• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

27 minutes ago, evende said:

It’s strange because this wasn’t my experience at all. I logged on at about 8.45 and went to a page saying ‘we are preparing a new product. You will be redirected when the site opens’. No queue as such and certainly no number position given. Then at 9am (or shortly after) the page automatically refreshed and put me straight in?

Gold already sold out though!! 5oz showed available so put one in my basket but it wouldn’t let me check it out then emptied the basket. 

Which makes me question how many gold were actually for sale!

On 22/02/2021 at 09:58, 1stsovereign said:

I am still offering £1100 for each silver 2oz coins :) 

I have a couple of Una's somewhere not seen them since they arrived.  I might be interested in parting with one if anyone is searching for one.

Becca

3 minutes ago, Becca said:

I have a couple of Una's somewhere not seen them since they arrived.  I might be interested in parting with one if anyone is searching for one.

Becca

Is this £1100 for the Royal Mint 2oz silver una and the lion?? 

2 minutes ago, Becca said:

Becca

Raw Una coins are going for very good money; graded ones command a lot more if in 69 or 70 

1 hour ago, terakris said:

My old account manager was fantastic, I'd always have a coin reserved that I wanted. My new one, not so much, maybe cos my spend is lower than before but often my emails are just ignored.

Do you have any idea if they make any commission off the sale of a coin?

My experience of the queueing system for this launch was unlike any launch I've bought on before. I set multiple alarms in the morning to remind me to check Royal Mints page to see if they started the queueing system. Like everyone else from about 8:45 onwards I got the "we are preparing to launch" website message. Come 9 I was then pushed straight through to the site. Seemingly no people ahead of me. This caught me out as I expected a queue. I had been on the site since around half 6 when I first checked if anyone was queueing so maybe that played into it? Perhaps its just random? Odd one, anyway.

14 minutes ago, SovCollector said:
1 hour ago, terakris said:

My old account manager was fantastic, I'd always have a coin reserved that I wanted. My new one, not so much, maybe cos my spend is lower than before but often my emails are just ignored.

Do you have any idea if they make any commission off the sale of a coin?

Times are changing, more people are waking up to silver and gold, which means a pecking order re-shuffle.

I was encouraged to go to my AM more so than normal a while back, saying, if I go to them, then I don't have to pay the £9 postage, which did make me wonder whether 1) they're getting commission, or 2) I would be agreeing to different terms and conditions if I bypassed the sale from their website.

I was told that the terms are the same, but, hey, in reality, it could be both?  

Edited by GoldenGriffin

9 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

My experience of the queueing system for this launch was unlike any launch I've bought on before. I set multiple alarms in the morning to remind me to check Royal Mints page to see if they started the queueing system. Like everyone else from about 8:45 onwards I got the "we are preparing to launch" website message. Come 9 I was then pushed straight through to the site. Seemingly no people ahead of me. This caught me out as I expected a queue. I had been on the site since around half 6 when I first checked if anyone was queueing so maybe that played into it? Perhaps its just random? Odd one, anyway.

I was on the site uninterrupted from around 7am and was over 3000 in the queue. 

I can't think of another example in which a website allows an item to oversell then the company has to cancel orders.

I don't see how a company can operate so badly without something suspicious going on.

I've emailed them just for the disappointing reply I might get.

The last time I complained was about their packaging when they put my 2014 proof Britannia just into a jiffy bag and the presentation box got creases.

They said the coin packaging was just to protect the coin.

It's run by halfwits.

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Gotta be completely random then

Someone said before that the system seems to allocate you a spot when it activates at 9.00. I was waiting on a tablet from 8:30 but opened a page on my computer at 9.00. The computer was 300 odd places ahead of the tablet in the queue.

Just now, HelpingHands said:

I can't think of another example in which a website allows an item to oversell then the company has to cancel orders.

I don't see how a company can operate so badly without something suspicious going on.

"JP -MORGAN et al "

FUTURES!

for last 20 years

since "Bear Stearns"

Trailer Ok GIF

9 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I've emailed them just for the disappointing reply I might get.

The last time I complained was about their packaging when they put my 2014 proof Britannia just into a jiffy bag and the presentation box got creases.

They said the coin packaging was just to protect the coin.

It's run by halfwits.

A good few come to mind if you happen to be looking for a graphics card at the moment. Currys is one of the worst, and they don’t refund you for 5 days.

Edited by creative

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

7 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I would not be guided by the situation with the banking. They don’t take the money at point of order, they just tag it. At the point the orders are dispatched the money is then taken.

If that is the case, why don't they let you check out immediately if you have a  saved card and then tag it later or the next day? That way, everything would go a lot smoother on the day and they wouldn't get all the problems which always seem to be during the payment process. If there was a problem with tagging later on, they would be able to contact you at their leisure to sort out.

Another option would be to take an item off sale for a couple of minutes when you put it in your basket, this would give time for the checkout process to complete. If it failed, it would be released back for general sale.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

If that is the case, why don't they let you check out immediately if you have a  saved card and then tag it later or the next day? That way, everything would go a lot smoother on the day and they wouldn't get all the problems which always seem to be during the payment process. If there was a problem with tagging later on, they would be able to contact you at their leisure to sort out.

Another option would be to take an item off sale for a couple of minutes when you put it in your basket, this would give time for the checkout process to complete. If it failed, it would be released back for general sale.

Good points, therefore would be unacceptable for the mint. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

Good suggestion, but I guess they want to make sure the money is available. They cannot offer credit like that otherwise - can they? Clearly, I am not an expert!

In fairness to the mint (and I cannot believe I have just said that given the issues I am having with them at the moment) this is not an everyday problem. That said, there is no reason why they cannot have a system in place that clearly determines when an item has sold out. The technology we have today must allow for this - as mentioned earlier in this thread, the American's just put a ****ing buggy with a camera and drill on Mars and it is sending back selfies. Why can the Royal Mint not manage a sale of what amounts to less than 5000 coins in one go? Rocket science it aint.

2 hours ago, Shinus73 said:
2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Looks like they have deactivated their forum account

485933974_BritCC.thumb.jpg.aa6b8f5abc6d3140f81cf9f3557cf7ca.jpg

Expand  

Personally, I feel what they did yesterday was the very definition of driving the price. They used their extensive resources to acquire a signfiicant number of coins and then used their profile to dictate the secondary market price.

Absolutely.

Edited by GoldenGriffin