• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Shipping 100 silver coins to UK, from US

Tobias

Hi guys,
I am interested in investing in 100 Silver 1oz Britannias.

I have looked at some of the prices and a US company have silver Brits that are way cheaper than buying in the UK. And yes I have taken the US postage charges into account.

The problem is that I don't know how much of a charge Customs will slap me with? ...  These coins will most likely be recently minted, so I doubt they will qualify as antiques.
.. This is for stacking silver, not antique transporting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading

You'll be slapped with 20% VAT on the coins and charged an additional handling fee by the relevant courier firm.

100% guaranteed to be more expensive than buying in the UK, by the time they get here.

The cheap way to buy silver has just been ended, with our departure from the EU.

Thanks for posting guys :)

I haven't added VAT into my calculation yet, because I didn't know what % to add.  I know that the standard rate is 20%, but there are exceptions.  This is why I mentioned the bit about stacking / the coins not being old.

Plus about £12 depending on the courier handling charge.

Also, in theory there could be a 2.5% tarriff as the purchase is over £630.

I have no experience of this 2.5% tariff though, but my understanding is it is possible.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Thanks to all of you for your replies 👍

I have now calculated all the various costs in a spreadsheet, comparing the US company to the two UK companies.  You're right, the UK company is cheaper for 1oz Britannias, both Gold and Silver.

Yeah don't do it, unless there free. The best deals are usually on here. 

I compare prices often in the US/Uk on purchase I make.The things I buy with a prem are usually sold out so justified, but if you want some brits I'm sure you can find them here for a good price. 

Archived