• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Some more upcoming coins - Babbage 50p (next in Science series), WTP Owl, Three Graces Engravers,

h103efa

As pointed out by @westminstrel- Three Graces for the next engravers

reverse a depiction of three female figures representing Britannia, Hibernia and Scotia with the inscription “FOEDUS INVIOLABILE”.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3696030

Also some 50p - Winnie The Pooh & Owl and Charles Babbbage - the next in the Science 50p series?

the inscription “CHARLES BABBAGE” accompanied by numbers representing the name Babbage in numerical code; or

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3696031

• h103efa changed the title to Some more upcoming coins - Babbage 50p (next in Science series), WTP Owl, Three Graces Engravers,

Loads of massive gold coins.  Even the smallest of the Three Graces is 2 ounces.

I would have liked a gold 2 oz Una (and well done to those who got one) but sadly I don't think this series will appeal to me enough to want to buy them in gold.

I may try to get a 2 oz silver one once I see the design, but probably will just steer clear and buy gold bullion instead. 

45 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

I may try to get a 2 oz silver one once I see the design

To be fair to average " Joe Public / man on the street" the 2oz silver will be be the only coin that is fair & in their price range 

BUT pound for pound looking at after sales of the 1st coin Una & Lion GOLD VS GOLD

and the 2oz silver is outperforming in % terms over price paid

Example 

PF70 SILVER sells for £6,000 at auction (price paid at launch = £180 )  =  x33.33 return

PF70 GOLD sells for £59,000 at auction (price paid at launch = £3,995) = x14.76 return 

On 18/12/2020 at 21:40, Paul said:

To be fair to average " Joe Public / man on the street" the 2oz silver will be be the only coin that is fair & in their price range 

BUT pound for pound looking at after sales of the 1st coin Una & Lion GOLD VS GOLD

and the 2oz silver is outperforming in % terms over price paid

Example 

PF70 SILVER sells for £6,000 at auction (price paid at launch = £180 )  =  x33.33 return

PF70 GOLD sells for £59,000 at auction (price paid at launch = £3,995) = x14.76 return 

I will take a peek at the 2oz silver, it will have to be a top notch design to tempt me. I haven't yet received a coin from Royal Mint that I would consider being PF70 quality.

Archived