• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

info Scammer Warning

SilverStan

Mayuko Phillips (freedomgirlmedals)

Dave Phillips

##### phillips   Ive omitted this as Ive been informed hes using his junior age daughters name. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/freedomgirlmedals

This scumbag first tried ripping me off over 5 years ago with his fake silver shield wares.

He has just put a return request on an Ebay item he bought saying the coin is fake.

I suspect he will be sending me a fake one back , so I will record opening testing if he does.

However Ive made him fully aware I know who he is so we will see.

Anyway please be careful with this vile excuse. 

Shame we cant contact his previous buyers on Ebay as some of them have 100% been ripped off.

Happy Christmas All :)  Scumbags dont take Christmas off. 

Order number: 15-06288-51340
- Hide additional actions
item title
2020 Somalia 1 oz Silver Elephant BU .999 Fine Silver
Contact buyer   |  Leave Feedback   |  Add tracking   |  Sell similar   |  Second Chance Offer

Delivered on Wed, 23 Dec 2020
+ Show shipping details

Item price £27.13
Quantity 1
Item number 402615409209
Delivery service Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For

Delivery address

phillips
8 featherstone court
mill hill ebayq79662n
london

Here's what the buyer said

Reason

Doesn't seem authentic

Comments

Fake item

Silverstacking.co.uk 

Absolute minefield ebay for these tactics, all weighted in the buyers favour. I had an illuminating conversation with an ebay rep once who could quote the percentage of buyers that don’t ever buy again on ebay after receiving a ‘counterfeit’ item. 
The whole system is weighted in the buyers favour. The seller loses his item and has to refund with the cherry on the cake having to pay the return postage.

I refuse to accept PayPal on ebay for high value items, for this very reason.

Sadly precious metals is a magnet for scammers, similar to selling high value goods such as iPhones etc.

Best of luck.

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Fair play for outing him

I dobt know how people can do this there is much easier ways of making that amount of money legally too

I graft for all my money and it is a good feeling knowing I havent affected anyone else except in a positive way

I think I have an outdated attitude though as people love to scam 

3 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Absolute minefield ebay for these tactics, all weighted in the buyers favour. I had an illuminating conversation with an ebay rep once who could quote the percentage of buyers that don’t ever buy again on ebay after receiving a ‘counterfeit’ item. 
The whole system is weighted in the buyers favour. The seller loses his item and has to refund with the cherry on the cake having to pay the return postage.

I refuse to accept PayPal on ebay for high value items, for this very reason.

Sadly precious metals is a magnet for scammers, similar to selling high value goods such as iPhones etc.

Best of luck.

Same mate cash on collection on anything I sell but my stuff cant really be scammed 

Plus I have their address if I do get scammed there are ways and means to sort things 

This is very useful topic. I did buy some things on eBay but only from people w very high +ve ratings. Now I buy mostly on TSF 

I had a pretty convincing scam from ‘DPD’ this week. My package had been attempted to deliver twice & to arrange a third was a rearrangement fee. I suspected scam from email address & web address & confirmed then showed my family & wider group why it was convincing, logo, layout etc , & why fake. Email NOT from DPD & website somewhere else. But at this time of year especially people are busy, distracted. 

thanks for alerting us to this. 
CB 

15 hours ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

I refuse to accept PayPal on ebay for high value items

How do you do that, I thought it was mandatory in the UK?
Previously you could have refunded any paypal payment but now you're still stuck with the fees.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Actually ebay now can process the payments for you, cutting PayPal out. It’s a very recent change. It’s a weird one too as I thought PayPal owned ebay or vice versa? 

Previously I just added collection option to the listing and spelt it out in the description. 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

2 hours ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Actually ebay now can process the payments for you, cutting PayPal out. It’s a very recent change. It’s a weird one too as I thought PayPal owned ebay or vice versa? 

Previously I just added collection option to the listing and spelt it out in the description. 

Think they parted ways a few years back, I think as part of anti trust settlement.

ebay managed payments hasn’t been fully rolled out yet, you have to register and wait to be included which is a pain as I have been waiting a few months.

I sold a full tube of new American Silver Eagles to an eBayer with a low trading score.
He said they were "dodgy" and wanted a refund.
I had bought 4 full tubes from GS.be and sent him pictures of a coin from one of my other tubes as the picture he sent me was very poor and out of focus.
I discovered that the page eBay sends you to respond, defaults to accept return, which I accidentally hit trying to send the buyer more information and asking for a clearer description. No possibility of retracting this even explaining to eBay at length. End result was I had to send a prepaid return label and I was fortunate that I received the coins because the package was torn open with a corner of the tube sticking out. No attempt to wrap or protect the contents. The coins were mint perfect so I am not sure how eBay would have resolved this had I not hit the return accepted button in error.

selling a coin on e bay now, payment upon collection only, however you cant remove  paypay as a option!  already had someone buy it via paypal dispite BIG letters in description saying DONT! fortunatley refunded within 60 seconds which took some figuring out  .

always a worry selling on e bay only had one go wrong so far and dispite the general feeling e bay sides with buyer i did win my case and did not have to refund.

dean.m

23 hours ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Not always the demand here (or there is but not at a profitable/break even price) and people are prepared to pay more on eBay (especially on an auction style listing), its an unnecessary evil I would say but sometimes it’s the only way to make money on PMs, even after eBay and PP take all their fees.

I tend to sell singles via auction and I have learnt to list every possible flaw to a coin and always use tracked postage, tend to filter out any scammers.

2 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Why are people selling bullion on ebay? Sell it here, much safer and no fees. 

I have almost never bought or sold bullion in Ebay. But for collectible coins and more difficult to find items, it maybe is the best source altogether. Their footprint is huge. 

Instagram: gildeon_67

On 25/12/2020 at 13:54, InvestInCoins888 said:

I’ve been offered it... Perhaps because I pay for a business account?

be aware that if you DO go on to managed payment system with Ebay

You cannot sell certain items, like BULLION,COINS, and certain other categories such as vehicles and adult toys!

not sure if this is a temporary thing or not?

44 minutes ago, greendragon said:

be aware that if you DO go on to managed payment system with Ebay

You cannot sell certain items, like BULLION,COINS, and certain other categories such as vehicles and adult toys!

not sure if this is a temporary thing or not?

Yes you are totally right.
I spoke to eBay about this because I have been offered the managed payments scheme.

The guy I spoke too said that I have to except the payment scheme by a date they have given me (otherwise they take my listings down under Bullion etc)

Once I have excepted managed payments. I need to apply to leave the payment scheme to be able to sell under the Bullion category again.
He also said that it is not guaranteed they will allow you to leave Managed Payments though once you are in 🤯

They are looking into allowing these categories in the future but couldn’t tell me anymore.☹️

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

• 1 month later...

Archived