• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

😢 Wtf

Robda1986

Wow, what in the actual ****! 

Thats one way to ruin a sale. I find it funny that he’s added “excellent condition” to the description when you can literally see the fingerprints! The ones were the coin is out of the capsule aren’t even in focus. Was it a gift from a relative I wonder? How much money do you think he’s wiped off the value of the coin?!

19 minutes ago, Aiden2343 said:

Wow, what in the actual ****! 

Thats one way to ruin a sale. I find it funny that he’s added “excellent condition” to the description when you can literally see the fingerprints! The ones were the coin is out of the capsule aren’t even in focus. Was it a gift from a relative I wonder? How much money do you think he’s wiped off the value of the coin?!

IMO he's taken a fair premium coin to bullion ish value think he'll be lucky to get 450 now 😔

11 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Trouble is someone will probably still buy it without realising its not worth more than just over spot now.

I hope it does not  happen to be a member of this forum! 🙄😏😲

The fact the seller refers to it as a "sovereign" says that he knows "ZIP" 😵

My 5 year old Grandson loves coins and has a few in his collection now , keeps them loose in a tin with a few stones & sharks teeth . It only takes him seconds to get them out of the special royal mint packaging . A coin in one hand and a cookie in the other 😅 but he loves his coins .

A high percentage of proof coins are handled and will pass through dealers at spot price or below which gives us the chance to pick some lovely coins up at a fair price.

Yep, I bought a number of proof sovereigns and half sovereigns a couple of weeks back for about £42 a gram - seems many people just don’t worry about handling them. I need to go through them all to see if any are worth conserving and grading but a couple even to the eye have finger prints and general grime on them. Just hope the 2005/2012 proof half sovs can be conserved 

A lot of people not familiar with where the value in proofs come from handle them reducing their condition and value. Many on EBay have suffered from this and Some are in bullion condition due to this. Having been very careful I have picked a up a few proofs from EBay in excellent condition which suggests they have not been opened or handled.

Archived