• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The 95th Birthday of Her Majesty The Queen

Love the design of the obverse of this coin. I have been considering getting the 2oz proof - but not sure about how  popular it’ll be down the line. Will I make a return on it? If Lizzie makes it to 100 it’ll lose any of the drama of a 95th birthday?

Opinions please 🙂

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2021-uk-silver-proof-two-ounce-coin/

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

Was hoping for a similar mintage to the 2019 Victoria, around the 650 mark (or 695 😏)

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

30 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

What was the price of the strike on the day sovereign? I missed it.. Sigh. 

I don't think the price was ever stated.  I think the webpage is just a teaser for 21/4/21 - it asks for people to register their interest in the coin.  Though why this is necessary when you know the date of issue, I don't know.  I registered my interest in the SOTD Decimal 50p and never heard from the Royal Mint!

46 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I don't think the price was ever stated.  I think the webpage is just a teaser for 21/4/21 - it asks for people to register their interest in the coin.  Though why this is necessary when you know the date of issue, I don't know.  I registered my interest in the SOTD Decimal 50p and never heard from the Royal Mint!

Yay!! :D I didn't miss it after all 😛 Phew! 

Edit: I see what you mean now, and have registered. But I could have sworn when Iooked at it the first time there wasn't that option, and it said "No longer available". Really weird, I should have made a screenshot. Or I must have been dreaming... 

Edited by goldmember44

1 hour ago, Heirlooms said:

Was hoping for a similar mintage to the 2019 Victoria, around the 650 mark (or 695 😏)

The limited edition is for 100 fewer than the total mintage. I wonder if the rest is for a graded presentation, perhaps for the US? 

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

The limited edition is for 100 fewer than the total mintage. I wonder if the rest is for a graded presentation, perhaps for the US? 

I think probably a limited edition set with all the 95th birthday coin

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Yay!! :D I didn't miss it after all 😛 Phew! 

Edit: I see what you mean now, and have registered. But I could have sworn when Iooked at it the first time there wasn't that option, and it said "No longer available". Really weird, I should have made a screenshot. Or I must have been dreaming... 

On the main page, it does say "No longer available" but when you click on the specific page, it asks you to register your interest.

2 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Isn't the difference made up by the coins in the annual sets? Is there a Piedfort silver proof annual set? 

My big question is why is there a Piedfort AND a two ounce silver?? Their weights are almost equal, minor difference is that the Piedfort is plain edge with an edge inscription. The two ounce is milled edge. 

What was the price of the strike on the day sovereign? I missed it.. Sigh. 

Prince Philip in St Bart's for Heart condition tests

2 hours ago, Zhorro said:

On the main page, it does say "No longer available" but when you click on the specific page, it asks you to register your interest.

Oh? I don't see that... it doesn't show that anymore on the main page. Refresh and you'll see. :)

9 hours ago, Elliefran said:

Love the design of the obverse of this coin. I have been considering getting the 2oz proof - but not sure about how  popular it’ll be down the line. Will I make a return on it? If Lizzie makes it to 100 it’ll lose any of the drama of a 95th birthday?

Opinions please 🙂

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2021-uk-silver-proof-two-ounce-coin/

I think the Timothy Node design isn't too 'busy' on the table, unlike the other one (which is nice, but difficult to process).

It's a really lovely design and a really nice touch to add 'MY HEART AND MY DEVOTION', which harks back to her 1957 Christmas speech. 

If the Queen steps down soon, then this coin, along with the proof 1 sovereign (the one with 95 mills on the edge) are the coins to hold on to.

A few months ago, I read that it could be as soon as this year that the Queen steps down and would like it to be relatively quick.

It might be difficult to see, when there's been the Queen's Beasts and the Great Engravers, as these are highly collectable, but sometimes, the ones that might get un-noticed now, may prove to be thought upon differently later, in years to come...

I read in this thread, a member saying something like, you buy what you love or like, and I like and dare I say, love this coin and what it stands for.

I've gone for the gold 1/4 oz proof, but silver may also be a good buy too!?

Timothy Noad.JPG

Edited by GoldenGriffin

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2021-uk-gold-proof-two-ounce-coin/

I see there is a 2oz gold coin for this release today, these are starting to be more common 

2oz is a lovely weighty size, in hand. Fits in a standard slab 

Seems to be a the beginnings of popular trend starting of folk going for these  

More exclusive than a 1oz but not totally breaking the bank of a 5oz gold, and in between low mintages - 200 mintage 

Anyone going for this today ?  it hasn't sold out thus far

23 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I've gone for the gold 1/4 oz proof, but silver may also be a good buy too!?

Timothy Noad.JPG

I think the 1/4oz gold is beautiful. 

19 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I just feel the mintages are too large. Seen the kilo and gold mintages sheesh 🙄 

Buy one in two months cheaper me thinks 

But I think Manc in onto something in choosing to wait. 

I think I’ll revisit next month and take a chance on a lower price. 

Just realised the difference with the lettering 'E II R' in both designs that also makes the Timothy Node design more appealing...

The TN design has a frosted border with a mirrored finish inside the lettering, so when the light reflects back at you, the lettering will stand out, more so than the other version, which is just frosted.

Is it wrong to drool 🤤, even before the coin has arrived!? 😅

Edited by GoldenGriffin

On 02/03/2021 at 09:23, Paul said:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2021-uk-gold-proof-two-ounce-coin/

I see there is a 2oz gold coin for this release today, these are starting to be more common 

2oz is a lovely weighty size, in hand. Fits in a standard slab 

Seems to be a the beginnings of popular trend starting of folk going for these  

More exclusive than a 1oz but not totally breaking the bank of a 5oz gold, and in between low mintages - 200 mintage 

Anyone going for this today ?  it hasn't sold out thus far

Interestingly it is priced at £4,485 while the Three Graces last week was priced at £4,995.

Edited by westminstrel

7 minutes ago, terakris said:

I think the main sellouts so far are the prints! I quite like the design but suspect this will only be a long term winner if poor old queenie dies before she hits 100.

The prints are indeed a sell-out on the RM site - I wonder if we're in a relatively short period, where collectors are all spent up after the 3 Grace's...?

No matter what happens, I think this coin is a winner (in my eyes at least!) 😃

I bought the prints. Loved them.

No sign as yet but I am strangely excited to receive them...I will be storing them away with other curious things I have bought from the Mint and don’t know what to do with (like the decimal day release silver proof coin edition of 200...that is MASSIVE and takes up so much space, but is very nice. I was going to return it and note it still hasn’t sold out but curiosity got the better of me and it’s in storage...I expect it to be in their spring sales as this usually happens with these type of releases!!)