• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Information needed

Fifer

11 minutes ago, RedDragon77 said:

Apparently due to widespread fraud in the outside world they are banned from sale here.

Thanks, for the info mate new to silver so didn't know just thought they were nice coins defo don't want fakes esp with the price they're asking 

1 minute ago, Fifer said:

Thanks, for the info mate new to silver so didn't know just thought they were nice coins defo don't want fakes esp with the price they're asking 

No prob, here is the announcement:

The recommendation is to stick to reputable dealers.

6 minutes ago, RedDragon77 said:

Mate I couldn't help but notice your Libertad with the historic coats of arms of Mexico, the Mexican coins are a growing interest of mine; I assume it's difficult to collect in Scotland.

This was my very first coin I bought mate the one that, "gave me the bug" lol to be honest it could be a fake for all I know I bought it from e Bay, before I discovered this, wonderful place! Wouldn't buy from anywhere else now tbh! The prices, on here are unbeatable 

3 minutes ago, RedDragon77 said:

I got my first Onza at an LCS recently, a very toned and roughly handled 1983. The non-reeded edge with writing is so awesome!

Welcome! Keep repping the Casa de Mondeda in Scotland and recruit your countrymen to the TSF!

They are nice coins hope to aquire more as my stack grows I like coins with a lot of detail, shows the mint takes a pride in their work! 

1 hour ago, Fifer said:

Fifer, you won't get fakes if you buy from reputable dealers. SilverGoldBull is a reputable dealer. Lots of the large North American dealers carry the Silver Shield rounds. Check Golden State Mint, SD Bullion, and JM Bullion. I bought some of these rounds from either SDB or JMB earlier this year.

You'll also be fine if you buy from reputable eBay sellers. Just check their reviews. If anyone has ever reported receiving fakes from them, just move on. (And some of the eBay sellers are actually major dealers who treat eBay as a supplemental channel.)

Your challenge is the shipping charge to the UK. Silver Shield is an American project, and while they're widely available here, I don't know if any British dealers carry them. But any major online dealer in the US or elsewhere will provide authentic rounds.

11 minutes ago, Bimetallic said:

Fifer, you won't get fakes if you buy from reputable dealers. SilverGoldBull is a reputable dealer. Lots of the large North American dealers carry the Silver Shield rounds. Check Golden State Mint, SD Bullion, and JM Bullion. I bought some of these rounds from either SDB or JMB earlier this year.

You'll also be fine if you buy from reputable eBay sellers. Just check their reviews. If anyone has ever reported receiving fakes from them, just move on. (And some of the eBay sellers are actually major dealers who treat eBay as a supplemental channel.)

Your challenge is the shipping charge to the UK. Silver Shield is an American project, and while they're widely available here, I don't know if any British dealers carry them. But any major online dealer in the US or elsewhere will provide authentic rounds.

I did have a look at their website I quite like their quirky style! But the mark up was mental by the time you took shipping and tax into account I might have a look on ebay again once I hit 50 ozs of rounds and bullion I'm at 27 just, now just, started stacking but find myself wanting pretty much every second coin I see on their Web page 🤣 but I realise this, isn't a good model for building wealth, so I'll continue with the bullion for now but I will be making a, purchase or two in the not too distant future! 

Thanks for the advice 

Kind regards Fifer 

Archived