• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Music legend coins

Connor

I'll be honest I've no idea about future values. I've just received Bowie half and full ounce proofs. I'm gifting them. I'm pretty sure I've seen Elton a wee bit cheaper , £32 rings a bell. Can't remember where I seen it though. It was recently though. 

The vast majority of proof coins do not hold their value over time. They are coins you buy because you personally really like them so that adds into the value proposition. Some do well - a lot of them do well in the first few weeks so are worth getting to flip for profit but long term most lose their value.

Regarding the Music Legends series specifically - I sold up and got out of them because I became pretty fed up with the Royal Mint releasing different versions (read different sizes of the same coin) every few months. I thought it was diluting the collector market and as such lowering the value so I sold while there was still profit to be had and don't regret it. This being said I didn't like the coins...  it was about the profit for me pure and simple. If you like the coins you need to factor that like into whatever you think they're worth. There is nothing wrong with paying extra for something you really enjoy - life is short and that enjoyment has value.

On 09/12/2020 at 22:05, Connor said:

Is there more than one version of the silver 1oz coins? I don't understand how they can be so cheap compared to what the RM is selling them for

Rm just whack up the price because they can. Obviously people still buy from them but they must make on selling in bulk to other sellers.

I know I'm a bit late on this one, but they are £32.49 on silvertrader right now.

I bought the queen coin from the same seller, but wont be getting the rest as I dont think there is much hope for this series except picking up one that particularly appeals to you personally. None of the coins so far has much visual appeal, to me anyway.

On 09/12/2020 at 23:05, Connor said:

Is there more than one version of the silver 1oz coins? I don't understand how they can be so cheap compared to what the RM is selling them for

Besides the .999 silver bullion and .999 silver proof, they were also released with a Cupro-Nickel alloy, which looks like silver but isn’t; hence cheaper.

On past experience with the Queens Beasts range, i've opted for getting a few cupro-nickel Music Legends rather than silver BU - the potential profits seem to be higher for some reason (they are also better quality strikes).

The silver 2oz QB's i will be keeping long term.

The Royal Mint and Royal Mail have both issued products featuring Queen, Elton John and David Bowie recently, albeit in a different order. Maybe they use the same consultancy firm.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived