• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What will the price of Gold be (£/GBP) on 1st Jan 2022

Paul

As most of us will be off work until new year now 

A bit daft laugh.

Pop your predictions for where gold will be in a years time in 1st Jan 2022, add your reasoning to if you like

Higher? Low?

will be it 1:1 with bitcoin?

With me be in government re-education camps for daring to think outside of the box ?

Is the Euro gonna crumble next year?

Is the $ dollar gonna go tits up?

Will be nice to revisit this thread in a years time see who was 'most' right and on point

Me?

We started 2020 with gold at £1,150  peaked at £1,575 in August.

We are probably going to see the year pan out around to £1400oz for gold for the sake of easy maths

Equates to a roughly +20% upside for the year 2020 in GBP

I don't see this COVID world population & liberties control experiment going away, especially now with these 'new strains' invisible boogie-woogey men to fear us being launched this past week and new tiers.

I think we can expect pretty much of the same next year. More grey doom and gloom little to find cheers in.

Add some scary numbers of economics and costs of this "great reset" we will live through.

Expect some extra Brexit fall-out damage to the price of £ on sterling to against $/euro

I will predict another +25% added to the gold price for this year, so i will say spot will be £1,750  on 1st Jan next year 2022 

I did some math, added the risk of a virus, deducted some tears and compared it to the fear-level. Extracted the lockdown, multiplied with Brexit minus the square root of the deal. Then I took in account that gold is shiny, yellowish and heavy. Making me round it up to a nice round number:

= Gold will be £1643,87 on the first of jan 2022. 

Ratio GBP 1,00 / Euro 1,04

2 hours ago, Jvw said:

I did some math, added the risk of a virus, deducted some tears and compared it to the fear-level. Extracted the lockdown, multiplied with Brexit minus the square root of the deal. Then I took in account that gold is shiny, yellowish and heavy. Making me round it up to a nice round number:

= Gold will be £1643,87 on the first of jan 2022. 

Ratio GBP 1,00 / Euro 1,04

Nice work, except you're supposed to minus the "variance" not the square root. (Just don't do the square root and you're good) 

Otherwise I mostly agree except I'm inclined to divide Gold by the Mainstream Media constant.

Edited by RacerCool

A pure stab in the dark based on nothing more than gut instinct right now. But I am going to shoot for £1,765.32 on 01/01/2022 after an early Dec 2021 high of a shade over £1,800.00.

After all gold historically tends to drops slightly in value in late Dec, in the run up to the new year.

The Euro and USD will be dropping fast in value against the pound on 01/01/2022 

Strong hands should hold every ounce they have right now and ride the coming year out is my humble opinion.

Happy Christmas to all 

Regards 

DB 

On 24/12/2020 at 14:09, Paul said:

As most of us will be off work until new year now 

A bit daft laugh.

Pop your predictions for where gold will be in a years time in 1st Jan 2022, add your reasoning to if you like

Higher? Low?

will be it 1:1 with bitcoin?

With me be in government re-education camps for daring to think outside of the box ?

Is the Euro gonna crumble next year?

Is the $ dollar gonna go tits up?

Will be nice to revisit this thread in a years time see who was 'most' right and on point

Me?

We started 2020 with gold at £1,150  peaked at £1,575 in August.

We are probably going to see the year pan out around to £1400oz for gold for the sake of easy maths

Equates to a roughly +20% upside for the year 2020 in GBP

I don't see this COVID world population & liberties control experiment going away, especially now with these 'new strains' invisible boogie-woogey men to fear us being launched this past week and new tiers.

I think we can expect pretty much of the same next year. More grey doom and gloom little to find cheers in.

Add some scary numbers of economics and costs of this "great reset" we will live through.

Expect some extra Brexit fall-out damage to the price of £ on sterling to against $/euro

I will predict another +25% added to the gold price for this year, so i will say spot will be £1,750  on 1st Jan next year 2022 

I’m going with your excellent breakdown & prediction!!! 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Gold will go up next year and it will also go down. The £ however will rise against the $ and Euro, due to Brexit boost, GDP up and the UK getting out of Covid much faster (We'll get to 70% inoculation by April/May)  than either the US (they wont get to 70% population inoculation until September at the earliest) or the EU, (they'll still be struggling to get over 50% by December), so any rise in Gold in $ will be negated by the strength of the £. 

Gold will be about $2000 but gold in £ will be about the same as now, £1,400. Silver on the other hand will be about £24.  

Also the numbers 03, 10, 16, 28, 42, 44 will win a raffle or lottery sometime, somewhere in the world  in 2022 ;) 

Edited by HighlandTiger

£1250

The past year has really been the perfect storm for the gold price, COVID, Brexit, additional economic pressures all on top of an already rising gold price. It would seem highly unlikely that the world will see another year like it in 2021. For me, it’ll be a year of recovery and not one of new gold price records.

The articles from Jeff Snider sum it up well 

https://alhambrapartners.com/2019/08/30/gold-big-difference-which-kind-of-hedge-it-truly-is/

https://alhambrapartners.com/2020/07/21/exposing-the-golden-lie/

Because I don't think things are going to go well in 2021 or governments are able to fix the current monetary system gold is only going higher long term

It might have a period where it will get sucked back along with everything else but wealth is going to pool in it for safety 

£1700+

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

13 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

so will carry on  buying monthly.

20201227_080047.jpg

Nothing wrong with that strategy. Little and often, you will buy the dips and pay over on the upside - averaged out your price is spread 

1 hour ago, Happypanda88 said:

I see QE to infinity in the years ahead. It will be a race to the bottom for all major currencies.

On 01/01/2022,  gold will probably be at £1610 ! 😮

Please read my money printing myth thread 

Some countries might be different to the US federal reserve but if you look at UK government bonds (gilts) 30 year yields they're still about the lowest they've ever been; if anything the BoE was doing was deemed inflationary, even if QE was artificially keeping interest rates low in the short term, then that inflationary potential should still show up in higher long bond yields but it's not there

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

If gold breaches $2600 i expect it to go to $5000 - so if price breaches $2600 i expect price in GBP to be around £3500.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.