• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is https://www.metalmarket.eu a legit website?

I want to purchase a large amount of items from them, but they only accept a bank transfer for payment? Seems a bit fishy to me but i dont know. Can anyone confirm that they are legit and that my money will be safe if i make a bank transfer to them? Also if i buy from poland and have the gold/silver shipped to the uk will there be any import charges or taxes i have to pay?

Thanks

Edited by theylivewesleep27

10 minutes ago, theylivewesleep27 said:

I want to purchase a large amount of items from them, but they only accept a bank transfer for payment? Seems a bit fishy to me but i dont know. Can anyone confirm that they are legit and that my money will be safe if i make a bank transfer to them? Also if i buy from poland and have the gold/silver shipped to the uk will there be any import charges or taxes i have to pay?

Thanks

I bought some silver and gold coins from them last year and the service was great. One of my items wasn't in stock so there was a wait but the website made it clear when they were expecting the stock and when the order would ship and it did in the timeline they provided. Good communication and service.

You can expect a VAT charge of 20% plus a handling fee for the carrier. Technically only silver should be VATable but from others experience you'll probably be charged for gold too and will have to reclaim that from HMRC later.

35 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I bought some silver and gold coins from them last year and the service was great. One of my items wasn't in stock so there was a wait but the website made it clear when they were expecting the stock and when the order would ship and it did in the timeline they provided. Good communication and service.

You can expect a VAT charge of 20% plus a handling fee for the carrier. Technically only silver should be VATable but from others experience you'll probably be charged for gold too and will have to reclaim that from HMRC later.

Do you think im better off waiting for the items to be avalible in the UK?

I’ve used them in the past and often wondered why they were not a top dealer with folks on here when we were in EU.

You will get stung with vat/ charges wherever you go if buying silver from a dealer now.

Might be worth putting a wanted ad in sales section if it’s just bullion you are after, probably get a better deal

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

On 27/02/2021 at 13:04, theylivewesleep27 said:

Do you think im better off waiting for the items to be avalible in the UK?

Problem is you can't get around the 20% on silver anymore. All you can do is compare costs and see which works out cheaper. Figure out what the cost from the EU dealers is ensuring you add 20% plus at least an £8 handling fee to the total then compare that to what it would cost from a UK dealer with the VAT baked in.

Just placed an (first) order with them. Item is on pre-order, so it will take a while until I'll find.

Edit:

Payment receipt confirmation received within hours.

Edited by Ceaiu

• 2 weeks later...

So far, not good... not good at all.

The order I have placed (two weeks ago) on the 10oz Una is still Awaiting delivery with no clear date for receival mentioned.

I tried to call them, and the line is either busy or no one is answering on the English branch of the IVR.

Emailed them last week, and immediately got a automated reply saying that they may take up to 72 hours to respond... but more time passed and nothing.

Minutes ago I've sent them another email saying I want to cancel my order. Received the same automated reply.

Let's see!  

I've never dealt with the above company before but what I do know is (from experience with another dealer) is my order was not cancellable due to it being a precious metal and price fluctuations. Mite be worth checking there t&c and your contract from them. Atb BST 

20 hours ago, Ceaiu said:

They're showing the same 31 or 32 days for two weeks now.

I ordered Una bars from another dealer, and also waiting, at the moment they indicate end of March as possible delivery. In present circumstances with virus and after-Brexit, I don't expect much of delivery time, if I buy pre-sale item...

As to the metalmarket.eu, I've started buying from them not long ago, but already 2 orders were delivered successfully, and 2 more are waiting delivery.

So far I do like this dealer 🤞 They have good prices, shipping cost, and, very importantly, great coins assortment. Quite surprisingly, this is the only European dealer i could find selling Una gold bar, for example. They also list new issues among the first, like recently Robin Hood, Buffalo Big 5 and  Rectangular Dragon 2021...

Things to note from previous experience from buying from outside the UK. You will pay a 20% VAT tax when goods enter the UK, you will pay a charge to the shipping company as a admin fee and sometimes a customs charge depending on value of goods. Ive ordered from Germany and it took 16days from purchase to delivery.

Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, ak74 said:

I ordered Una bars from another dealer, and also waiting, at the moment they indicate end of March as possible delivery. In present circumstances with virus and after-Brexit, I don't expect much of delivery time, if I buy pre-sale item...

As to the metalmarket.eu, I've started buying from them not long ago, but already 2 orders were delivered successfully, and 2 more are waiting delivery.

So far I do like this dealer 🤞 They have good prices, shipping cost, and, very importantly, great coins assortment. Quite surprisingly, this is the only European dealer i could find selling Una gold bar, for example. They also list new issues among the first, like recently Robin Hood, Buffalo Big 5 and  Rectangular Dragon 2021...

Yes, they do have many new coins, but this is also because they are rushing with listing on the website.

You did recommend a German site (auragentum) from where I've received minutes ago a rectangular gold dragon. And they were very prompt in answering emails. And they also have a good selection. I bet Una bar will show up on their website when delivery is known.

1 hour ago, Ceaiu said:

You did recommend a German site (auragentum) from where I've received minutes ago a rectangular gold dragon. And they were very prompt in answering emails. And they also have a good selection. I bet Una bar will show up on their website when delivery is known.

For sure, you are right, lack of proper communication is not a good thing, I've just not needed one from metalmarket yet... And communication with auragentum have been always indeed prompt and smooth, except one case when for some reason my e-mails got to their spam folder :)) As to the Una bar, quite possible you are right, but in this case I was just afraid that 4k mintage could be not enough for every dealer, bearing in mind all the hype around any Una :))

Anyway, of course, when i decide to buy a certain coin, i look through my "personal list" of dealers, to compare prices, etc. Metalmarket at the moment is in the list.

Btw, one more quite ïnteresting" dealer, in terms of price and assortment, i've discovered for myself recently, is the Engel Coins from Germany. Actually I've ordered Una silver bars from them :)

https://www.muenzen-engel.de/

direct link for new arrivals:

https://www.muenzen-engel.de/neuheiten.html

• 11 months later...

I tried this shop, the prices were to good to not give it a shot. The delivery time was indeed long, but the package evetually arrived, so no problem there. 

The problem, however was, that all coins were in very bad shape :( Coins without the original capsules (that I specifically ordered with extra capsules) had milk spots and arrived in not well fitting capsules of very low quality and scrateched surfaces. And even those coins with original sealed capsules had the capsules scratched and scraped. I think it just shows how the coins are being handled. 

I guess I would not have a problem buying cheap stuff for the silver weight of it. But any nicer high premium coin is an absolute waste of money here....

3 hours ago, Lexx said:

The problem, however was, that all coins were in very bad shape

That is kind of strange, I've had 15+ orders with MM so far, for high premium coins as well, and without any issues as in your case. Anyway I think you could contact them to find a solution.

Yes, I would drop them an email. I’ve not used since Brexit but found my orders prior to this fine. Hope you get it sorted. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly