• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint sales soar

Coolsmp

After the announcement of the "DIVERSITY" coin being the favourite design of last year, i cannot believes a word these Royal Mint PR dept. comes out with I afraid

In my experience you mention GOLD to anyone, and they think you have sprouted another head.

Would love someone to bring Gold up with me on my travels, sadly Im still waiting after over ten years plus of stacking 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

In my experience you mention GOLD to anyone, and they think you have sprouted another head.

Agreed. Shame really, but if we actually did sprout another head then we’d all recognise one another and know what to talk about.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

After the announcement of the "DIVERSITY" coin being the favourite design of last year, i cannot believes a word these Royal Mint PR dept. comes out with I afraid

Would love someone to bring Gold up with me on my travels, sadly Im still waiting after over ten years plus of stacking 

I too have found this and also more surprised or maybe I’m not, very few people know the current price of gold.

P.S: I’d rather sprout another head than not have any gold. 😂

8 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I too have found this and also more surprised or maybe I’m not, very few people know the current price of gold.

P.S: I’d rather sprout another head than not have any gold. 😂

Numbers all over the place when I ask. Heard couple K for a kilo lool. I wish

I have learned not to trust everything I read in the media.
If you sell qty 1 of something and then a week later a second item you can report that sales doubled in a week.
When QVC on TV says "half the stock has already gone" there is a mass scramble for the phone as people are panicked believing they are on to a very good thing.
Looking back at the press releases by the usual suspects they associate ups and downs in gold prices to government and political events.
Doesn't matter what they are as it is always a good time to buy but remember these companies are out to SELL so will associate themselves with anything that seems plausible.
Prices go up when there are more buyers and fall when there are more sellers.
Mom & Pop purchases and private buyers of a coin or 2 don't even register on the radar.

I think this is one I would be inclined to believe. There seems to be a madness spreading around at the moment where people are desperate to get rid of their money to buy something - anything. With some of the other things surging in value it makes sense to me that more people would be looking at and buying gold as well.

I have to agree with everything said on this thread.

As a proportion of Royal Mint sales you'd think retail to the general public must be miniscule compared to manufacturing coins for sovereign countries and selling bullion to dealers.

I'm not sure there's a better a set of circumstances for mints at the moment, rising precious metal prices, low interest rates for the next few decades and a genuine world crisis, no wonder the public are going for safe assets like gold and silver.

I will only buy from them as a last resort.  But it's good that their sales have increased, because it should mean that they can keep offering a decent range of PM bullion coins (which I will then choose to buy from Atkinsons or Chards or BBP).

21 hours ago, Paul said:

I was equally surprised by that.  It's a non-design!

On 21/01/2021 at 10:16, Bars said:

Less people that Know is better in a sense. If people flocked to aktins at the like to buy gold we'd be paying more on premiums. 

This appears to already be the case, Atkinsons out of stock of the 1oz 2021 Britannia's, would love to know how many hundreds/thousands they've sold!

Atkinsons customer service advised my order is delayed due to a production backlog at the Royal Mint...

Many are clearly worried about both the efficacy of the vaccine on current and future mutations, ahead of next Autumn/Winter, along with the strength of the £ going forwards.

Archived