• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Orderable?

Robda1986

Anyone know a rough delivery time frame for bullion from a dealer if it says orderable on the stock holding ? Ordered some full sovereigns but haven't heard anything in just over a week. Given their bullion sovs nothing overly special I'd have thought most companies would have a steady supply or am I just being impatient. First order with them so I kept it small and yes their a genuine dealer and not a pop up shop 

It depends on their supplier situation. During the very start of the pandemic I ordered from Chards and for obvious reasons had to wait longer than normal to receive. They honoured the original price and kept me up to date with the order. Best to contact the seller for a clear idea.

Thanks for the imput it's my first time ordering from them so wasn't sure how they worked. Ie fortnightly or weekly delivery and they add what gets sold during the week or weeks before ordering. Basic stock to order system. Means they wouldn't have excess pm's kicking around. I'm missing the walk into dealer and being able to walk out with bits 

6 hours ago, Tattoedamat said:

You won't have any issues ordering from Chards. @LawrenceChard is on here a fair bit. Their customer service is usually spot on

Thanks @Tattoedamat, for tagging me in so giving me an oppoortunity to comment.
We offer several classes of bullion sovereigns, such as "our choice secondary market", "our choice minty", "2021", etc.

"Our choice secondary market" is usually the lowest price and best value. Demand sometimes/ often exceeds supply. Because we do not have a "supplier", we cannot just pick up the phone and "order" more. Sometimes we are able to buy bulk stock from fellow dealers, but not always. If these are being sourced from outside the UK, it is still difficult to forecast when they can/will be shipped/received, mainly because of travel/transport difficulties relating to Covid.

We are always open to buy secondary market gold sovereigns from the general public or other investors, but cannot force people to sell until they want to.

It follows from this that we do not know when we will be able to fill orders. In an ideal/perfect world, we would either carry enough stock of secondary market sovereigns to meet demand, or be able to source them instantly from fellow dealers, but this is not an ideal/perfect world. If it was that easy, you would be able to buy gold sovereigns from your local paper shop.

We also maintain minimum quality standards, and guarantee that the bullion sovereigns we supply are genuine. Not all our competitors do this or know the difference!

Because of this, when demand does exceed supply, it would be foolish of us to give a delivery date.

Also is an ideal world, we would probably want to keep 1000 our choice secondary market sovereigns in stock (about £320K intrinsic), but there are many other bullion coins we try to maintain stocks of, so we might need £100 million stock rather than £10 million. Even when we do have 1000 our choice secondary market sovereigns in stock, these could sell out in 5 minutes.

Things are slighly easier when it comes to slightly more expensive coins, such as 2021 bullion sovereigns, or gold Britannias, but even with these, we cannot snap our fingers and get next day delivery, unless we are happy to pay £ thousands for a custom Brinks delivery (we were quoted £12K for one about 6 months ago).

There are also bullion products which we do have in stock, and our staff are always happy to try and help. such items might include minty our choice sovereigns, for example, but these would cost more.

I hope some of this helps.

Chards

On 21/01/2021 at 01:37, Robda1986 said:

Anyone know a rough delivery time frame for bullion from a dealer if it says orderable on the stock holding ? Ordered some full sovereigns but haven't heard anything in just over a week. Given their bullion sovs nothing overly special I'd have thought most companies would have a steady supply or am I just being impatient. First order with them so I kept it small and yes their a genuine dealer and not a pop up shop 

I hope your surname isn't Bank!

Chards

Archived