• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

EIC Gold Gilded “Una”

diesel

Is anybody else getting sick of the milking of the Una, the EIC versions of this coin are terrible, there’s a reason you see them flooding Facebook pages and eBay, they aren’t collectible and definitely aren’t attractive. 

I’m sorry but this gold gilded Una looks terrible, all these people buying them and asking for 4 half sovereigns or £220 each for them need to take a look in the mirror. I’m seeing £10 BUNC Elton John coins that have been slapped in slabs with people asking £50+ for them, honestly I feel like head butting a pick axe.

The east India company make great coins but in my opinion, THE una to have (apart from an original) is the royal mint one. 

I think it look's fine in hand, Supply and Demand. People can not afford the Royal Mint Version at £7,000 for 2 oz of Silver, so if a coin similar becomes available People jump at the chance to own one Coinster's !!!!!!!!    £125  ONLY !!!  1 oz of Silver !!

diesel , how do you feel about the Queens Beast's, The Black Bull of Clarence £5 Cupro Nickel in RM Package sold for £117 on E Bay, Nil precious Metal ?? Supply and demand Coinster !!!!!

P.S I know Grumpy Dave The Golden turtle has a box of these Queens Beast Cupro Nickel £5 Coins Hidden away .

I have been collecting coins for over 50 years, I thought a coin with a date from 1600's would be worth a fortune, Wrong !! it's the younger generation who are now involved in the coin game , they have sussed that the new release coins can make you a wad overnight thanks to E Bay.

I encourage younger people into coin collecting, they are a lot more savy than us old fart's !!!

Make money when your young, you are bound to impress the ladies or Laddy's , have Fun while your young, I did Coinster's !!!!!!

I've not been a fan of any that have been released in the wake of how popular the Royal Mint's release turned out to be. I get why they exist though I have to admit I wish they didn't. At this point I have to imagine most are being bought to flip. I just hope people are careful because the hype train will end on these Una variants at some point - several of them are not very nice and there is no good reason why they'd hold their value let alone go up long term. I'll congratulate the flippers who are able to make a few ££s but I don't think anyone should be holding any of these long term.

2 hours ago, GrahamDiamond said:

I think it look's fine in hand, Supply and Demand. People can not afford the Royal Mint Version at £7,000 for 2 oz of Silver, so if a coin similar becomes available People jump at the chance to own one Coinster's !!!!!!!!    £125  ONLY !!!  1 oz of Silver !!

I get some people will like the design, everyone has their own taste but it looks absolutely nothing like the Royal Mint version, the Alderney version however is spot on, as for not being able to afford the RM version, I fully understand that but it just bores me that people think it holds any type of premium when it looks absolutely nothing like THE una we all know.

8 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I've not been a fan of any that have been released in the wake of how popular the Royal Mint's release turned out to be. I get why they exist though I have to admit I wish they didn't. At this point I have to imagine most are being bought to flip. I just hope people are careful because the hype train will end on these Una variants at some point - several of them are not very nice and there is no good reason why they'd hold their value let alone go up long term. I'll congratulate the flippers who are able to make a few ££s but I don't think anyone should be holding any of these long term.

Couldn't agree more. 

1 hour ago, GrahamDiamond said:

I have been collecting coins for over 50 years, I thought a coin with a date from 1600's would be worth a fortune, Wrong !! it's the younger generation who are now involved in the coin game , they have sussed that the new release coins can make you a wad overnight thanks to E Bay.

I encourage younger people into coin collecting, they are a lot more savy than us old fart's !!!

Make money when your young, you are bound to impress the ladies or Laddy's , have Fun while your young, I did Coinster's !!!!!!

Great attitude and point, Im just a fat, bald, salty man who doesn't like change haha

Archived