• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello all, new stacker here!

ssvp

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi, I am brand new to stacking silver and I am currently waiting on my first order of silver coins to arrive. It is very exciting to be part of this cool community!

I always knew there was something wrong with the current financial system but never really looked into it. Bitcoin is what started me out on my 'economic awakening' and after being in that space for a little while I have found my way here as well. Personally I think the 2 compliment each other nicely. I was gifted a 1oz Sunshine Mint Silver Eagle for Christmas and as soon as I held it in my hand I knew I wanted to get into silver.

I have been doing a good amount of research and it is very interesting how many parallel narratives and themes I see coming from the crypto world.

Anyway I have placed my first order from silvergoldbull, from what I can tell they seem to be a reputable dealer. I plan on stacking mostly 1oz silver Canadian Maples, American Eagles, and Britannias. Also a little bit of half oz silver RCMs and possibly a little bit of 1/10oz RCM gold coins and maybe a 10oz RCM silver bar just to have 1 bar. My current goal is to accumulate 100oz of silver and 1oz of gold.

For my testing kit I plan on doing a visual inspection, weighing with a scale, measuring diameter and width with caliper, the rare magnet slide test and the ping test with the Bullion Test app. (I may get the Sigma Metalytics eventually down the road but it is pretty expensive...)

I have subscribed to many silver stacker YT channels as well as the David Morgan newsletter and ordered his book The Silver Manifesto.

Basically my plan is to just stack minted coins as close to spot price as possible. This seems like a really fun hobby to get into and it is a fantastic way to maintain wealth outside the current system which is so irreparably messed up at this point. I hope we get back to a real money standard after it is all over.

Any suggestions for YT channels or other resources and tips for a noob would be appreciated. Looking forward to stacking and being part of this community! I think this forum looks like a really awesome place for silver enthusiasts, it looks nice and seems active and I think the giveaways are a really cool feature. I am considering joining as a silver member but I do think it is a bit on the pricey side for a forum membership, however if you are someone using it for trading then I can see it being worth it. 

Cheers everyone

Edit: One thing I forgot to add is that I hope I am not too late to the game here, with everything going on in the world it almost seems as if an economic collapse could happen in weeks or months at this point. I know there are lots of people propping up the system so it won't fail but 2020 has also shown us that they are extremely willing to destroy peoples lives...I just hope we have at least another year before anything major happens so I can be better prepared. Anyone with any insight on this would also be appreciated but I know we are all mostly guessing here, thanks.

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived