• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

End of an eBay Era

Shinus73

Manage payments will include Coins Soon, No More Paypal Fees. This looks a lot better to me, payments to your Bank Account from E Bay, you will get a E Mail once E Bay are ready to place you on the NEW System. Coins will be added this Month so no problems selling coins, Bonus of NO Paypal fees, All good Coinsters !

On 03/03/2021 at 23:33, Shinus73 said:

I’m now unable to buy from Europe at a price that makes it viable and unable to sell what I already have, thanks to eBay’s new rules relating to managed payments, which essentially means only business sellers can sell coins or bullion.

I'll be very disappointed if this is true. I used to sell on ebay. Made a few sales, then PayPal banned my account over a year ago (they refused to tell me why. I still haven't got the money back from my paypal account) and so I had to stop.

I thought that as managed payments were coming, I'd patiently wait for that, then start selling bullion coins again... and now this... It does seem like the universe doesnt want my little side gig to succeed!

I haven't had any info about moving to managed payments from eBay though.

On 04/03/2021 at 08:22, Shinus73 said:

I'm more disappointed that I will no longer be able to spend an hour every evening hunting for junk silver bargains, not fashionable collectables, because they won't be there.

Snap! I love scouring through the junk cupro-nickel lots to find cheap, rubbish coins where there's a handful of silver mixed in that the seller has no idea about.

Around 2003, I found a bulk lot of 'spare change' listed, loads of quarters, dimes and cents. A whole pile full, I saw what looked like a silver quarter in the pile, so I PM-ed the seller and asked if there were any pre-65 coins in it, the response was a fair few. So I purchased it.

Searching through the rubble when it arrived, I found dozens of silver quarters and dimes, it was a super haul!

I guess I like the thrill of the chase more than the actual acquiring! eBay has been brilliant for that over the years, but you've got to find sellers who don't know what they've got to succeed!

If they're all registered businesses then its end of the hunt and just pay over the odds, not much joy to be had there.

Archived