• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Have I jumped into a trap?

Scaffstacker

I’m new to the precious metal game as you will tell and judge me as you will, I ordered and payed for a 100g silver metalor bar for £90 delivered in the uk,insured but not tracked, I didn’t receive it today unfortunately, I know there’s local post office problems, but I can’t help assume I’ve been scammed with my first purchase on here, any help is appreciated.

• Founder & Administrator

Sorry to hear that an item you have ordered from another member hasn't arrived yet.

Unfortunately if you choose anything other that Royal Mail Special Delivery, it won't be insured for precious metals. This is stated in the UK QuickStart guide, titled 'Quickstart Guide - Please read this basic info before trading' and found pinned in the UK trade section. 

If you have purchased from a well established long standing member, with Premium Membership, it is unlikely that the seller has not sent the item. It is more likely that it may have been lost or delayed in the postal system. If it doesn't arrive you would need to speak with the seller, as TSF do not mediate any trades. You may also wish to choose Special Delivery, and pay for the extra for the shipping that includes insurance as mentioned in the QuickStart guide. 

Please however report any suspicious messages, or if you believe the Moderators should be made aware of a message thread / seller, so we are aware. Anyone found to be scamming members will of course be removed.

As well as the QuickStart guide also note the following topics:

I would also kindly ask that you have read the forum rules that you agreed to when creating an account and have confirmed you have read, so that you are aware. Particular around the rules on trading and associated risks. Again I would advise members to always choose Royal Mail Special Delivery when shipping UK to UK, so that it is insured (note that at the time of writing up to £500 is covered as standard, and can be upgraded to up to £1000 cover or £2500 of cover by the sender, for an additional charge)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

15 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Sorry to hear that an item you have ordered from another member hasn't arrived yet.

Unfortunately if you choose anything other that Royal Mail Special Delivery, it won't be insured for precious metals. This is stated in the UK QuickStart guide, titled 'Quickstart Guide - Please read this basic info before trading' and found pinned in the UK trade section. 

If you have purchased from a well established long standing member, with Premium Membership, it is unlikely that the seller has not sent the item. It is more likely that it may have been lost or delayed in the postal system. If it doesn't arrive you would need to speak with the seller, as TSF do not mediate any trades. You may also wish to choose Special Delivery, and pay for the extra for the shipping that includes insurance as mentioned in the QuickStart guide. 

Please however report any suspicious messages, or if you believe the Moderators should be made aware of a message thread / seller, so we are aware. Anyone found to be scamming members will of course be removed.

As well as the QuickStart guide also note the following topics:

I would also kindly ask that you have read the forum rules that you agreed to when creating an account and have confirmed you have read, so that you are aware. Particular around the rules on trading and associated risks. Again I would advise members to always choose Royal Mail Special Delivery when shipping UK to UK, so that it is insured (note that at the time of writing up to £500 is covered as standard, and can be upgraded to up to £1000 cover or £2500 of cover by the sender, for an additional charge)

Thank you Chris and sorry to trouble you, thanks for the detailed explanation, and I’m not advertising the site in a bad way, it turns out my next day delivery has been held in a local office due to an Covid outbreak Between staff.

54 minutes ago, Scaffstacker said:

I can’t help assume I’ve been scammed with my first purchase on here...

i am sorry but i could not help but laugh - not b/c you might have been scammed but b/c it would have been so extremely unlikely.
Carry on buying here. 

tenor.gif

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, Scaffstacker said:

Thank you Chris and sorry to trouble you, thanks for the detailed explanation, and I’m not advertising the site in a bad way, it turns out my next day delivery has been held in a local office due to an Covid outbreak Between staff.

That's good you know now where it is

I went back and found the sales thread, personally I would stick to paypal with anyone with low feedback even if I had to to pay a little more to cover fees, worth having extra protection

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Always pay a bit extra for special delivery signed 1st class etc. My postie was late today but didn’t have a PM’s drop unfortunately. Bought 25 1oz silver kangaroos a week ago just before the silver shutdown that haven’t arrived still. Purchased 3 1oz covid art bars on the forum on Friday that won’t be shipped until Monday. I also bought an expensive 45 year old bottle whisky for the other collection that I will wait for eagerly counting down the days and hours until the arrivals. Patience is a virtue and all good things come to those that wait. So they say! 😁 enjoy the forum there are good people on here. There is always a chance of being scammed in everything we buy. I had two semi expensive bottles of macallan whisky stolen by someone at Royal Mail some years ago on delivery from a big seller. I got them replaced luckily. Not had any issues here so far but it’s always a risk so be extra cautious.  Happy Stacking. 👍

Ive bought on here from: Cyprus (I think) near the end of November and it took moons to arrive.

Also bought here from individual UK people and, sometimes you get it rapid, sometimes theres and unforseen delay.

Started stacking last year and have had delays and swiftness.

The forum is a great place to buy, have faith...but choose special Del in future for peace of mind

The chances are pretty slim that you have been scammed by a forum member - any delivery service is a different matter.  

I have previously documented my experiences with a forum member where he sent me gold and my payment didn’t arrive to him.  He was a gent and despite me trying to pay him again he just waited until my payment arrived.  

I would definitely read the buy / sell guidelines and look at the topics around postage and insurance.  Plus look at member feedback.

Special deliver in my experience is the most reliable way to take delivery of expensive portable items.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I always wince a bit when someone buying from me chooses anything but special delivery - I always make a point that its completly at risk and there is zero chance of any compensation in the case of loss. But its completely upto the buyer.

Do you save a few quid each delivery and hope for the best or pay a few quid extra and have protection? You pay your money and take your chances.

Buying silver from actual people and not a service like Amazon, there can be a few days delay due to getting to the post office etc. 

Saturday deliveries are only guaranteed for SD if you pay extra...

Buying on Thursday/Friday and expecting Saturday is a stretch tbh. I am not saying you have or have not been "scammed" but I would be annoyed if it was me selling you the silver and you started this post. Just my opinion. 

No one can blame you for worrying or over thinking on one of your first deals from an unofficial source.
Collecting pm is a long waiting game you will need to get used to.

You wait until payday so you can afford to buy. You wait for the right deal, you wait for it to arrive, you wait for it to appreciate in value.  It’s non stop waiting 😂

Thank you guys for all the help and advice, I’ve come to the conclusion I’m far too inpatient and just wanted to start stacking haha, I’ve had a lot going on with putting the dog down the other day. 
thanks again for all the advice.

Thank you guys for all the help and advice, I’ve come to the conclusion I’m far too inpatient and just wanted to start stacking haha, I’ve had a lot going on with putting the dog down the other day. 

It is very infectious once you start as well! 

I have had a right mare with deliveries since just before Christmas, had things take between a few days and nearly a month! Just one more I am waiting for, so they are getting there in the end. Anything over £50 and i will usually ask for it to be sent special delivery, which i have never had an issue with.

On 07/02/2021 at 13:54, Scaffstacker said:

Sorry to hear about the pooch bud. 

As for the metal, I personally don't even think about my purchases on here as bought from established folk and just leave it until the thud on the doormat. It's an intuitive thing for me, Spidey senses don't tingle at all. Alhough if I did tingle thinking about forum members I'd probably have to take a break from the place anyway...

Update on my first proper (nice lump) purchase of silver, so after it being held at my local depot since Saturday due to a corona outbreak at the depot, it had an attempted delivery yesterday at 11:50,

quite an awkward time and to top it off after going to the depot after work at 16:30 to learn you can only collect items up until 12pm daily, unless it’s Thursday they are open there original hours, no wonder they are struggling there not letting you collect your parcels well running half day hours. 
and when I select the redelivery option I’m told it’s unavailable, lord give me strength! And I’m not even religious.

Ah what a pain.  Hopefully you get it sorted in the next day or so.  Is there someone in the house you can send to collect the parcel for you?

We do that, as our post office is only down the road and often I will go grab wife's things and she goes to get mine.  Think you just need to give the other person some ID.

If it helps, my one ounce gold purchase (dealer not from here) from last week hasn't even been sent out yet 😞

Update on my first proper (nice lump) purchase of silver, so after it being held at my local depot since Saturday due to a corona outbreak at the depot, it had an attempted delivery yesterday at 11:50,

quite an awkward time and to top it off after going to the depot after work at 16:30 to learn you can only collect items up until 12pm daily, unless it’s Thursday they are open there original hours, no wonder they are struggling there not letting you collect your parcels well running half day hours. 
and when I select the redelivery option I’m told it’s unavailable, lord give me strength! And I’m not even religious.

Where do you live Timbuktu? 😂 not having much luck. It will all be worth it when you get your paws on it. 

Archived