• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

I just rang them up.  My order has been cancelled.  The Lady on the phone said any orders placed on the web site that state the following :-

' Thankyou, your order was processed successfully Your order can be reviewed below' 

This mean it goes into a Que at the office.  My order was not successful at the office. She went on   'In fact many orders that came through are in the same position!'

I'm thinking there are loads of people waiting for a coin that is just not going to turn up.  

Edited by Pipers

11 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

You have a proper account manager! Wish I did. 😂

I just get the odd call trying to sell me a raw common coin for double the going auction rate.

Is it possible for you to switch account managers? Maybe some thing to look into for the future. It seems to be luck of the draw

54 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

If your order is in the closed section and is recorded as ‘£0’ then it sounds like it has been cancelled. Phone the Mint this morning and ask

Thank you. I've just called RM, the order is cancelled. They are very sorry for disappointing, but "they have to disappoint many people these days". 

Well, suddenly I have ca. 300 EUR spare :))

5 minutes ago, Kman said:

Did any dealers get given these to sell? 

And instead of selling them at recommended price they're selling them at a massive premium? 

It seems that Coin Connection took an order and have sent them all for grading - I imagine they will be in the thousands of pounds once available.

Britannia Coin Club or whatever they are called, also took some in bulk and are selling for £2,750.00.

Meanwhile, those who placed legitimate orders yesterday are having their orders cancelled. 

I spoke to the Mint this morning who confirmed my orders are still OK, but that there are no guarantees. I have been told that they can be cancelled at anytime prior to dispatch. So basically, wait four weeks and you may or may not get what you ordered. Anyone selling or agreeing to sell on at this stage would be well advised to hold fire.

Edited by AndrewSL76

My order cancelled for sure... seriously gutted, this has been my focus since November with chrome extension monitoring website changes.

they have and will be cancelling a lot more orders apparently. 

It was always going to be a bit of a lottery but its so damn frustrating.

Salty would be a understatement! I think il buy a bullion sovereign instead. 

Edited by watchesandwhisky

1 hour ago, ak74 said:

My order was cancelled, it's now in "Completed" status, furthermore, now in my order there are 3 coins of 2oz silver, while in reality I ordered of course just 1, and have an e-mail confirmation and my card was charged just for 1.

So looks like RM has added 2 coins to my order to claim it not legitimate. Quite disgusting.

This is a computer error - I see three of everything I order in my open and closed order pages. I called my AM yesterday thinking, like you, that this might cause my order to be cancelled but he just confirmed this is a system fault. It is not intentional on RM's part.

@ak74 @AndrewSL76

Thanks I'm going to complain to the RM

Maybe its fine and dealers can do whatever they want with an allocation but clearly this doesn't benefit their customers in any way, quite the opposite

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 minutes ago, Fivepoundfred said:

but the question is - exactly why are they cancelling orders

Well, that's quite obvious - their system is not able to cope with hundreds of orders per second with live stock level.

What to expect from IT system which triples coins in the orders?

16 minutes ago, watchesandwhisky said:

My order cancelled for sure... seriously gutted, this has been my focus since November with chrome extension monitoring website changes.

they have and will be cancelling a lot more orders apparently. 

It was always going to be a bit of a lottery but its so damn frustrating.

Salty would be a understatement! I think il buy a bullion sovereign instead. 

I think it would be fairer just to have a lottery when the mintage is so low and the demand is so high.

Mines also cancelled....

Still shows open order on the website but the lady confirmed that the high demand on the website could not keep up with everything ...

Find that quite disgusting as now my money is on hold and I don't have access to it 

Be prepared for bad new people...

Well done to those who are successful...

Gutted is an understatement 😫

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

I think it would be fairer just to have a lottery when the mintage is so low and the demand is so high.

Nah, I've been through lottery systems and you have even less of a chance. I much prefer taking my chance checking every week and trying to be quick with checkout. Your competition is actually less when compared to casual entries in a lottery.

I do wonder, how is the system deciding which orders are to be cancelled? Is it based on whoever ordered first? or just chance? My payment also says pending but the money is not available in my account. It shows 9.03 am as time of payment and I received my order confirmation at 9:04 from the mint. I really don’t think I could’ve been faster, so if my order is cancelled then it’s likely that anyone’s is at risk.

49 minutes ago, Kman said:

Did any dealers get given these to sell? 

And instead of selling them at recommended price they're selling them at a massive premium? 

Also watch this link. They had one 2oz gold Una last year that sold for an enormous premium, but in hindsight less than recent sales. 

https://www.apmex.com/product/229174/2021-great-britain-2-oz-gold-the-three-graces-proof

12 minutes ago, Aiden2343 said:

I do wonder, how is the system deciding which orders are to be cancelled? Is it based on whoever ordered first? or just chance? My payment also says pending but the money is not available in my account. It shows 9.03 am as time of payment and I received my order confirmation at 9:04 from the mint. I really don’t think I could’ve been faster, so if my order is cancelled then it’s likely that anyone’s is at risk.

I'd guess first come first served

The trouble is with their system rejecting cards multiple times its more like first come and lucky enough to actually get served

I think I first got declined at 9:02 and it took till 9:10 to get my order done

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Thank you for your interest in the Three Graces 2020 UK Two-Ounce Silver Proof coin.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming popularity of the product, by the time we received your order for processing, the item was no longer available and is now off-sale.

Any other items ordered are being processed and will be despatched in due course. Your card will not be debited for the item shown above.

We are extremely sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Thank you for your interest in the Three Graces 2020 UK Two-Ounce Silver Proof coin.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming popularity of the product, by the time we received your order for processing, the item was no longer available and is now off-sale.

Any other items ordered are being processed and will be despatched in due course. Your card will not be debited for the item shown above.

We are extremely sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team

Wow, did they actually email you? How very unlike them. Or is this on their website? Actually, I will say this, I don’t think I’ve ever actually had a positive customer experience with the Royal Mint. The little things are what count...like not refunding postage after sending a coin that's scratched to hell, you just can’t be bothered with it.

That's the cancellation email I received.

Translation:

''by the time we received your order for processing, the item was no longer available and is now off-sale''

''Those six attempts to pay were all your fault and nowt to do with us''

''We are extremely sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.''

''We got offered more money for these from a secondary dealer and other big customers so we thought we'd sell yours to them instead since you're just a pleb'' 

34 minutes ago, Spence098 said:

Mines also cancelled....

Still shows open order on the website but the lady confirmed that the high demand on the website could not keep up with everything ...

Find that quite disgusting as now my money is on hold and I don't have access to it 

Be prepared for bad new people...

Well done to those who are successful...

Gutted is an understatement 😫

order total shows as £0 on your open order?

if so it’s been cancelled 😠