/silver-coins/robin-hood-2021-1oz-silver-bullion-coin/

What do you think of the price? Will they do well? Can you find them cheaper?

Any thoughts appreciated

I had a look at them today and it took me all of 3 minutes to decide to get one.. this is purely due to being a collector and a stacker so i dont mind paying a bit more for a new coin if i like it and of course it commits me to buy Maid Marion and Little John too.. 

I wont go all in and buy a few to flip as they are too dear to make anything off them so just the one for me.. I think Ebay will be seeing them at around £39.99 atm so for now it was Royal Mint Rip Off for me.. other traders can do free postage so why not Royal Mint? but all in all im waiting for it to arrive.. and as we all say on here occasionally "I like shiny" and " my precious" 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Pretty nice design. There was a 2019 coin from the Austrian mint that also featured Robin hood: https://www.europeanmint.com/2019-1oz-austrian-silver-robin-hood-coin/

Personally like the RM design better, but if it's any indication, they might do quite well. Those Austrian coins increased in premium as on release in 2019, they were just priced as your average bullion coin, currently commanding a 40% premium give or take. The one from the RM being better designed (according to me anyway) and I guess it's CGT free for UK residents because it's in GBP.

Curious to see if any of the EU dealers get their hands on these.

I just picked one up, might be the start of a nice new series and don't want to be messing around back dating them if I like the other coins.. If I don't I've overpaid about £10 for a 1oz coin, I'll live with it.

8 hours ago, SamsonDD said:

Couldn't resist and just bought a couple - so much for just 'stacking'... 😁

Ha, know that feeling... so far I’ve held out on buying the “pretty” stuff but it is getting harder not to break the stacking budget! 

It’s funny how the royal mint are robbing us, but instead of donating their gains they keep them. Very contradicting to the moral of the story.  I guess the moral of the story is thieves will always steal, especially ones called the royal mint that make low quality of coins and ask for high premiums. 

Does anyone know if these are available cheaper elsewhere at the moment. I'd really like one but the premiums the RM are charging is making me reconsider 

4 minutes ago, Plams said:

Does anyone know if these are available cheaper elsewhere at the moment. I'd really like one but the premiums the RM are charging is making me reconsider 

Cheapest i've seen is RM ... I ordered one on Monday and it arrived today, very nice BTW.. I don't mind the extra premium for my collection as I will be keeping it until I snuff it,  guess my kids will get to decide whether to hold onto it or sell it on...  

Just now, LukeStacker said:

I really like this coin, but it seems so expensive, this would be the collector, not the stacker buying this coin, but just can't decide.

£28.00 + vat .... YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO....... !!!! 😆😆

Looks nice!

I've never bought anything from the RM, but I could be tempted for a 1oz Silver 🤔  (seeing as my stacking budget is miniscule!)

Fighting my inner 'Collector'... Nggggh - must resist..... I'm a Stacker ... honest guv!

😂

Bob

It just goes to show how different the RM images look (possibly CGI) to the actual coin.

Having seen the actual coin I’d have bought these but the RM images actually put me off and mainly the background. Not including the trees in the background but rather the vacant area of the background put me off seeing the RM images.

Archived