• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GSBE Scam - Screwed me over.

AlphaBeast

Hey all,

I am having issues with GSBE - very disappointed considering all the bad press they have received over the years, and I for one, defended them, but now I am in the same boat, and not really happy with the service.

In 2019, my order was received, including an order that was not supposed to be despatched. When I say order, 2 of 9 coins of that order came with the rest of the orders.

I was surprised by the extra 2 coins, so I checked my order details. This order, which 7 items were not despatched was marked as 'shipped'. Obviously, I was perplexed and went to GSBE who said only 2 coins were despatched and the other 7 would come in my next delivery. This is stated in an email from Christine/GSBE.

So, I received my latest order before Brexit, December 2020, and now that order, which include 7 items were not delivered. No invoice for this order was included, as they did for my other orders.

I contacted GSBE, where the first response they sent was, that 'they had sent it, please check stock'. But obviously, stock is checked, and I don't ave those 7 items!

I have emailed them 3-4 times, without any replies. I know they might be busy. but this is really p*ssing me off especially as 2 coins were QB Griffins 2 oz and 2 x 2019 rectangle bars.

Today - I got an email to say they are refunding me - I am absolutely pissed off considering how much the Griffins are worth now.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Hi @AlphaBeast

I would put it down to experience and move on.  I suspect there is nothing you can do about this.

It boils down to closing the dealer that might be ever so slightly cheaper but will deliver on their promises (and isn't rude when doing so).

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I've heard mainly negative things about them, especially in terms of communication. A friend of mine waited 4/5 weeks for an order he placed (nothing too fancy but it was about 800 EUR in value) which then came in two separate deliveries. In the end, he got all his stuff, but he was worried about the total lack of communication and if anything really frustrated that he couldn't get in touch with them properly.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, at least you got refunded. I am of the opinion that paying slightly more at other (more reputable) dealers is fine, I'd consider it a dealer premium. I prefer paying a bit more for peace of mind and strong communication than being left in the open on the whereabouts of my order.

All the best and happy Friday nonetheless.

Agreed. Also now with the VAT issue on silver, I don’t know if it makes sense to buy from a European dealer.  I haven’t looked into it, but suspect it my not be worth it. 

Best

Dicker

I'm afraid i've seen more than enough bad reviews about their lack of customer service, not just here either, so safely say i will never order from them. The way i see it, they are\were only cheaper if you actually get your stuff! It only takes one order missing, or a damaged proof to totally wipe out any savings you might make. I will happily pay a little more and use a dealer who i trust.

That's it. + 2 / 3% more at another dealer for the confidence that your items are delivered as such AND you can actually communicate with them, sounds like a good deal to me 😄.

My go to dealers atm are European mint (mainly for silver though) and BBP (mainly for singular purchases like a sov or 1/4 oz gold). I placed an order yesterday with Europa Bullion, the forum members are of good opinion about them. So far so good!

2 minutes ago, Alex944 said:

That's it. + 2 / 3% more at another dealer for the confidence that your items are delivered as such AND you can actually communicate with them, sounds like a good deal to me 😄.

My go to dealers atm are European mint (mainly for silver though) and BBP (mainly for singular purchases like a sov or 1/4 oz gold). I placed an order yesterday with Europa Bullion, the forum members are of good opinion about them. So far so good!

What is the price differential like between U.K. and Euro dealers?

I used Silver 2 Go previously and they were good.  

However after a hassle with import duty from the US (hassle to resolve) I am minded only to buy from U.K. dealers, for the convenience. 

Best

Dicker

1 minute ago, dicker said:

What is the price differential like between U.K. and Euro dealers?

Biggest difference would be in VAT. Disregarding that 20% VAT from UK dealers, I'm finding the average price from UK dealers about 27-29 EUR for your average 1oz silver coin (Brits, Phillie). Comparing that to the European mint, they are currently advertising a 2021 Brit for 24,75 EUR, 2021 Phillie for 24.05 EUR, so I'd say it's about a 10-15% difference.

58 minutes ago, Alex944 said:

hear about your experience, at least you got refunded. I am of the opinion that paying slightly more at other (more reputable) dealers is fine, I'd consider it a dealer premium. I prefer paying a bit more for peace of mind and strong communication than being left in the open on

I perfectly understand the anger and frustrations with GSBE.  But, to counterbalance the bad experiences, I have to say that after more than 120 orders  (in number and big value) and 4 years working with them, I am still confident about their service. As many here, I am sometimes frustrated by their inconsistent communication and I can say that I am not always feeling confident  (that lasts sometimes  weeks) , and in rare cases with lack of perfect quality ;  in the whole amount of orders I have also experienced 2 coins in back order and finally not in stock anymore (and then paid back by them) I have also got two coins with scratched capsules, 1 coin with milk spots. These situations arrive when I choose  the storage option, but have been rare along these 4 years. However these flaws are really slim compared to the mass of coins ordered, and also, with the bargains they makes me profit sometimes. So I accept them and deal with their lacks as I feel I am winner in the whole deal.

Last delivery request was 2 weeks ago with 20 orders in storage and more than  15k€. Parcel arrived perfectly packed and without any glitch the next day

2 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

However these flaws are really slim compared to the mass of coins ordered, and also, with the bargains they makes me profit sometimes. So I accept them and deal with their lacks as I feel I am winner in the whole deal.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Happy to hear a different sound about them though. I think the main issue (for me personally anyway) is communication. I work in the service industry for a while and I value communication and transparency very highly. Hearing plenty negative experiences around the communication and ''vague'' answers, I think it is just not the one for me.

I am a sucker for the things I order, sometimes I get all giddy-giddy and can't wait for the order to arrive. I can't imagine the stress I would get from not knowing what is happening with my order and not hearing anything for weeks😅

2 minutes ago, Alex944 said:

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Happy to hear a different sound about them though. I think the main issue (for me personally anyway) is communication. I work in the service industry for a while and I value communication and transparency very highly. Hearing plenty negative experiences around the communication and ''vague'' answers, I think it is just not the one for me.

I am a sucker for the things I order, sometimes I get all giddy-giddy and can't wait for the order to arrive. I can't imagine the stress I would get from not knowing what is happening with my order and not hearing anything for weeks😅

I perfectly understand your feeling 

With all the bad talk about goldsilver it’s a bit controversial to say this but...As a collector from Belgium, I never had any problems with Goldsilver. I do agree their communication is reduced to an absolute minimum. They won’t alarm you when certain stuff is delayed, you have to figure out that yourself at the page of the coin(s) you bought. Also; I always get my stuff delivered directly, no storage. Very good packaging and secure shipping. Maybe I’m lucky? Or just too relaxed 😂

Staking since mid 2019 and all of my orders were at GSBE. Never had any problem, never had a missing coin, only once delivery toon 2 days longer than expected. My emails were all answered the same day. 

So for me no reasons yet to order somewhere else. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

Latest -

I received all the coins apart from 1. I have asked them about it, no responses. Might send a couple more chasers, at least try to get some refund for that coin.

I am just happy I have the majority.

any vat charged by customs?

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived