• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

To be honest, if this pumps when I hold mostly Gold and a little bit of Silver ill be disappointed.

If any of you Reddit Wallstreetbet people are looking in here… What you doing? Help a brother out? Pump they Gold Futures! Forget Silver! Gold is the source of the truth, the future, the almighty, the bankers nightmare!

p.s. If any government agency is looking at this post; I may or may not own any metals or intend to advocate manipulation. I cannot confirm or deny that any of this message is true.

Silver is shorted to a greater extent than gold and a far smaller market, therefore easier to influence as I understand. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Silver is shorted to a greater extent than gold and a far smaller market, therefore easier to influence as I understand. 

And although Govts hold tonnes of Gold they want to keep their Ponzi currency going. It’s just their insurance and what the global currency reset will revert to. It all comes back to Gold.

If Silver went to $1,000 an oz don’t believe that gold won’t increase in line with with, probably more. The Govts won’t miss out on their new Class A asset doing rather well. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

40 minutes ago, kimchi said:

They usually sell as much as they can to folks like Soros, and at a low price because he's doing them such a 'favour' :(

Gordon Brown certainly did. The muppet (or puppet 🤔).

2 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Gordon Brown certainly did. The muppet (or puppet 🤔).

Did he? Sorry I may have got Soros mixed up with Black Wednesday in 1992 when we crashed out of the ERM. I'd just started my politics and economics studies and all our classes on the Tuesday were cancelled, we just all sat in class in absolute disbelief (my teacher was into shares and white as a sheet) watching the news roll in by the hour as Norman Lamont spent all our tax money in a completely futile 'attempt' to prop up the pound, which promptly collapsed the next day. Funnily enough all the big financiers knew it was going to happen in advance (as did a classroom of newbie students) and bet their houses on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday

Lamont's Wikipedia page is incredibly kind to him (as is the above linked version of events) and hardly mentions it. He must have done something right though because he was made a Baron and member of the Privy Council, is now director of a hedge fund (!) and has various other high-level financial activities. Before entering Parliament he worked for Rothschild Investment Bank and became Director of Rothschild Asset Management (RAM). He first stood for KIngston, Hull (Prescott's seat) but that didn't work so he went for Kingston-upon-Thames instead. Before that he was chairman of the Bow Group 'think tank' (I think we all know some of what those are).

I am sure that Brown like Lamont (and prolific paedo and child murderer Ted Heath, who took us into the EEC on very unfavourable terms) knew exactly what they were doing, told to or not, and I'm extremely suspicious of what's going on right now...

14 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Did he? Sorry I may have got Soros mixed up with Black Wednesday in 1992 when we crashed out of the ERM. I'd just started my politics and economics studies and all our classes on the Tuesday were cancelled, we just all sat in class in absolute disbelief (my teacher was into shares and white as a sheet) watching the news roll in by the hour as Norman Lamont spent all our tax money in a completely futile 'attempt' to prop up the pound, which promptly collapsed the next day. Funnily enough all the big financiers knew it was going to happen in advance (as did a classroom of newbie students) and bet their houses on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday

Lamont's Wikipedia page is incredibly kind to him (as is the above linked version of events) and hardly mentions it. He must have done something right though because he was made a Baron and member of the Privy Council, is now director of a hedge fund (!) and has various other high-level financial activities. Before entering Parliament he worked for Rothschild Investment Bank and became Director of Rothschild Asset Management (RAM). He first stood for KIngston, Hull (Prescott's seat) but that didn't work so he went for Kingston-upon-Thames instead. Before that he was chairman of the Bow Group 'think tank' (I think we all know some of what those are).

I am sure that Brown like Lamont (and prolific paedo and child murderer Ted Heath, who took us into the EEC on very unfavourable terms) knew exactly what they were doing, told to or not, and I'm extremely suspicious of what's going on right now...

