• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Royal Mint proof Britannia

breaktwister

1 hour ago, breaktwister said:

I emailed them and they bizarrely replied "We are unable to discuss any possible future releases"!?!

Sounds like top notch customer service there 😀

I see from this article they released them last year on 10th February, so I'd imagine a few weeks away yet:-

United Kingdom: Popular Britannia gold and silver Proof coins launched | Coin Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 272 said:

Britannia 2021 proofs now on their website

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/2021-britannia-coins/

I joked about this happening on a Thursday!! I wasn’t expecting it. Took wife to Dr at 8.30am. Managed to get a 2oz Gold though around 9.40am!! I got the lower mintage one with the Lion 🦁 on it. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

18 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I joked about this happening on a Thursday!! I wasn’t expecting it. Took wife to Dr at 8.30am. Managed to get a 2oz Gold though around 9.40am!! I got the lower mintage one with the Lion 🦁 on it. 

Looks like a good buy for the future. I also like the design. Do you believe that the mintage limit in this format is really 50 or is it 100 as the maximum coin mintage is shown as 103? In what format would they sell the other 53?

5 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

Looks like a good buy for the future. I also like the design. Do you believe that the mintage limit in this format is really 50 or is it 100 as the maximum coin mintage is shown as 103? In what format would they sell the other 53?

I guess it is 103, 3 for museum, queen and trial of the pyx. The other 50 maybe for some 2 coin 2oz gold sets?? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I originally thought that as well, but with the premium exclusive design there are only an additional 10. I have contacted the Royal Mint about this and will let you know if I receive an explanation.

1 hour ago, Chrisplym said:

I originally thought that as well, but with the premium exclusive design there are only an additional 10. I have contacted the Royal Mint about this and will let you know if I receive an explanation.

50 more over the headline of limited edition of 50 is just ridiculous, which means 100% more.  See if there is any reasonable explanation from RM.

Does anyone know what constitutes a BU finish on these coins? Had to return one with scuff marks on it and this next one is looking a bit "hazy". Like someone wiped it gently after manufacturing

Also has hairline scratches on the obverse 

Archived