• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Atkinsons

Maxford

15 minutes ago, Maxford said:

Hi has anyone dealt with the above at all? Good experiences? Are they legit etc?

many thanks

Totally legit, been going for quite a few years now and are pretty good to deal with.

I had a pretty awful experience with them, but I accept this is not indicative of things generally. I am just a 'let me down and never see me again' type of person. Plenty of other dealers that I can access in London anyway and where I have to get stuff delivered, I would always go to Chards first. Just my view and I accept it goes against the flow.

I rate Atkinson's for bullion, sometimes slow on the dispatch but good company from experience, had them take a few days before firing out coins they had in stock last week. Used many times over the years. I chop and change between them, chards, Baird's and hgm - keep them guessing :P

1 hour ago, louisfinlay said:

Are you buying from the Pew-Owned department? The last three preowned gold proofs I bought from them I had to send to ncs for conservation.  

Dealers buy preowned proofs at below spot price the same price that they buy bullion coins at , they just go by weight. Handling marks on preowned proofs are common . Best to only buy proofs if you can inspect them , they probably accept returns on there preowned proofs.

Mixed reviews.  As another poster above has said, they have no issue selling handled and scratched proof coins for the full premium and saying nothing about it.

They also once sold me a very nice Carson City Double Eagle at a substantial premium... only to then send me a non Carson City coin.  They tried to claim the difference was of no importance and couldn't be returned until I threatened Small Claims Court.

Archived