• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Henry VII Sovereign Royal Mint Auction March 4

CoinStruck

A video from the Royal Mint just popped up on YouTube.

They are auctioning an exceptionally rare Henry VII sovereign on March 4th. Starting price £950,000 and they expect it to sell much higher breaking last years £1 million record sale price for the Edward VIII sovereign. 

9ABE3B9A-04AD-4C4F-9458-1576579C2016.jpeg

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

https://www.royalmint.com/collect/auction/?fbclid=IwAR0XqADoHoLh5fVyiIMwiSM8nehjDCOFkCgx3QUrxflOhnp7MtJ-zjhoAU0

Henry-VII-sovereign-side-1.jpg

Henry VII Sovereign Type 2

This spectacular gold Sovereign was ordered by Henry VII and produced from 28 October 1489.
When this coin was struck it weighed approximately 15.3 grammes and had a diameter of approximately 40 millimetres.
The Sovereign was issued in gold of approximately 23 1/3 carat fineness (0.995 fine).
The chain of ownership of this coin can be traced back to the Victorian era through six, named collectors.
The coin has been assessed and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation as AU50.

What a beauty ! 

RYI_Split-Feature-Banner-Desktop-and-Mobile-1200×475.jpg

Might wait until MS70 comes along :) 

On 04/02/2021 at 11:30, Paul said:

https://www.royalmint.com/collect/auction/?fbclid=IwAR0XqADoHoLh5fVyiIMwiSM8nehjDCOFkCgx3QUrxflOhnp7MtJ-zjhoAU0

Henry-VII-sovereign-side-1.jpg

Henry VII Sovereign Type 2

This spectacular gold Sovereign was ordered by Henry VII and produced from 28 October 1489.
When this coin was struck it weighed approximately 15.3 grammes and had a diameter of approximately 40 millimetres.
The Sovereign was issued in gold of approximately 23 1/3 carat fineness (0.995 fine).
The chain of ownership of this coin can be traced back to the Victorian era through six, named collectors.
The coin has been assessed and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation as AU50.

What a beauty ! 

RYI_Split-Feature-Banner-Desktop-and-Mobile-1200×475.jpg

Might wait until MS70 comes along :) 

I’ll go for the proof set 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm waiting for an ms70 to show up on fleabay

I think I just saw one.  Hard to tell, the photo was really blurry, although I think I could still make out the WRL stamped on it.  Claims it was a metal-detecting find. 😇

3 hours ago, SidS said:

Do you have any sealed mint rolls of these for sale? 😉

Not with me right now. But I’ll stroll down to my local locker this weekend and see what I can find - I’m sure I remember chucking a couple rolls in there.

21 minutes ago, evende said:

Or a carded one?

The only cards I have are Christmas cards from Henry VII. Would you be interested in those?

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Maybe the madness in the coin market has topped out? 

It’s very possible. At the rate the world is going with the effects of climate change already wreaking havoc, warnings of worse pandemics to come, curbs on freedoms, movement of goods, etc., you wonder if the rich elites who purchase coins like these as investments are refraining from doing so as they don’t see these objects being worth as much in the future in the grand scheme of things.

Of course, in a romantic sense, collectors like us would say these things are invaluable, priceless. Realistically though their true worth lies in how much people are willing to pay.