“Browns Bottom” - sold a load of U.K. gold rather cheap. I’m sure we should have kept hold of it 😉 

7 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

“Browns Bottom” - sold a load of U.K. gold rather cheap. I’m sure we should have kept hold of it 😉 

I remember, though I was partying abroad at the time and wasn't studying. Who bought it, any idea? Nearly 400 tonnes at an average of $275 an ounce. And, just reading about it now, it seems advertising the huge dump in advance led to price drops and short-selling, you just couldn't make it up.

57 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Gold price peaked last year, Dozy Doris Johnson Purchased 3.5 Billion Pounds worth of Gold from Russia ? So here in the UK we Sell when prices are Low and Buy when Prices are High.  I am Confused Coinster's .

You me both Graham. Anyone would think they are trying to bring our Great country down 🤦‍♂️ 

20 hours ago, Stu said:

well, considering that Gold has been deliberately sold at record lows between Central Banks throughout the years as a means to keep the price down/manipulated I would say Gold is the primary asset of manipulation and influence. Silver is just weird in my opinion, it never brings me confidence, although it has massive short positions its too easy to manipulate and control due to its smaller market. Thats why I never throw a lot of fiat into the Gentlemans metal. Its the King metal for me.

• Founder & Administrator
Just now, Paul said:

i hope we are on double time today @ChrisSilver :) for all the content, links, vids and analysis we've done !!! im goosed !! 

Right now: 190 members online, with an additional 347 guests online.

754 users online in the last 24 hours.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Eye-opener.. (trust CNBC)

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

To our valued customers, 
APMEX Statement On Current Market Conditions:

In the last week, we have seen a dramatic shift in Silver demand from our customers. For example, the ratio of ounces sold per day was running about two times earlier in the week and closer to four times the average demand by the end of the week. Once markets closed on Friday, we saw demand hit as much as six times a typical business day and more than 12 times a normal weekend day. Combined with the extremely high demand levels, we are also seeing a surge in new customers. On Saturday alone, we added as many new customers as we usually add in a week. 

Any Precious Metal dealer will take a long position in the futures market to protect against spot price exposure when the markets open. We do this because it is our goal not to take a speculative position on metal. The weekends are unique as we are not able to real-time hedge our position. We took an aggressive position this weekend, but clearly could not have predicted the volumes that were seen. We have partnerships around to world that allowed us to cover these long positions, but only to a point. Once we exceeded our comfort levels, we had little choice but to stop the sale of Silver on our website. This was a difficult decision to make and unprecedented in our history. 

As we evaluate the markets, it is difficult to know where Silver's price and demand will go in the coming day and weeks. APMEX is highly capitalized and has more than $150 million in inventory to support demand. We have made strategic decisions to procure additional metal, locking up any metal we can find in the market place. We suspect premiums will rise and rise quickly, as we are seeing significant increases in our costs, when we can even locate the metal. It is also highly likely that we will need an additional day or two to fill orders based on current order counts. The one guarantee we can make to our customers is that you will only be sold metal that is on-site, or we have procured the metal with a firm commitment date from our partners. In markets like this, we feel this is the best approach a retailer can take, as no one can predict product availability.

We want to thank our customers for their patience and understanding during these turbulent times. APMEX prides itself on best in class service and delivering on promises to our customers. 
Sincerely,

Ken Lewis
CEO, APMEX

https://milled.com/apmex/an-important-message-from-apmex-tL9T7gtXr5FjXooA

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 30/01/2021 at 23:33, Minimalist said:

To be honest, if this pumps when I hold mostly Gold and a little bit of Silver ill be disappointed.

If any of you Reddit Wallstreetbet people are looking in here… What you doing? Help a brother out? Pump they Gold Futures! Forget Silver! Gold is the source of the truth, the future, the almighty, the bankers nightmare!

p.s. If any government agency is looking at this post; I may or may not own any metals or intend to advocate manipulation. I cannot confirm or deny that any of this message is true.

I lurk (and occasionally comment) both here and on Reddit. The consensus view of /r/wallstreetbets is that Citadel, the company that bailed out Melvin Capital (the big hedge fund that shorted GameStop), have a significant holding of either physical or SLV, and are trying to spread FUD in the media to pump up silver and recoup their losses. CNBC's Jim Cramer has previously said about how when he was a hedge fund manager they'd leak false information to the media to get markets to move in the way that they want.

