• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buyer beware (poor customer service)

Panmad

Well I’m very new to this site and read allot from the prominent folks here and put some trust on recommended Bullion Dealer (s) and all i can say “I’m a FOOL”!

1 DEALER sent package via a courier where in plain txt it states where it came from and the inside had bullion coins in it ... needless to say package was damaged and a coin was missing 🤦🏼‍♂️

Tried a second WELL KNOWN dealer on here, pre-paid into my account as per their T’s & C’s only to have their website failing to take from my account balance and dropping my transaction.  Not a problem i thought, ill just call and see what I did wrong .... had to leave massage.... 30 min no reply so i call again... “ever so sorry” reception said ill pass it up straight away.... a hour now passes no call... i called again... reception now says there a 3 hour wait 🤦🏼‍♂️ (time check 15:24)  ... so i wait.... and ... wait.... AND WAIT.... call again.... reception answers ....yes i did pass your message on but the office is now CLOSED!  I said ...WHAT?  She says .... sorry they closed at 16:30 TODAY.... I BIT MY TOUNGE! 😡

NEEDLESS to say IM NOT IMPRESSED! 

Buying in person now when lockdown ends and my future on this forum may come to an abrupt end 😕

Not a great start and sorry to hear of your problems.
I am surprised that any dealer will make it obvious of the package contents.
The Royal Mint however does so and I am really surprised at this.

What was the value of your missing coin and what is the response from the dealer ?
I assume any business seller has insurance and guarantees safe receipt.
Let the dealer argue the claim with the courier and not leave it to you to sort out.
Keep the packaging until settled but send the dealer photographs.

Case is active hence why i have not mentioned any names. 

Normally I’m laid back but when company(s) cant be bothered to even acknowledge an email alarm bells start ringing. 

Again both incidents are active and therefore i cant say names it just soooooo frustrating as they have my cash with no comeback! 😡

• Founder & Administrator

Sorry to hear that you have an issue with a dealer. It is best to discuss this with them and allow them a chance to resolve the matter first.

1 hour ago, Panmad said:

Buying in person now when lockdown ends and my future on this forum may come to an abrupt end 😕

I am not sure what benefit of creating such a topic like this is, unless it is to put pressure on the forum itself, and to try to get TSF involved when we ourselves are not part of the trade. I don't like to see such topics because I believe that any disputes should be discussed in private between the parties of the trade. If it is a well known dealer on the forum I am sure you can come to an amicable resolution with them. I note that you have just registered an account on TSF 5 days ago, please make sure you have also read the forum's rules in it's entirety.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 minute ago, ChrisSilver said:

Sorry to hear that you have an issue with a dealer. It is best to discuss this with them and allow them a chance to resolve the matter first.

I am not sure what benefit of creating such a topic like this is, unless it is to put pressure on the forum itself, and to try to get TSF involved when we ourselves are not part of the trade. I don't like to see such topics because I believe that any disputes should be discussed in private between the parties of the trade. If it is a well known dealer on the forum I am sure you can come to an amicable resolution with them. I note that you have just registered an account on TSF 5 days ago, please make sure you have also read the forum's rules in it's entirety.

No pressure intended hence why no names or companies “named” only a polite words of advice thats all... TSF has loads of good info but people should thread carefully...

if this is against any of the forums policy by all means delete.. your call 👍🏽

Agree completely with @ChrisSilver.   

I think it is also important to note that while members may state that they have good service / got a great price, things can and do change.  I happily bought from one dealer for years until they sent me a coin that I felt was not as described - I did not bother complaining, I just did not use them again.

There are two parts of the forum to help you - the Price Comparison area and the Dealer Review section.  Both are very useful in my view.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Thank you for the kind words ...

strange that i only mentioned my experience but with comments like yours its like “dont wear a short skirt if you dont want anything to happen to you” oh and if it something does then ...”look away and keep your mouth shut” 

wow ... thanks👍🏽

Hi @Panmad

My comments were designed to sympathise with you and help you with some areas of the forum that you could use going forward.   Nothing more, nothing less. 

All the best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I was going to say, if it is a forum member I could understand the hostility in the post.  If it's a problem with royal mint for example, I'm not sure that's the fault of the forum community 🤔

2 hours ago, Panmad said:

Thank you for the kind words ...

strange that i only mentioned my experience but with comments like yours its like “dont wear a short skirt if you dont want anything to happen to you” oh and if it something does then ...”look away and keep your mouth shut” 

wow ... thanks👍🏽

Who are you referencing?

I have seen nothing in this thread that should make you feel like this🙄

Chill out man. If you are dealing with main dealers who are recommended on here, everything will work out fine. It may take a little time though.
When all's done and dusted you can make judgement on the service you received and act accordingly. It's no different to buying anything.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

@Panmad 

Hello fellow newbie here. You could just asked for help and any advice rather than all guns blazing. If you have only been a member for five days maybe you should have sat back and learned like you stated in the only other post you have written. I glad you made the post as it offers a balance but it is not the responsibility of the members here who obviously put a lot of effort in there contributions.

It's seems to me it's stated everywhere that there is risk from pier to pier trading, but if it's a genuine dealer there are all sorts of avenues to get your money back.

Expressing opinions about experiences with buying is not a problem.   The problem is you suggest its forum users fault you put the order in with these dealers, sort of 'look what you made me do'.  

Did you read other threads on the forum about filming the parcel hand over, or refusing to take delivery because the parcel was damaged.  Making sure parcels are all sent fully insured.  

Many years ago I to have had a problem with a major bullion dealer in the UK and it is on this forum, i did not blame anyone else and it took me a while to sort it out.  I have never used that dealer again.   

I noticed you have paid for a 'Gold membership'  So you are serious about buying PMs. 

There is a wealth of imformation on this site just take your time. 

The experience you’ve had with whoever you bought the coins from doesn’t sound great. I can’t understand why any bullion dealer should have anything on the outside of a package that might hint at its contents.

If a bullion dealer has been recommended on here I think it’s down to us all to do our own research and decide if we want to order from them.

I don’t understand why you feel your time on the forum will come to an abrupt end. Give the seller, whoever they may be, time to look into your claim and respond.

This forum is a great place and if you want advice and a friendly community to discuss PM’s, you won’t find anywhere better than here.

I hope you manage to get this rectified.

On 12/03/2021 at 19:17, Pete said:

The Royal Mint however does so and I am really surprised at this.

Spoke to RM about this, they said that DHL keeps adding a second label to their packages after they've been collected. This is the label which has the contents listed. Supposedly they've been made aware and are trying to deal with this. 

Seems consistent; my friend also placed a small order with them and their order was delivered via royal mail with only one label which did not have contents listed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived