• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Your stacking gold goals for 2021?

Coolsmp

I'm sure this question gets asked every year?

I didn't quite reach my 2020 goal. I was aiming for 10oz of gold for 2020 only managed just under 9oz so was a little disappointed (other investments took priority).

That means that my 2021 goal will be 11oz to make up for it. It will be good to come back at the end of year to see if people have achieved their goals.

Happy stacking folks!!!!

I sold all my gold and silver stack in 2019 to buy a property , January 2020 my aim was to purely focus on weight and try to reach 30 oz by the end of the year .

2020 happened to be an amazing financial year for my business and I hit my 30 oz target by May but then I realised 30 oz is not quite 1 kg 🤣

so I kept on buying , by august 2020 I was sitting on 1.3 kg of gold but then I decided to make my childhood dream come true and bought myself an expensive toy worth of £60k   ( Porsche 911  )🤣  so I sold some of my gold to make that happen .

After I bought the Porsche and made some improvements and investments in my business my stack shrank to 20 oz only but like I said 2020 was a great year for my business so money kept on coming and I continued buying gold again but this time I decided to collect instead of stacking so I bought some lovely numismatic coins with high premiums , right now I have 29 oz of gold for which I have paid a total premium of almost £12000 .

Right now I love my collection / stack  but my aim for 2021 is to take a step back from PMs and try to educate myself about other forms of investments and hobbies .

I have no intention of selling any of my stack anytime soon but I won't be buying either .

2021 is a mixed year in my opinion. No goal - so let's see how it goes.

Tempted to buy silver, but 20% VAT is annoying! Might  not even buy anything depending on prices and income.

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

I'd like to add 2 oz of gold to the stack.

For silver I'd like to complete the Libertad collection. And complete the 2 oz Elemental Privateer collection, though the premiums on both series are consistently very high. I may just add more dimes and half dollars to the stack instead. 

I suspect that it will be a fairly quiet stacking year for me, at least compared to the last four.

Currently I plan to add a 2021 sovereign, maybe a double sovereign, and a 2021 1 oz Gold Standard Coin.

I also fancy picking up a 2020 1/2 oz Britannia.  I don't have any 1/2 oz gold coins, and I actually prefer the pre-2021 Britannia coin design to the new one.

Perhaps some more gold too, depending on what else the Royal Mint release in bullion designs.

I do not currently intend buying any more physical silver or platinum, unless the prices fall considerably (like they did in 2020) and the buying opportunity is too good to pass up.  However, I will almost certainly add to my silver and platinum ETFs this year.

2020 was a good year for my stack.  At the start of the year, my intention was to buy about 3 oz of gold as a minimum.  In reality I added 11 oz of silver, 3 oz of platinum and about 7.4 oz of gold.

6 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I also fancy picking up a 2020 1/2 oz Britannia.  I don't have any 1/2 oz gold coins

1/2 Brits would be nice but the high premium on these compared to other full and fractionals Brits puts me off 😑

Same as last year: one 1oz and one 10g PAMP bars. (Another 100g bar is also on the wishlist, but budget won't allow).

For collecting, I'm waiting for the 1/2oz proof Gold of Incas (3rd coin from Magic of Gold from Austrian Mint).

no buying goal of any more PM , just consolidation of what i have, i am on the wind down now, not enough years left to worry about too far into the future 😀, so what i have i will use if i need to later or pass on , i might dabble in to grading what i have to make the most of value.

dean.m

Just to buy when the price is good! In respect of physical ‘hold’ I am only buying gold for the time being. I will be selling as and when needed to rebalance the average price. For stocks etc. I am concentrating on GGP and ALBA. Looking to invest each month as funds allow once physical gold has been added. No plans to sell either GGP or ALBA unless they hit my new targets (£1.50 for GGP and 5p for ALBA).

5 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just to buy when the price is good! In respect of physical ‘hold’ I am only buying gold for the time being. I will be selling as and when needed to rebalance the average price. For stocks etc. I am concentrating on GGP and ALBA. Looking to invest each month as funds allow once physical gold has been added. No plans to sell either GGP or ALBA unless they hit my new targets (£1.50 for GGP and 5p for ALBA).

GGP and ALBA are risky companies as they are not very profitable and although their share has increased there is risk they they burn through their cash reserves as ultimatly each share price is only worth pennies. Centamin may well prove a better investment 

Same as every year, go to work on night shifts and earn fiat currency, watch and learn as Grumpy Dave the Golden Turtle purchases stunning Gold and Silver Coinage with my Fooking hard earned. Sell and repeat when Grumpy Dave is Hibernating, keep most of the profit's to myself ?? Coinster's !!                                                               I Love Coins...........................Me !!

3 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

GGP and ALBA are risky companies as they are not very profitable and although their share has increased there is risk they they burn through their cash reserves as ultimatly each share price is only worth pennies. Centamin may well prove a better investment 

GGP have ownership of currently I think 30% of 3.25moz of gold in the ground and counting, that's not cash but it's a very valuable asset

Thankfully the other 70% is owned by Newcrest who are ponying up the liquid cash needed to turn it into a functional mine and they have Telfer nearby to process things

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/GGP/us-65m-farm-in-agreement-with-newcrest-at-havieron/13998113?lang=en

https://www.newcrest.com/sites/default/files/2020-11/201130_Newcrest signs Havieron Joint Venture Agreement - Market Release.pdf

Newcrest Mining Limited (ASX, TSX, PNGX: NCM) has entered into a fully-termed Joint Venture Agreement with Greatland Gold plc (Greatland Gold) for the Havieron Project which is located 45km east of its existing Telfer operation, and has agreed to provide Greatland Gold with a US$50 million loan to fund certain early works and growth drilling activities at the Project

Is there that much risk?

edit> Newcrest just announced funding for a boxcut 

https://www.newcrest.com/sites/default/files/2021-01/200113_Havieron Project receives regulatory and funding approval - Market Release pdf.pdf

Newcrest Mining Limited (ASX, TSX, PNGX: NCM) is pleased to announce that the Newcrest Board has approved A$146 million (~US$112 million1) for the construction of the box cut, exploration decline and associated surface infrastructure at the Havieron Project in Western Australia, which it owns in joint venture with Greatland Gold plc (Greatland Gold). This funding approval follows receipt of the necessary regulatory approvals to commence these construction activities

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived