• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Wedding Ring

danmc82

My finger has out grown my wedding ring. Strange though as im lighter now then when I got married so its not a weight thing. (Must be a muscle thing lol)

Is there a way to have the ring stretched as opposed to cut to increase the size? Im thinking 1/2 to 1 size bigger.

Its a simple plain wedding band.

5 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

My finger has out grown my wedding ring. Strange though as im lighter now then when I got married so its not a weight thing. (Must be a muscle thing lol)

Is there a way to have the ring stretched as opposed to cut to increase the size? Im thinking 1/2 to 1 size bigger.

Yes, easily, talk to a jewelers....there are ways to sheat then hammer it on a metal stretching rod or reduce on a similar tool.

4 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Remember @GoldBenj 

He would have been the one for that

Sorry I can't help🤦‍♂️

32 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

How long has your finger been too big for it?

1 hour ago, danmc82 said:

You might want to reduce salt intake, that can cause fingers swelling.

2 hours ago, Liam84 said:

How long has your finger been too big for it?

About a year. I can still get it on but it leaves a white moisture ring if I leave it on for a couple of days. Never did that before.

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

You might want to reduce salt intake, that can cause fingers swelling.

I don't think my fingers are swelled. Maybe the ring was a little snug to start with and I never noticed. 

I'd not worn a ring my whole life until I got married as I'm not keen, but I can't get away with it now 😁

Just now, danmc82 said:

I don't think my fingers are swelled. Maybe the ring was a little snug to start with and I never noticed. 

I'd not worn a ring my whole life until I got married as I'm not keen, but I can't get away with it now 😁

Well ill fall back to getting a jeweler to stretch it on a metal ring sizer like tool, they heat it up then use a leather hammer and up it a size.

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

Well ill fall back to getting a jeweler to stretch it on a metal ring sizer like tool, they heat it up then use a leather hammer and up it a size.

Cheers for the info. I'd have a go myself but it'll end up like this... 😁

im-Gold-filled-Closed-Square-Ring-14-mm-x1.thumb.jpg.0b36690fbdd09169a5fcf051c48918c7.jpg

Archived