• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What will the price of Gold be (£/GBP) on 1st Jan 2022

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Gold price for January 2022 - I see it coming down to £1,200 (predicted would drop back down to, when gold hit it's all time high in £'s), but don't take that as a negative, it's a buying opportunity.

Ultimately, gold is going much, much higher, but I don't think that's going to happen soon. 

Keep an eye out for 2033 as a marker. 👍

Edited by GoldenGriffin

12 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Gold price for January 2022, I see it coming down to £1,200 (which I predicted it would drop back down to when gold hit it's all time high in £'s) or even below that, but don't take that as a negative, it's a buying opportunity.

Ultimately, gold is going much, much higher, but I don't think that's going to happen soon.  Keep an eye out for 2033 as a marker 👍

Why specifically do you mention 2033?

I’m just curious as that’s 12 years away.

On 21/02/2021 at 11:52, Foster88 said:

Why specifically do you mention 2033?

I’m just curious as that’s 12 years away.

Gold mining significantly took off from 1970 and up until now, the world has mined around 80% of the gold that is economically and practically viable to mine.

Based on that, if we calculate and project how long it will take to mine the last 20% of gold left in the earth crust...

(50 years / 80%) * 100% = 62.5 years.
1970 + 62.5 years takes us to 2033 and coincidentally, fits in quite nicely with history, 100 years ago (1933), when gold was illegal to own, unless it was collectable (Numismatic coins) which were exempt from confiscation.

I'm not saying that history will repeat itself, but it's interesting to see how things are playing out now and will be interesting to see what happens around 2033, when all that money printing (deficit spending / debt) we've seen over the decades, is settled.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

My predictions are:

Gold: £60/g - £1866/oz

Silver: £1.1/g - £34/oz

Platinium: £50/g - £1555/oz

Palladium: £45/g - £1400/oz.

I am sure that gold will act as a counterbalance for bitcoin's volatility. Silver and platinium demand in industry will be reflected in its price. Palladium is overvalued in this moment because is only fancy.

But... Is only my prediction. The time will tell us if we are doing wrong or not...

Perhaps, when the Chards work experience lad returns from searching Blackpool for three no longer required sovereigns, he could put all of these results into a table for us?! 😂

It would also be interesting to see how our views are influenced by the spot price.  Perhaps our mood too...  

History, I think, shows us that in times of economic difficulty we head for Gold... It'll be the same now.  

On 05/03/2021 at 17:13, Stacktastic said:

Im gonna re evaluate my prediction now, based on whats happened since my last one. 

Gold £2,200 - 2,500
Platinum: £1,200 - £1,400
Silver £25 - £28
Copper £8-10 (MAYBE MORE)
Oil $90 / barrel

Would be great, this is the highest prediction for gold so far - keen to hear your rational.

12 hours ago, Touvex said:

keen to hear your rational.

There is no rational as the fundamentals are clearly not very fundamental are they? 😛
I think however that gold is a sleeping giant at the moment, but it might take a year or two to play out. 
Hopefully later this year like it did last year, but with the vaccine 
poison & economies opening up again. 
Im not so sure especially as the economy/markets are more emotional than ever now.
Even the AI trading stuff is programmed to react in a similar manner based on breaking news (like in November). 

I cant see this level of money printing, stimulus ending, unemployment, social anxiety/unrest & forthcoming economic shitestorm ending in any other way, but it might?? 

Lets hope that we have a big party for the next decade and peace and love ensues
as well as no major wars/faked alien invasions, good bond yields, a steady stock market & low inflation. 
If that happens I could not give a stuff if my gold goes to £800. Its a fabulous buying opportunity.
But it will mean that things are peaceful/steady - As long as I can pay bills and be healthy/happy thats the most important thing. ;)
Gold to £5k an ounce would be nice though, I have a shotgun and lots of food as it wont be a nice place outside LOL. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Hahaha, wasn't expecting that last sentence :)

I agree with you and also think it's a great time to buy - like your analysis, if price goes down, we are happy, if it goes up we are also happy. haha.

1 hour ago, Touvex said:

Hahaha, wasn't expecting that last sentence :)

I agree with you and also think it's a great time to buy - like your analysis, if price goes down, we are happy, if it goes up we are also happy. haha.

Win win IMO. I sold a lot of my gold when it was higher last month, so have a decent margin to buy more now as I bought a lot of it last year (I bought a SOV today - £310). As long as we have an income source (and ideally side hustles) and investments - a healthy mind, body and spirit is the main thing. This seems to be lacking looking at the eyes of people in Costco this afternoon, but maybe thats my perception as i have not got out much this year, but people look dead inside! Might have been my choice of where to go LOL. 

Shame I feel sorry for them, especially the people that have not left thier houses for months for fear of dying on meeting or god forbid touching thier family or loved ones. I want things to get back to some as semblance of social norms really I guess, but maybe there is a bigger purpose im not aware of. Bit deep for a general topic on here - sorry. ;)

Edited by Stacktastic

I get you man, it's been so long since we had social norms this really does feel like "normal" now... can you imagine shaking hands when meeting someone again...

Let's keep clam and buy gold :)

Edited by Touvex