• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New members/visitors, hello!

I posted this as a reply in the trade section, I hope the mods don’t mind it here. It’s a good idea to read the forum ‘rules’ before posting as this will guide you but here’s my 2 pence:

Dudes and dudettes, as a friendly piece of advice; web forums generally have an unspoken etiquette whereby old threads (necro-threads, “holy thread resurrection Batman!” etc) are not replied to unless something super poignant/relevant will really add to the conversation. That way new threads aren’t drowned out with old content and the forum is kept relatively neat. Nothing wrong with reading old stuff, I encourage it in fact as it helps users to learn good info, but if you have a question or a point to make then it’s usually best to start your own thread. With the trade section of a precious metal forum this is even more prevalent as the price of the stuff we like so much fluctuates, sometimes wildly. A seller will usually list as ‘completed’ if the sale isn’t still ongoing but often not, and once a certain amount of time passes they lose the ability to do so. If a sales thread is more than a few weeks old it’s likely not active.

The intention here is not to mock, just thought it may help.

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks Liam. I will pin this topic for the moment.

Usually the forum software auto locks old trade listings (of 30 days) and automatically changes the prefix to ‘Closed’ and posts a reply from the system in the topic without bumping it.

Due to an upgrade in forum software and several old plugins/applications not being compatible, they require a developer (the original author of the work) to recode it for the latest software version. Unfortunately these developers, whist really good at their work, are very slow. 

The good news is that a recent developer has recently started working on the TSF list of backend work to be done, the first item that I have asked them to address is the trade listings being automatically marked as ‘Closed’ if they are 30 days old. So please be aware that currently when viewing the trade section some older listings may show as ‘for sale’ but the seller has not marked as ‘completed’ or ‘withdraw’ and the system hasn’t automatically closed, the items in these listings may therefore not be available for sale anymore, as they are old listings. You can check the date the topic was posted by viewing the time stamp.

Those searching the forum for items to buy, there are a lot of new listings and plenty of items for sale from forum members. To see the latest listings from members you can upgrade to Premium Membership to see new trade listings immediately.

In the mean time, sellers wishing to close an old listing (over 30 days) please hit the report button and myself or another member of the Moderation team will be able to mark it as closed for you :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme