• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Annual Coin Sets

Jeffers46

Good evening all,

The RM have released the annual sets featuring the circulating coinage of the year plus the bespoke designs. I'm not sure if there are many collectors of these on here. The special designs are incredible. I Checked the RM site when I got home, and so own up, who bagged all of these? There's a fantastic gold 50p in there, a young head Lizzie and limited to 95!

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/annual-sets/2021-annual-coin-sets/the-2021-united-kingdom-gold-proof-commemorative-coin-set/

12 hours ago, Jeffers46 said:

Good evening all,

The RM have released the annual sets featuring the circulating coinage of the year plus the bespoke designs. I'm not sure if there are many collectors of these on here. The special designs are incredible. I Checked the RM site when I got home, and so own up, who bagged all of these? There's a fantastic gold 50p in there, a young head Lizzie and limited to 95!

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/annual-sets/2021-annual-coin-sets/the-2021-united-kingdom-gold-proof-commemorative-coin-set/

I was on the Royal Mint's web site at 9am yesterday.  There was no queue to access the web pages, but when you pressed on the gold set (95 released) you were just taken back to the main page - so I found it was impossible to place an order (not that I was going to, but I wanted to see if it was possible to place an order).  After a few minutes the gold set (£7,100) was sold out.  I do wonder how many sets were actually put on sale via the web site.

I think there are major implications here for the release of the next Great Engraver coin which so many people are so excited about.  I fear that most people will not be able to access the web pages until many of the coins (and certainly the gold ones) have sold out.

I really like the new fifty pence with the young head, quite like the design for the HG Wells Two pound, nice to see that the Royal Mint has fixed the stability issues that the original Martians'

ships had, with the addition of a fourth leg.

8 minutes ago, Wampum said:

I really like the new fifty pence with the young head, quite like the design for the HG Wells Two pound, nice to see that the Royal Mint has fixed the stability issues that the original Martians'

ships had, with the addition of a fourth leg.

Yeah, that Martian Tripod always did have stability problems.

The Grauniad have also picked up on this (including the wrong hat!!):  https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/jan/05/hg-wells-fans-spot-numerous-errors-on-royal-mints-new-2-coin

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The Grauniad have also picked up on this (including the wrong hat!!):  https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/jan/05/hg-wells-fans-spot-numerous-errors-on-royal-mints-new-2-coin

I thought there was something odd about that coin, I always thought the invisible mans head was bandaged.

On 06/01/2021 at 11:19, AndrewSL76 said:

That's brilliant did not see the hat, bit of Artistic License, H G Wells? "Oh aye big robots, and a see through man with a hat,"    

I really like the design of the decimal day 50p (same designer as the diversity 50p - she did a better job with this one i think) and the tv 50p. The 2 pound designs are meh (they havent done a decent 2 pound design since the RAF coins imo).

I've bought a couple of the annual sets, mainly to get the young head version of the decimal day 50p!

Archived