• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

gold half sovereigns for 150 on ebay

Ranger2girls

• Ranger2girls changed the title to gold half sovereigns for 150 on ebay
3 minutes ago, vicamy said:

He was selling fake money and that was to put me off, and he didn’t answer my questions directly. So hope he is genuine, but risk to me is high. 

Just wow.......who would do that (sell fake money!?)  TSF and dealers for me.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Curiously, within the last year I came across a seller on the TSF who was offering a similar deal, although much closer to spot.  

I asked for details on which sovereigns were for sale and I received the answer that it was “whatever order they come out of the tube”. The seller was not willing to provide years or sell more than one. 

Personally, I found that somewhat odd. 

Best

Dicker

Well indeed. I have bought from forum members where they were selling a couple of Sovs and so wanted to add to the pot to justify SD and they were more than happy to do so if they could.  

What makes less ends to me is having a (say) fifty Sovs and selling one per person, with out the ability to tell what year one might receive, let alone grade..... Can anyone explain?

Best

Dicker

Like some have mentioned it sounds almost too good to be true. 
Whilst I'm trusting in people I'm trying to think of reasons why it could be genuine?

If they needed the money quickly then why limit 1 per customer? That just makes it suspicious to me
Could be a non metals person who perhaps looked at one of the dealers websites or gone into one of the high street cash shops and asked what price they would buy for and they got low balled? Now they are just putting them on for sale at that price because they got told that's what they're worth? 

Who would post a sovereign using signed for 1st class ?
Not insurable with the Royal Mail and not tracked so the seller has minimal ( or any ? ) eBay or Paypal protection.
Even assuming the seller has a £1 selling offer he still has to cover postage and PayPal fees.
Last time I checked HGM would buy for a higher price.
If you are buying then you need to be able to verify the coin and if it is dodgy good luck arguing your case with eBay when the seller states that the fake is not the coin he supplied.
On the other hand he may not be familiar with sovereigns but who sells fixed price without checking previous sold prices beforehand ?
Personally I wouldn't risk it for the sake of a few pounds as the stress could blow the main fuse if you get a dud.

10 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Also,  one per customer could be to reduce potential loss from scam buyers.

I hope it works out for anyone who bought.

Agreed I thought about this but also it could increase the chance of coming across a scam buyer. 🤔

Way to many red flags with this seller/ listing.

registered as a business seller but with no business information, previous sales are £1 - £5 items.

sold a set of wreath crowns which are listed as fake.

selling fake £50 notes

Previous sale of three 1887 double sovereigns, Do these look real? Photo attached. The 1957 stock photo not of there actual coin.

Anyone can hand write a receipt on a piece of paper.

Time of listing just before Christmas delayed postage with bank holidays.

Accumulate  7.5k is sales then post out modern plated fake sovs which are regularly selling on eBay with same dates. See plated 1957 from another seller attached.

only one coin per customer hoping buyers won’t pursue with legal action for £150 but if a buyer bought say ten etc.

Hopefully I am just being skeptical, the sellers feedback in a week or two will show if legit or not.

60A35058-9CAE-4929-8652-9D9FAE4BF724.png

338058C0-B9F8-4C56-A1C1-96808A6647EB.png

57205B74-7BEF-44E4-8785-9B3E6129959B.png

D79AC3B2-CC61-44F2-BF57-0794F2AC1D5B.png

5 minutes ago, Coincollector said:

Hopefully I am just being skeptical, the sellers feedback in a week or two will show if legit or not.

I think we'll find out a lot sooner than that. I'm willing to bet a fair proportion of the sales will be to TSF members.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

14 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Including a photo of the original purchase receipt from 1958 is interesting.

It'd be unusually creative if these were fakes.

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

What stood out for me was that the receipt was not printed with the name of the jeweller.  For example I have a headed receipt for a box of nails and some wood bought from a tiny hardware shop in the nearest town from the late 1940’s....

42 minutes ago, Isitreal said:

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased one. If it turns out to be a chocolate coin I'll get my money back from ebay. 

Let us know how it goes.  I would be very happy to be proved wrong. 

Best regards

Dicker

Archived