• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 13,000+ forum members.

for exchange 1oz Gold for Silver Trade

Topic will be automatically locked at 00:00

I was thinking about selling some 1 oz silver coins to get some gold but do you think you can go just a little higher than the £21.09 an oz you are offering?

I could sell about 52 of my 1 oz brits and give you £1400 for an oz of gold then you can use the cash to get silver.

You never know you might get some 1 oz brits for spot so could work out better for you.

I feel a fairest way to do a trade like this is to find the cheapest 1oz gold coin, lets say a gold Britannia is currently £1350. (at time of posting) https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/2021-gold-coins/2021-uk-britannia-1oz-gold-coin

The cheapest silver per ounce is £26.69 (at time of posting) https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/silver/pre-owned-silver-coins/pre-owned-austrian-philharmonic-1oz-silver-coin

1350 / 26.69 = 50.58. 

round up to 51 oz silver coins for every 1 oz gold coin.

unfortunately premiums for silver coins are high right now... premiums may come down, silver or gold may go up... but who knows, one can only speculate.

Your link for harmonics is £28.80 rounded to nearest coin is 47. If the guy wants 60 the fairest way to do it is most expensive gold coin as any is stated an cheapest silver as any respected is stated.@SilverPrinceneeds to be more clear on his parameters though as where does any 2021 gold coin end. Is it any bullion coin? He should compile a list it will take him 5 mins.......all these coins;   

any 1 for any 60 1oz coins 

4 hours ago, Squalleonhart said:

Your link for harmonics is £28.80 rounded to nearest coin is 47. If the guy wants 60 the fairest way to do it is most expensive gold coin as any is stated an cheapest silver as any respected is stated.@SilverPrinceneeds to be more clear on his parameters though as where does any 2021 gold coin end. Is it any bullion coin? He should compile a list it will take him 5 mins.......all these coins;   

any 1 for any 60 1oz coins 

From the Atkinson link you will see you get volume discounts if multiple coins are ordered. Yes £28.80 for a single coin, but £26.62 if 50+ coins are ordered. 

It is up to @SilverPrince to set his swap figures but 60 silver ounces for an ounce of gold compared to spot gold / silver ratio is not out of line.

It is however not an exchange that would appeal to me because you can buy gold very close to spot but definitely not silver coins ignoring the VAT ( which is becoming impossible now ).
The price I could get from a bullion dealer ( dealers only buy at spot and not higher ) for 60 silver coins today is only £1,164
A 1 oz bullion gold coin might cost £1,300 from the same dealer so you need to find a further £136.

If I was desperate enough to want to dump 60 ounces of silver this exchange seems mildly attractive compared to selling to a dealer.
However to tempt me ( and others I am sure ) to dig up the treasure chest, the exchange has to be nearer 50 rather than 60 ounces of silver.
Maybe there is an improved deal to swap more gold for more silver ??

The deal is definitely biassed in favour of getting silver cheaper than anywhere else.