• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Dealing with Baird and Co?

TutoredSoup232

has anyone had any luck with Baird and Co recently, specifically with cancelling delayed orders. I ordered silver from them when the lead time was still reasonable and its been over a month. Now trying to cancel seems to be impossible 

18 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Not dealt with Baird per se but when committing to any bullion order their T&C's normally state you can't cancel

I get not being able to cancel under normal circumstances, but when its weeks over lead time with no clear indication as to when you can reasonably expect your order to be fulfilled I think you should be able to. How long can you stretch out lead time before considering it one you cannot fulfil? 

I had a situation on an order where the supplier gets their stick from somewhere else... it took months and by the time I got it Silver had dropped so I lost out... but hey talk to them see what can be done

I placed a fairly large order of silver bars with Baird&Co maybe 6 months ago; I believe they were then quoting a delivery time of 3-4 weeks. In the end they took around 6 weeks to deliver the goods. Unfortunately for yourself, their quoted delivery time is an estimate, not a guarantee. Therefore you are relying on their reputation (which is excellent mind you) to deliver in due course. 

1 hour ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

I get not being able to cancel under normal circumstances, but when its weeks over lead time with no clear indication as to when you can reasonably expect your order to be fulfilled I think you should be able to. How long can you stretch out lead time before considering it one you cannot fulfil? 

In theory a cancellation clause would be great. But in practice it will likely create huge headaches for Baird&Co. There are many factors to their operational process that are simply out of their control and which can't necessarily be accounted for timewise.  

Saying this, I know of more Baird&Co orders that have been delivered late than were on time. They really should start be more respectful to their customers and give a more appropriate lead time, because 4 weeks does seem optimistic at best at the moment.

1 hour ago, Sh97if said:

I placed a fairly large order of silver bars with Baird&Co maybe 6 months ago; I believe they were then quoting a delivery time of 3-4 weeks. In the end they took around 6 weeks to deliver the goods. Unfortunately for yourself, their quoted delivery time is an estimate, not a guarantee. Therefore you are relying on their reputation (which is excellent mind you) to deliver in due course. 

In theory a cancellation clause would be great. But in practice it will likely create huge headaches for Baird&Co. There are many factors to their operational process that are simply out of their control and which can't necessarily be accounted for timewise.  

Saying this, I know of more Baird&Co orders that have been delivered late than were on time. They really should start be more respectful to their customers and give a more appropriate lead time, because 4 weeks does seem optimistic at best at the moment.

True, but baird and co do have a cancellation clause in which they state they will allow cancellation if they cannot fulfil your order. It would appear they would rather continue stringing customers along than adhere to it however. It was 3 weeks ago, then 2 weeks ago, then this week, now supposedly next week production will begin. If they'd been more upfront I'd be less annoyed. Or would've gone elsewhere to begin with because these delays aren't affecting RM 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ their reputation for quality seems to be good but I'm beginning to realise its not the same for customer service unfortunately 😓😓

42 minutes ago, Seasider said:

This, 

"they will allow cancellation if they cannot fulfil your order", this is ambiguous and deliberately so I would imagine. It's at Baird&Co's complete discretion whether or not they can fulfil your order, i.e. they have you by the ba££s. 

Joking aside and as previously mentioned they're a reputable dealer; you'll have your metal soon enough, you're just going to have to be a bit more patient than you anticipated. 

5 hours ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

has anyone had any luck with Baird and Co recently, specifically with cancelling delayed orders. I ordered silver from them when the lead time was still reasonable and its been over a month. Now trying to cancel seems to be impossible 

Never had a problem, one of the most reputable dealers there. I would given them a call and discuss, if not go into there Hatton Gardens Branch and have a chat with them if you get no where on the phone. I personally would not be selling my silver right now, its a longer term hold. 

23 hours ago, Seasider said:

yikes! just finished reading this! well I can happily report whilst their communication is lacking I haven't had the displeasure of anyone from Baird calling me an idiot!

Hi All

I have been buying from Baird for 3 months and have no complaints whatsoever.  

Started buying from them after HGM ramped prices for bullion coins, and have been quietly impressed with the quality of bullion coins I have received. The coins I have purchased are in very solid MS60 plus territory.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

3 minutes ago, crazysilver11 said:

i normally get all my orders within a few days when i order smaller order from baird, bullionbypost and Gold Bank.

might be a good idea to split order sizes

I did place some rather small orders however their shipping is a bit ridiculous at £11-22 

• Founder & Administrator
1 hour ago, crazysilver11 said:

i normally get all my orders within a few days when i order smaller order from baird, bullionbypost and Gold Bank.

might be a good idea to split order sizes

Are you associated with Gold Bank? The reason I ask is that you registered today, the same day when this company also registered and contacted me to ask about advertising. I haven’t seen this company mentioned before on the forum. Could just be a coincidence, but in the past some other dealers (now banned) have also tried to advertise themselves via making fake user accounts and obviously we do not support this type of misleading advertising so therefore I have to ask you to clarify if you have an affiliation with this company. The OP of this topic was also asking about Baird’s and didn’t mention ‘Gold Bank’. Many thanks.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

please disregard the above comment it has been made by a gold bank staff member who no longer works here we apologize if this has misled anyone. We have purchased a membership now and this can be used to communicate with us if need be.

• Founder & Administrator
5 minutes ago, GoldBank said:

please disregard the above comment it has been made by a gold bank staff member who no longer works here we apologize if this has misled anyone. We have purchased a membership now and this can be used to communicate with us if need be.

I have been in contact with GoldBank and can confirm that GoldBank will be taking out advertising with TSF. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived