• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying gold coin from EU with Goldsilver.be

Cscratchy

Just recently, i attempted to purchase a half ounce gold maple leaf from Goldsilver.be, I was previously registered but when I went to checkout, my profile had an error in my address. Seems they had removed United Kingdom from the drop down list of countries. I emailed them today to find out that they have suspended B2C to the UK, due to long delays shipping. So much for Norther Ireland staying in the customs union. Wonder if other sellers are doing the same and refusing to take UK orders.

41 minutes ago, Cscratchy said:

Just recently, i attempted to purchase a half ounce gold maple leaf from Goldsilver.be, I was previously registered but when I went to checkout, my profile had an error in my address. Seems they had removed United Kingdom from the drop down list of countries. I emailed them today to find out that they have suspended B2C to the UK, due to long delays shipping. So much for Norther Ireland staying in the customs union. Wonder if other sellers are doing the same and refusing to take UK orders.

I don't know about Europe, but world wide dealers couldn't give a hoot about Brexit.  I took delivery of coins from the US and Australia this week.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

5 hours ago, dicker said:

I don't know about Europe, but world wide dealers couldn't give a hoot about Brexit.  I took delivery of coins from the US and Australia this week.

Best

Dicker

@dicker what extra costs incurred mate ?

Been looking at coins from the US 🇺🇸 

Cheers.

Joe.

So it’s a little painful - basically pay hefty shipping charges and VAT on the coins that I purchased.   Remember this is a complicated are - and has been covered previously.  Different  duty on different coins from different countries.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

17 hours ago, Cscratchy said:

Why buy gold from Europe when its generally cheaper to buy in the UK???🤔

On 07/02/2021 at 08:39, Coolsmp said:

Why buy gold from Europe when its generally cheaper to buy in the UK???🤔

Was looking at a half ounce gold Maple Leaf and availability wise Europe had it, UK out of stock. I found the pricing very close between UK "free shipping" and EU £20ish shipping charges.

Ended up buying a half ounce gold Britannia from Atkinsons, might chance it from EU next one

Archived