I'm now laughing at the reddit crowd. My gut feeling is they've all been done up like kippers. The hedge funds have pulled out of GME and the only people holding this c**p stock are the retail investors. It isn't going to sky rocket, it's going to wander about a bit and then crash and burn. 

The winners? Gamestop, because they sold enough extra shares to stave off going out of business, and the brokers, fx providers and clearing houses who have made huge profits from the increase in trades. 

Losers? Anyone still holding GME stock thinking they are part of some sort of rebel army and thinking they are going to be rich. 

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

I'm now laughing at the reddit crowd

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

Losers? Anyone still holding GME stock thinking they are part of some sort of rebel army and thinking they are going to be rich. 

I always find it weird when people laugh at the lower classes.

2 hours ago, Kraken said:

I lurk (and occasionally comment) both here and on Reddit. The consensus view of /r/wallstreetbets is that Citadel, the company that bailed out Melvin Capital (the big hedge fund that shorted GameStop), have a significant holding of either physical or SLV, and are trying to spread FUD in the media to pump up silver and recoup their losses. CNBC's Jim Cramer has previously said about how when he was a hedge fund manager they'd leak false information to the media to get markets to move in the way that they want.

Its clear that wallstreetbets are not fully aware of the system they are under. Gold is the universal stick of value and the anthesis of credit. But since Silver is shorter and easier to manipulate they are playing into Hedge Funds hands, if this is the case with SLV.

2 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

people are not laughing at the lower classes, they are laughing at the actions of a few.

there's a way to do things, and then there's the 'cut off your nose to spite your face' approach.

Dont tell me people arent when I have seen this repeatedly on social media, mainstream media and other aspects of social interactions. It must give you great discomfort typing up "theres a way to do things" when we are enslaved under this fiat barter system that perputates classism which serves no purpose other than the elite deceiving people into economic slavery at their expense. Your assumptions are not only immoral but also astonishing.

2 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

I'm now laughing at the reddit crowd. My gut feeling is they've all been done up like kippers. The hedge funds have pulled out of GME and the only people holding this c**p stock are the retail investors. It isn't going to sky rocket, it's going to wander about a bit and then crash and burn. 

The winners? Gamestop, because they sold enough extra shares to stave off going out of business, and the brokers, fx providers and clearing houses who have made huge profits from the increase in trades. 

We will need to see what short positions are left 

Wouldn't gamestop have to announce a new issuing of shares?

From reading reddit and looking at the news

• WSB: hold $gme silver is being pumped by hedge funds
  • Media: $gme 30% down! reddit movies to silver!

The media is hedge funds narrative so I would go with they're stuck in shorts still, badly

But we shall see and maybe there's some factual data

Volume is low today on gamestop

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

It looks like there's a fight going on within Reddit between the Wallstreetbets and Wallstreetsilver forums. The bets people are backing GME and claiming that the silver people are diverting attention. The silver people are saying that GME is just one company and one hedge fund and they have bigger targets in their sights.

On the whole it looks to me like the GME move is over. A squeeze is like a bubble: you get parabolic rises and then suckers get pulled in near the top, and then the price returns to fair value. GME is not worth anything like its current price. Silver will probably benefit from a push, and then fall back again. The difference is that silver is undervalued and is a good hold for the longer term.

Unless we can produce short data we're guessing

Looking at twitter and data they're screenshotting theyre still 121% short

Or at least the float is short 121%, if that means something different

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Dont tell me people arent when I have seen this repeatedly on social media, mainstream media and other aspects of social interactions. It must give you great discomfort typing up "theres a way to do things" when we are enslaved under this fiat barter system that perputates classism which serves no purpose other than the elite deceiving people into economic slavery at their expense. Your assumptions are not only immoral but also astonishing.

You do talk an awful lot of old tosh, comrade. 🤦

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use