• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2019 Great Engravers Una and the Lion 2 oz Silver Proof

Ceaiu

Item: 2019 Great Engravers Una and the Lion 2 oz Silver Proof

Condition: I have wiped the coin with a soft cloth (reverse side only); More details below, so please read it carefully.

Starting time and date: Today, 2nd of March at 8 PM (GMT)

Starting price: 300 Eur (highly interested in building experience and reputation)

Ending time and date: Saturday, March 6th at 8 PM (GMT)

Set increments: 10 Eur

Winning Bidder: The winning bidder is the person who has made the highest bid at the point the auction closes. In the event that the highest bidder pulls out or reneges on their final bid, I will contact 2nd place, third place accordingly.

Item Location: Will be dispatched from Romania (EU).

Shipping: Shipping costs are not included in the selling price, and will be covered by the buyer. I would prefer to use UPS (or similar). 

Shipping destinations: EU countries. (UK, if it's not difficult)

Payment terms: Bank Transfer to an EUR account (RON if buyer from Romania). Payment is required once the coin is in buyer's possession (since it's my first sale and I'm still to build the trust of the TSF members).

Dispatch time and date: As soon as I wrap my head on what I need to do to ship it.

Other important mentions: 

Patience is required. I do not ask for advance payments (not even shipping), so do not push me to post it first thing Monday morning. I'm not experienced, so I need to figure this out. I know it's not rocket science, but it's still a learning process for me.

Guidance is appreciated. I'm not experienced, so I may not be able to answer all questions related to shipping. I hope I can learn from you, and you can answer some of my question!

MOST IMPORTANTI will only accept bids from established members of TSF. This condition is because of the above mentions: payment requested after delivery, and at least one of us has to have experience with trading (I'm not the one). If you asking what it takes to be considered an established member of this community, then you may not be one. If it's debatable, I'll ask for guidance from @ChrisSilver. I don't consider myself an established member, if this is an indication.

More details on condition:

I have ordered the coin directly from the Royal Mind when it launched.

As reported by other forum members, the QC was not great for many of them. By the time I have received mine, it was already sold out at the mint, so I saw no point in asking for it to be replaced. Perhaps I got a coin that was already rejected by another customer, or perhaps I had (still have) too high expectations.

The capsule was not properly closed, and the coin just looked dirty. It looked like it had tiny silver flakes stuck on it's surface. 

Not knowing how to handle a proof coin, and being absolutely sure that this coin will stay with me forever, I've made an attempt to clean it with a soft cloth. The result of that were two hair scratches that are visible when tilting the coin in certain angles against an artificial light source.

I don't have a magnifying glass to check for more damage, but perhaps there is more caused by me, and I can't see it.

What was already there because of the "wonderful" quality that RM delivered:

- one circular spot just corner top right of the crown (is this a milk spot, or something else??).

- several silver flakes that appear to be stuck on the surface (at least this is how I'd describe them): on the obverse on the bottom left corner of Queen's neck, on the reverse just above (kissing) the lion's tale...

- a tiny spot in the middle of Una's chest that was supposed to be satin finished, while it looks shiny instead.

On the bright side, the coin is an absolute design and execution masterpiece. When taking the photos of it, I was reminded of how beautiful it is. The scratches are not visible in natural daylight (at least I was not able to reproduce them). If one is admiring the coin from behind the capsule, he/she will be distracted by the imperfection of the capsule anyway (the case for all the coins, not only mine).

Why am I trying to sell it, then? Because I want to gain the trading experience, and I need feedback and reputation on TSF. I'm still accumulating PM items, but it might be that at one point I'll have to sell some. I guess it will be very difficult to sell an 1 oz of gold without any previous feedback. The Una and the Lion is my most high profile item, so I figured it's the best candidate for the first sale. Plus, it's a constant reminder of how stupid I was for handling it, and how s****** RM was for allowing those coins (with less than great quality) to get to the customers. 

20210302_164000.jpg

20210302_164555.jpg

20210302_165301.jpg

20210302_164157.jpg

20210301_222409.jpg

20210302_163832.jpg

20210302_163141.jpg

20210302_191955.jpg

5 minutes ago, SVcollector said:

Do you mean 330? I believe it’s 10 increments (to keep the auction alive and auto bumped) but will get to 400 rather soon

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

7 minutes ago, SVcollector said:

why only 10? the step is 10 that means i can bid 400. 

Sorry, I read it wrong. I thought I read that it was €10 like others in the past, which keeps the whole auction relevant and bumps it to the top of the Threads again.

Ok, I’ll bid €500

14 minutes ago, SVcollector said:

no problem m8 good luck!

You too. Lots of time left for others to get involved and I’m sure @Ceaiuwill bump the thread if bidders stop. I guess there will be lots sniping at the last second then 😉 

There seems to be not much activity on EU (compared with UK), so no need to bump unnecessarily. 

I guess some non premium users will find about it after the 72h mark.

Would have been better to close it before that happens, but didn't want to change the rules while playing.

Congratulations @Spence098 I guess!!

I really wanted to make a higher bid but the import tax and postage costs made it a tough decision 😢 

Great auction!!!! 👍🏻 

Thank you all for participating. Is it commonly agreed that @Spence098 is the winner?

It was pretty vague from my side to specify "established member" since this can be questionable, therefore me reaching out to the other bidders for validation.

Special thanks to @MancunianStacker for giving me idea for this auction (in a different post).

2 minutes ago, Ceaiu said:

Thank you all for participating. Is it commonly agreed that @Spence098 is the winner?

It was pretty vague from my side to specify "established member" since this can be questionable, therefore me reaching out to the other bidders for validation.

Special thanks to @MancunianStacker for giving me idea for this auction (in a different post).

Think I have enough positive feedback now and iv dealt with @SVcollector a number of times im sure Chris will vouch for me 👍

Archived