• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Griffin of Edward III 2021 out today

Augustus1

got a call @ 9 am this morning from RM to advise this is now for sale, i understand this will be silver / gold proof version only?, too expensive really but i have had to have it to complete the 1/4 oz proof  collection, this will be my last !

wow gold  kilo version sold out already??!!

dean.m

Direct link 1 oz Silver Proof coin https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-griffin-of-edward-III/2021-uk-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

The links from RM not currently working to the Griffin proof coins https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-griffin-of-edward-III/

44 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

wow gold  kilo version sold out already??!!

I don't think it has sold out on the websit states request a call back.

Edited by Abyss

15 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Direct link 1 oz Silver Proof coin https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-griffin-of-edward-III/2021-uk-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

The links from RM not currently working to the Griffin proof coins https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-griffin-of-edward-III/

hi abyss, thats changed since this morning it "was unavailable " when i first looked , sill at RRP: £65,275 - Limited Edition 10 well out of my league lol

dean.m

Hey, is the 1/4oz worth picking up and grading or not? seem to be a high premium on these and not sure how well this series sell?

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

Griffin is the most popular design of the 10 designs, these have the lowest (shared anyway) mintage of the 10 coins in 1/4 oz proof and its the last chance to get them, I think they will do well - not financial advice of course but I think they are a good shout. 

Only downside is that they are £605 which is considerably more than the first issuing at £465

But, gold has gone up £400/oz since then!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

38 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Griffin is the most popular design of the 10 designs, these have the lowest (shared anyway) mintage of the 10 coins in 1/4 oz proof and its the last chance to get them, I think they will do well - not financial advice of course but I think they are a good shout. 

Only downside is that they are £605 which is considerably more than the first issuing at £465

But, gold has gone up £400/oz since then!

I agree totally with Mr BYB! This is only my opinion but I would think that the more sought after of the Queens Beasts collection are the English Lion, the Griffin, and a close third would be the Red Dragon Of Wales, maybe a slight difference in collectability between the bullion coins and the proof coins, but again IMHO, and this is just my opinion, the Griffin would be a good one to have in most of it's denominations and sizes, as probably the most sought after one in the collection and it is also the last proof of the series to come out, even though the bullion was the second coin out of the ten in the series that was released.   

Snagged a 1 gold and silver. Already had a dispatch notice from DHL, much surprised. Hopefully will get one they have not used as a puck before leaving Wales.😃

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Snagged a 1 gold and silver. Already had a dispatch notice from DHL, much surprised. Hopefully will get one they have not used as a puck before leaving Wales.😃

wow, i was told 10 day delivery by angela on the phone this morning!( for my gold 1/4 oz)

dean.m

5 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

wow, i was told 10 day delivery by angela on the phone this morning!( for my gold 1/4 oz)

dean.m

It said 10 days on the website also!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

39 minutes ago, JosephM said:

What did youse get charged for the 1/4oz gold. I got charged £615 before delivery

hi

i paid just the £605, free delivery , ordering by phone .( normally use quidco but was £ 3 less for new customers only which i am not)

dean.m

hi,strange  dont know why you paid more + postage, as i said it was 605 + 9 postage to west yorks so dont think its to do with location ,but as i phoned delivery was free. you did buy it from official website ?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-griffin-of-edward-III/?__ja=tsid%3a38667|kw%3aE21B8C&utm_medium=email&utm_source=product-launch&utm_campaign=2021-01-com-qb-griffin&utm_content=theme-main-cta1&ca=32401467

dean.m

48 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

gold griffin 1/4 back in stock

Now RM is in the market in toying stock availability huh after changing the mintages for different QB releases...

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

29 minutes ago, HyHy said:

Now RM is in the market in toying stock availability huh after changing the mintages for different QB releases...

I think they have reserved  for some people who have previously bought this 1/4 range , now just being released back to general sales . 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%